Please stay safe everyone

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Please stay safe everyone

Postby FARM » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:29 am

Take care everyone and be safe, this coronavirus is spreading everywhere like wildfire, I know sometimes we argue and disagree on things, but just take care and look after yourself and your family, this is very difficult times and so much uncertainty on what the future holds for all humans and this planet.

God bless you all and take care.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Please stay safe everyone

Postby VCC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:07 am

FARM wrote:Take care everyone and be safe, this coronavirus is spreading everywhere like wildfire, I know sometimes we argue and disagree on things, but just take care and look after yourself and your family, this is very difficult times and so much uncertainty on what the future holds for all humans and this planet.

Amen to that trying times for all, hope good will wins through and hope this brings the worlds super powers and super wealthy together to do the best they can for all, we can do our bit also with kindness and understanding, and if you know some one on the frontline medically reach out and thank them for us al ( in what ever way safely), and anyone else out there keeping countries in food weather that be farmers manufactures or truckies big ups to them also,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Johnf » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Yes, these are uncertain times and who can say what the next weeks will bring.
Economies under threat, unemployment may rise etc.
Funny, but winning the CL no longer seems so important.
Stay safe guys.
Johnf
Michael Thomas

Postby Phil71 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Yep.

All that matters now is that we can get through this without too many people dying.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:55 pm

It really is spreading.
We should look at past outbreaks like the H1N1 virus of 2009. Analysis of the pandemic after it was over put the infected number at 1.4 Billion worldwide. During daily reporting at the time it was a fraction of that. I suspect what we are seeing is less than 5-10% of the real number of cases, but the hopeful sign of that is the death rate is probably a lot lot lower than is being seen in the data as we live through this.
No comfort to those families who have lost loved ones but it is a reason for those that have contracted the virus, no matter what age, to be more confident of a recovery.

Hope everyone is taking it seriously and staying at home.
Remember to wash your hands after handling post and bins.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:It really is spreading.
We should look at past outbreaks like the H1N1 virus of 2009. Analysis of the pandemic after it was over put the infected number at 1.4 Billion worldwide. During daily reporting at the time it was a fraction of that. I suspect what we are seeing is less than 5-10% of the real number of cases, but the hopeful sign of that is the death rate is probably a lot lot lower than is being seen in the data as we live through this.
No comfort to those families who have lost loved ones but it is a reason for those that have contracted the virus, no matter what age, to be more confident of a recovery.

The "bright spot" is that when someone develops immunity their antibodies can be injected into others to prevent or even cure the virus. The more people found to have had mild cases increases the antibody pool.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 pm

FARM wrote:Take care everyone and be safe, this coronavirus is spreading everywhere like wildfire, I know sometimes we argue and disagree on things, but just take care and look after yourself and your family, this is very difficult times and so much uncertainty on what the future holds for all humans and this planet.

A friend of mine is holed up in his country cottage in Hertfordshire and reports that farmers are out planting. That is vital.

I would love to meet your pigs! Either in person or on a plate!
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 pm

The "bright spot" is that when someone develops immunity their antibodies can be injected into others to prevent or even cure the virus. The more people found to have had mild cases increases the antibody pool.

this is far from a foregone conclusion...

"Mike Ryan, the head of the WHO’s emergencies program, has said convalescent plasma is a “very important area to pursue” as a potential treatment for patients with Covid-19. “It must be given at the right time because it mops up the virus in the system and it just gives the new patient’s immune system a vital push at the time it needs it — but it has to be carefully time and it’s not always successful.”"
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 am

Let's hope they find a solution for this ASAP, stay safe everybody.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:58 pm

Went out shopping today for our stuff and for my 89 yr old mum. I felt like an extra in a Sci Fi movie queuing up with people in face masked and gloves.

Good to see everyone taking the advice seriously though and making a big effort to maintain the 2 m distance. Stay safe all!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 pm

jayramfootball wrote:It really is spreading.

Well the government advisor did say that 50% of the UK population may have already come into contact with it. If that's true, then the numbers are pretty promising in perspective.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Return to Arsenal Talk