Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:20 pm

NovaGB wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
NovaGB wrote:Ozil is the problem in regard that we can't offer other more deserving players a lucrative 'star player' contract. because hes got it, is it his fault? no, its Wengers for sorting it out for him, should he leave? f**k no, i wouldn't, but it is the reason we can't give Auba a big contract, because of wage budget and FFP etc and the fact we are a midtable club at the moment so we are not bringing in any money.

But like you said, its not Ozil's fault - but you said you agreed with Merse and Merse said Ozil is the problem because of his wages.

This problem has nothing to do with Ozil, the problem lays firmly with previous managers and the owners that through incompetence, inaction and imbecillic decisions have left us in the situation we are in. It has f**k all to do with Ozil.

I clearly said the problem is his wages, but its not his fault, make of that what you will.

Yes you did, but you also said you agreed with Merse and Merse said quite clearly - twice - that Ozil was a problem. He never said Ozil's wages are a problem. He went on to explain Ozil's wages were a problem but he clearly did say Ozil is a problem TWICE.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 pm

theHotHead wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
NovaGB wrote:Ozil is the problem in regard that we can't offer other more deserving players a lucrative 'star player' contract. because hes got it, is it his fault? no, its Wengers for sorting it out for him, should he leave? f**k no, i wouldn't, but it is the reason we can't give Auba a big contract, because of wage budget and FFP etc and the fact we are a midtable club at the moment so we are not bringing in any money.

But like you said, its not Ozil's fault - but you said you agreed with Merse and Merse said Ozil is the problem because of his wages.

This problem has nothing to do with Ozil, the problem lays firmly with previous managers and the owners that through incompetence, inaction and imbecillic decisions have left us in the situation we are in. It has f**k all to do with Ozil.

I clearly said the problem is his wages, but its not his fault, make of that what you will.

Yes you did, but you also said you agreed with Merse and Merse said quite clearly - twice - that Ozil was a problem. He never said Ozil's wages are a problem. He went on to explain Ozil's wages were a problem but he clearly did say Ozil is a problem TWICE.

He is a problem, but it's not his fault that we gave him that contract, ok?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 pm

LOL - I am being somewhat pendantic. Slow day
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:34 pm

theHotHead wrote:LOL - I am being somewhat pendantic. Slow day

That's internet forums in a nutshell :rofll:
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 pm

NovaGB wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Rockape wrote:Ozil is a 'huge problem' in Auba Arsenal contract negotiations
Paul Merson claims Mesut Ozil represents a “huge problem” for Arsenal when it comes to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s future.
Mikel Arteta considers keeping the Gunners’ striking talisman the top priority at the Emirates Stadium.
The Gabon international’s future is set to run out in the summer of 2021, leading to consistent transfer speculation linking him with a move away.
Merson admits it would be “a disaster” for Arsenal to lose the services of their current captain, claiming the lucrative deal Ozil is on complicating matters.
Merson told Sky Sports: “It would be a major disaster for Arsenal if they lost Aubameyang, however, the decision will be weighed up and at least it will be the club’s decision as to what they do.
“Do they give him £300,000-a-week? I’ve always said they will have a problem until Mesut Ozil leaves the club. Every day he’s there, every other top player will want what he’s on. It’s a huge problem and not a new one.
“If they want to keep Aubameyang they will have to pay him big money, but Arsenal may look at it and think if we give him £300,000-a-week for the next two or three years, is he going to be the same player? He’s nearly 31 and by the time he’s 34 he’s not going to be the same player. I don’t care who you are, at 34 you are not the same player.
OPINION: The five best tacticians of the Premier League season
“Arsenal may also weigh it up asking if they will win the Premier League or get into the top four in the next few years if they pay Aubameyang £300,000-a-week. They haven’t actually done it yet with him there, so they may look at it and say it is good business to let him go.
“There’s also the danger of giving him big money, just like they did with Ozil, and then every other player wanting the same. It would take you straight back to the Ozil scenario and if you do spend all that money on him and you don’t get into the top four it’s not money well spent.
“It’s a really hard decision and it will all come down to how the club weigh it up.”

Merse is right here.

Good God. Now it's Ozil's fault that Auba won;t sign a new contract.
Is there anything on this earth that isn't Ozil's fault???

Merson has always been a dumb fool.

Hes a bit of a t**t but hes usually brutally honest which the snowflakes don't like.

Like the comment about Arsenal being like a heavyweight boxer with no chin when we were on the 22 game unbeaten run under Emery, and we all knew he was right deep down.

Its very true what hes saying, Ozil is earning a wage that should see him challenging for a champions league title, not scrapping it out in mid table, FFP and all that, it affects the rest of the team.

He's not brutally honest, he's a shock jock and a drunken one at that.
He survives on clicks and publicity in his new life.

Here's one of dumbass Merson's best said whilst complaining that Hull had just appointed a foreign manager:

“I’m not having it! You can give me stick on that. There’s enough British managers out there, come on...off the top of my head, why not Thierry Henry? He’s done his badges, he’s a legend in the game, he’s ripped up the Premier League. If he walked into Hull City he’d give them a lift."

Actual quote.
He's a moron.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Real Madrid are hoping a cash-plus-player deal will be enough to persuade Arsenal to part with Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30. (Star)

Jovic?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Given how badly Coronavirus has hit clubs’ finances, I doubt we will see big money moves this summer. Which means Auba and his agent may just decide to wait it out for six months and invoke the bosman.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Ach wrote:
Real Madrid are hoping a cash-plus-player deal will be enough to persuade Arsenal to part with Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30. (Star)

Jovic?

Ceballos I bet
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 am

NovaGB wrote:
Ach wrote:

Jovic?

Ceballos I bet

Yup. We'll get Ceballos "free" and piddling £20m or something for Auba.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am

aniym wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Ach wrote:

Jovic?

Ceballos I bet

Yup. We'll get Ceballos "free" and piddling £20m or something for Auba.

Sounds about right! :disgust:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 am

Don’t think anyone will be pushing for a move to Spain this year. Not to mention Barca is already asking players to take salary cuts. Auba will not want to negotiate a big transfer in this environment. Hell just wait till Jan.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:47 am

Barca are rumoured to have a deal in place for that Martinez of Inter of over 100m so i don't think Barca will look at Auba again, it will be Madrid or PSG as Icardi replacement who looks Juve bound, outside of that its just rivals who will tempt him really.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:02 pm

Real Madrid are interested in signing Arsenal's 30-year-old Gabon forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - but only if they fail to sign Norway's Erling Braut Haaland, 19, from Borussia Dortmund or 27-year-old Senegal international Sadio Mane from Liverpool. (Express)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:55 am

If he finishes the remaining games in the league and plays for us for one more season, I'm confident he can break 100 goals. It would be a shame if he left before reaching that milestone.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, and Manchester City winger Leroy Sane, 24, are among the players giving clubs a headache over contract extensions after the transfer window was pushed back. (Telegraph)
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club