Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby NovaGB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:As much as I hate to admit it things have gotten worse since Wenger !! But its the transition we all should have expected to happen but secretly feared, no band aid is gonna fix this we need to cauterise the cancer Wenger left and rebuild.

I beg to disagree.

Wenger didn't leave us in any mess, as unpopular as it may sound here. If his final, horrible season amounts to a League Cup Final, a UEL SF that we lost because of a Kosc blunder and no Auba or Alexis in it, or the second best home record in the Prem behind champions City, it wasn't that bad.

What was bad was Arsenal directors begging Wenger to stay for one more season after 16/17 because nobody was competent enough to include a proper football admin team within Arsenal until 17/18.

Wenger should have been moved upstairs after 15/16, or should have been let go after that FA Cup win in '17.

Our recruitment has been worse off since Wenger let go of his iron fist on transfers. Allegedly, the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi were Gazidis-sanctioned transfers. Ozil's £350k was on Gazidis. The only positive thing he did was sign Lacazette. Auba, Torreira, 'Douzi, and the likes were on Mislintat more than on Gazidis.

The problem at Arsenal is at directorial level. Gazidis and Sanllehi hired Unai when Conte was available. We've splashed over £200m since Wenger.

Dare I say, Wenger has gone from being revered to being criminally underrated. He spent his prime years here, '03 until '11 under financial austerity. When we did spend a bit, like the Ozil transfer, we were still operating on a net spend of £30m that season.

It wasn't until 2014 where we actually splashed the cash—spending nearly £100m in the summer of 2014. By then, Wenger should have been DoF at Arsenal. We still won the FA Cup that season.

15/16 was really it. If we had capable people at board level, Wenger wouldn't have survived that season. We didn't. And we still don't. I don't rate Sanllehi.

Basically, we have 4 people doing the job Wenger did by himself for nearly a decade at Arsenal. And, we aren't better off. We're worse.

Not only are we less impressive, we don't play the attractive brand of football that we did under Wenger either. We can't blame Wenger for the board's incompetence.

I do hope and pray Arteta can change this come next season. But then again.. We don't have an ambitious or strategic board.

Dude, Wenger and Wenger alone is responsible for eroding the squad's quality!! While at the same time our wage bill was increasing at a rate it had no right to - with the calibre of players we were buying. It had nothing to do with the Emirates move, it was Wenger's naivety, stupidity and arrogance that caused us to slip back, nothing else.

I won't get into the dets because, frankly, I don't have the energy. But here's a question: did Wenger own Arsenal? If we're disenchanted that we'd fallen from a title challenger to a top-4 team to a EL side, it's down to those who run Arsenal, not down to Wenger who worked near miracles until 2011 at least.

We should be blaming those who run Arsenal, not the man who was a manager, and later a coach.

Agreed, anyone saying different is over passionate about speculation, there is no hard proof either way to blame anyone, i just find it a bit strange that Arsene would build multiple amazing teams and win the title 3x in 6 years and cups, then think, f**k it...'i'm gonna have a laugh here'

The best way to answer really is that it was a combination of things, including stadium move, new board, Dein Leaving, lack of funds so worse players/to many young players.

Its way to easy to blame the guy in the public eye (who did a f***ing excellent job of keeping the clubs business private.

Wenger was in for players like Kante etc and basically said himself the reason he got Xhaka was because the board would not pay Kantes wages (not exactly like that but it was obvious), sounds like a man by the balls.

When asked why Kante joined Chelsea not Arsenal, Wenger said it was “obvious” given his eventual destination, implying that it owed to Roman Abramovich's side's financial firepower.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 60856.html
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:28 am

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:As much as I hate to admit it things have gotten worse since Wenger !! But its the transition we all should have expected to happen but secretly feared, no band aid is gonna fix this we need to cauterise the cancer Wenger left and rebuild.

I beg to disagree.

Wenger didn't leave us in any mess, as unpopular as it may sound here. If his final, horrible season amounts to a League Cup Final, a UEL SF that we lost because of a Kosc blunder and no Auba or Alexis in it, or the second best home record in the Prem behind champions City, it wasn't that bad.

What was bad was Arsenal directors begging Wenger to stay for one more season after 16/17 because nobody was competent enough to include a proper football admin team within Arsenal until 17/18.

Wenger should have been moved upstairs after 15/16, or should have been let go after that FA Cup win in '17.

Our recruitment has been worse off since Wenger let go of his iron fist on transfers. Allegedly, the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi were Gazidis-sanctioned transfers. Ozil's £350k was on Gazidis. The only positive thing he did was sign Lacazette. Auba, Torreira, 'Douzi, and the likes were on Mislintat more than on Gazidis.

