The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Don't know much about these guys but two relatively young players looking for their first big move:
Magalhaes
Guimaraes

Two players whose careers seem to have stalled and who would benefit from a freah challenge:
Lemar - exchange for Laca
Barbosa - use Auba money

A back up striker:
(a plan B premier league experienced back up striker/target man. Like Giroud or Benteke, a cheaper striker towards the end of their careers).
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Issa Diop or Upamecano or Ake and sell Sokratis
Doucoure or Zakaria or Partey
Zaha or Jonathan David if Auba leaves
Edouard or Moussa Dembele if Laca leaves
Sell Kolasinac to get his wage off the books and take kurzawa on a free
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:01 pm

1 Bernd Leno;

2 Achraf Hakimi
6 Willy Saliba
5 Tino Mavropanos
3 Kieran Tierney;

4 Pape Gueye
8 Matteo Guendouzi
10 Houssem Aouar;

7 Bukayo Saka
9 Gabriel Martinelli
11 Nico Pepe

Alternatively, right back would be Max Arrons, Denis Zakaria or Wilf Ndidi for the defensive midfield position and Kai Havertz for the attacking midfielder.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:27 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:1 Bernd Leno;

2 Achraf Hakimi
6 Willy Saliba
5 Tino Mavropanos
3 Kieran Tierney;

4 Pape Gueye
8 Matteo Guendouzi
10 Houssem Aouar;

7 Bukayo Saka
9 Gabriel Martinelli
11 Nico Pepe

Alternatively, right back would be Max Arrons, Denis Zakaria or Wilf Ndidi for the defensive midfield position and Kai Havertz for the attacking midfielder.

Looks like a west ham team.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:31 pm

Mavropanos? In a wish list? He's awful
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Leno
Saliba-Magalhaes-N'Dicka
Bellerin-Guimaraes-Guendouzi-Saka
Pepe-Aubameyang-Martinelli
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Ach wrote:Mavropanos? In a wish list? He's awful

Not disputing that his Arsenal career hasn't taken the upward trajectory his early promise suggested it would, but in that I also saw that he possessed a strong enough mentality and good attitude to support his footballing potential, I'm not writing him off just because he's hit a bump or three in the road.

In the same situation maybe you would be telling your son to jack it in now, give up on the dream and settle for non league instead because some fans think you're shit and not good enough for the top level.

Kevin Dr Bruyne, Mo Salah and Romelu Lukaku got bombed out of Chelsea because they were deemed unlikely to fulfill their potential or put simply, not good enough. Newcastle United, awash with fêted scouts and talent spotters broke a teenage Shearer's heart when they told him he wasn't good enough for them.

I'm not saying that Mavropanos will definitely be the bees knees and like a catapillar to a butterfly turn into a Raphael Varane. But will whoever it was that saw the resurgence of Skodran Mustafi coming in those last few weeks of the season, please give me some lottery numbers.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:51 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:
Ach wrote:Mavropanos? In a wish list? He's awful

Not disputing that his Arsenal career hasn't taken the upward trajectory his early promise suggested it would, but in that I also saw that he possessed a strong enough mentality and good attitude to support his footballing potential, I'm not writing him off just because he's hit a bump or three in the road.

In the same situation maybe you would be telling your son to jack it in now, give up on the dream and settle for non league instead because some fans think you're shit and not good enough for the top level.

Kevin Dr Bruyne, Mo Salah and Romelu Lukaku got bombed out of Chelsea because they were deemed unlikely to fulfill their potential or put simply, not good enough. Newcastle United, awash with fêted scouts and talent spotters broke a teenage Shearer's heart when they told him he wasn't good enough for them.

I'm not saying that Mavropanos will definitely be the bees knees and like a catapillar to a butterfly turn into a Raphael Varane. But will whoever it was that saw the resurgence of Skodran Mustafi coming in the last few weeks of the season, please give me some lottery numbers.

I mean f**k it play Zech Medley then.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:30 am

NovaGB wrote:
I mean f**k it play Zech Medley then.

Ok my brother gooner, I will see your Zech Medley and raise you...Serge Gnabry.

Happy Easter btw.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm

CB and CM are the priorities for me. I'd rather we spend whatever budget we have on filling those 2 positions with top talents.

CB: Upamecano / Unai Nunez / Tah
CM: Thiago A / Ruben Neves / Van de Beek

A midfield of Torreira, Ruben Neves / Thiago and Van de Beek would be decent imo. I reckon all three would be available for the right price.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:50 am

Giroud will be a free agent starting June 30. Should we take him on a two year performance based deal? Could be a good squad player to have. Specially since we have strikers coming off the flanks like Auba, Martinelli and Pepe. His hold up play could help them like it did Sanchez.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:53 am

swipe right wrote:Giroud will be a free agent starting June 30. Should we take him on a two year performance based deal? Could be a good squad player to have. Specially since we have strikers coming off the flanks like Auba, Martinelli and Pepe. His hold up play could help them like it did Sanchez.

Personally if you are going to go for a target man I would get woods, he is young and can score goals giroud is past it
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:08 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:Giroud will be a free agent starting June 30. Should we take him on a two year performance based deal? Could be a good squad player to have. Specially since we have strikers coming off the flanks like Auba, Martinelli and Pepe. His hold up play could help them like it did Sanchez.

Personally if you are going to go for a target man I would get woods, he is young and can score goals giroud is past it

A good analysis of Girouds game.
https://youtu.be/vodlVKmPPF8
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:10 am

Fine for free
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:59 am

alexafc12 wrote:CB and CM are the priorities for me. I'd rather we spend whatever budget we have on filling those 2 positions with top talents.

CB: Upamecano / Unai Nunez / Tah
CM: Thiago A / Ruben Neves / Van de Beek

A midfield of Torreira, Ruben Neves / Thiago and Van de Beek would be decent imo. I reckon all three would be available for the right price.
Van de beek is not good enough tbh. The players around him made him look better than he is

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill