The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Emery - a complete muppet who actually managed to do a worse job than Wenger, which is quite something - criticising one of our greatest ever players.
Funny.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 17, 2020 2:28 pm

People trying to get satisfaction from the comments of a certified douche in Emery need to take a look at themselves. Since when is the opinion of a f***ing idiot worth anything?!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon May 18, 2020 4:46 pm

People should read the whole of Emery's interview.

It's clear cut. He was the wrong choice for Arsenal. What's worse is that the likes of Gazidis, Sanllehi, and Josh hired him in the first place. They just needed a scapegoat after Wenger.

A lot of us didn't want Emery here because we more or less knew that he wasn't a good choice. He'd be perfect for Everton. For Arsenal, his style and caliber suggested a misfit from the go.

Man management is a major skill. Zidane at Real proved its value. The two best managers in Prem history have proven that

Jose has proven how lack of such a skill could devastate a manager in today's times.

It's a shame, it didn't work out with Emery. I hope it does with Mikel.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Mon May 18, 2020 11:47 pm

Gazidis, Mislintat and Emery were supposed to run the post Wenger era. All are gone 18 months later. Now it’s three novices and Raul. Doubt this regime will last much longer.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:57 am

swipe right wrote:Gazidis, Mislintat and Emery were supposed to run the post Wenger era. All are gone 18 months later. Now it’s three novices and Raul. Doubt this regime will last much longer.

I see you like Mr Bronson from Grange Hill.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 am

In years to come, the Ozil Chop will be given the same reverence as the Cryuff Turn or the Panenka.
https://youtu.be/a73YFjTZUeg
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Wed May 27, 2020 7:47 am

Members of the Ozil fan club in Ghana visited Thomas Partey’s family and gave them an Arsenal Jersey :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
https://ghanasoccernet.com/arsenal-fans ... nsfer-deal
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 27, 2020 11:20 am

Man like Ozil :)
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerz » Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 pm

swipe right wrote:Members of the Ozil fan club in Ghana visited Thomas Partey’s family and gave them an Arsenal Jersey :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
https://ghanasoccernet.com/arsenal-fans ... nsfer-deal
swipe right wrote:In years to come, the Ozil Chop will be given the same reverence as the Cryuff Turn or the Panenka.
https://youtu.be/a73YFjTZUeg

CRINGE :redface:
Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 pm

If it pans out that the restart does go ahead as planned and all the games get played, isn't it a possibility that this hiatus could work in our favour regards Arteta being better equipped to prepare, coax and cajole the current squad into 10 good performances?

I appreciate that our positivity default setting is currently at minus 11, but, what if enough professional pride and ambition remains within the squad for them to muster a concerted effort when fuelled by our coach's vim and vigor to succeed in his first managerial role?

With that scenario in place, what if the layoff proved to give Ozil the equivalent of a 100,000 mile full service as opposed to the usual end of season recharging of the batteries, and he plays a blinder for the 10 games? Too little too late? Almost certainly so, but it would be interesting to see if there'd suddenly be a clamour for his inclusion in the team for the start of his final season.

For as much as I didn't like the vast majority of the football under Unai Emery along with a lot of his decisions, I never foresaw for a moment the collapse as was to come with 10 games to go last season. With that in mind, maybe the way we manage to complete this season will be the polar opposite to last year.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:08 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:If it pans out that the restart does go ahead as planned and all the games get played, isn't it a possibility that this hiatus could work in our favour regards Arteta being better equipped to prepare, coax and cajole the current squad into 10 good performances?

I appreciate that our positivity default setting is currently at minus 11, but, what if enough professional pride and ambition remains within the squad for them to muster a concerted effort when fuelled by our coach's vim and vigor to succeed in his first managerial role?

With that scenario in place, what if the layoff proved to give Ozil the equivalent of a 100,000 mile full service as opposed to the usual end of season recharging of the batteries, and he plays a blinder for the 10 games? Too little too late? Almost certainly so, but it would be interesting to see if there'd suddenly be a clamour for his inclusion in the team for the start of his final season.

For as much as I didn't like the vast majority of the football under Unai Emery along with a lot of his decisions, I never foresaw for a moment the collapse as was to come with 10 games to go last season. With that in mind, maybe the way we manage to complete this season will be the polar opposite to last year.

Possible yes
But you are talking a recharge accessible to all players, Ozil has never shown to me to be highly motivated to anything apart from his wallet.
But every player is in the same boat not only Ozil and I expect the more highly motivated and less sulky will do more of the bussiness. It will be interesting to me if Ozil actually appears
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:23 am

So.... can we now say that the ozils situation wasnt specific to emery?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 am

Dejan wrote:So.... can we now say that the ozils situation wasnt specific to emery?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Right now we have almost reached the very polar opposite emotions of the euphoria even on this very forum from when he joined!

I think this picture is appropriate:

The result that day and the result today give a single good metaphor of many to why we have gone backwards as a club since Ozil has joined.

I'm numb to it almost, it doesn't make me sad anymore, I've vented more than enough at Ozil this and last year at him but we have much bigger problems now and they will take years to sort out.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:46 am

Can not blame Ozil today he trained but was not selected for what ever reason does not matter.
But he ain't remotely the man who will save this lot, I dont think anyone that good exists
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 am

VCC wrote:Can not blame Ozil today he trained but was not selected for what ever reason does not matter.
But he ain't remotely the man who will save this lot, I dont think anyone that good exists

Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't be able to save this lot.

I don't want to make an excuse saying it's Man City. We are closer to Aston Villa than to Man City these days.

A top-8 finish next season would be a success for this club at this rate.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club