The problem at Arsenal is at directorial level. Gazidis and Sanllehi hired Unai when Conte was available. We've splashed over £200m since Wenger.

Dare I say, Wenger has gone from being revered to being criminally underrated. He spent his prime years here, '03 until '11 under financial austerity. When we did spend a bit, like the Ozil transfer, we were still operating on a net spend of £30m that season.

It wasn't until 2014 where we actually splashed the cash—spending nearly £100m in the summer of 2014. By then, Wenger should have been DoF at Arsenal. We still won the FA Cup that season.

15/16 was really it. If we had capable people at board level, Wenger wouldn't have survived that season. We didn't. And we still don't. I don't rate Sanllehi.

Basically, we have 4 people doing the job Wenger did by himself for nearly a decade at Arsenal. And, we aren't better off. We're worse.

Not only are we less impressive, we don't play the attractive brand of football that we did under Wenger either. We can't blame Wenger for the board's incompetence.

I do hope and pray Arteta can change this come next season. But then again.. We don't have an ambitious or strategic board.

Dude, Wenger and Wenger alone is responsible for eroding the squad's quality!! While at the same time our wage bill was increasing at a rate it had no right to - with the calibre of players we were buying. It had nothing to do with the Emirates move, it was Wenger's naivety, stupidity and arrogance that caused us to slip back, nothing else.

I won't get into the dets because, frankly, I don't have the energy. But here's a question: did Wenger own Arsenal? If we're disenchanted that we'd fallen from a title challenger to a top-4 team to a EL side, it's down to those who run Arsenal, not down to Wenger who worked near miracles until 2011 at least.

We should be blaming those who run Arsenal, not the man who was a manager, and later a coach.

Tbf emery initally improved things, unfortunatly he couldn't sustain things. From a defensive point of view arteta has already made massive improvements which in a way is more important than offense considering how bad we have defended for the last 10 years. If he could play martinelli lw and ea cf we might look a lot better offensivlely to.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Arsenal will have to pay Real Madrid 50m euros (£44m) if they want to sign on-loan Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, on a permanent deal. (AS - in Spanish)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:29 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal will have to pay Real Madrid 50m euros (£44m) if they want to sign on-loan Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, on a permanent deal. (AS - in Spanish)

looool he is not even worth 15 million....get this trash guy out
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:

I beg to disagree.

To be honest when people throw the "who owned Arsenal at the time" argument into it to me its the sign of an almighty hail Mary attempt to score points. Was the CEO of Barings Bank responsible for Barings Bank going bust or was it the well trusted rogue trader Nick Leeson who perpetrated untold acts of dishonesty at a company he had previously been classed as infallible ?! The parallels are eery. Leeson and Wenger brought great success to their company, Leeson and Wenger were given the freedom to do as they will such was that trust. Both became arrogant, both put their companies on a downward spiral. Leeson left Barings bankrupt, Wenger left Arsenal as 2nd rate.
Last edited by theHotHead on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:32 pm

NovaGB, its not that Wenger did it on purpose, its that he was too arrogant and had too much power, he wanted to do it his way and it got to the point where he was so far gone any attempt to change his ways would look like a colossal admission of defeat - and his arrogance couldn't accept that. Unlike Fergie who DID change his ways to keep Man U winning Wenger had a philosophy and even when time and time again that philosophy was proven ineffective - Wenger didn't budge.

Sorry, but anyone blaming anyone but Wenger is deluded. In life you have to know when to step down, Wenger didn't.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:34 pm

gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

looool he is not even worth 15 million....get this trash guy out

Yup, they are having a laugh with £44m .......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:23 pm

£44m???! Er, no. £4.4m sure.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:48 pm

They were asking for £34m just a couple of months ago, so I wouldn't put any stock in the papers knowing anything at this point.

The player wants to go back anyway, so no harm done.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:59 pm

This guy has been a wasted loan, hardly played and hasn’t really impressed.

Wants to go back to Madrid and to be honest he’s not what we need, we’re going to need every penny we can get our hands because we won’t have much to spend to begin with.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Remember when Don-lovers hyped his performance against Burnley? Done nothing since.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 pm

How much did the Don spend on all these failed loans?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 am

Bring Santi home ......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Another years loan would be nice to see if hes worth anything, right now i think anything over about £20m would be a absolute piss take.

Or knowing our luck we pay over the odds for him and then spend £2m on some 18 year old one legged french defender.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon May 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Arsenal hope to keep on-loan Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, until the current Premier League season can be finished, but are not planning to extend the Spain international’s deal with the club for another campaign. (El Confidencial, via Metro)
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football