American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:18 am

Biden seems to be in no physical condition to run for Prez, let alone serve as one.

This is going to be so sticky, between Trump and him.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 am

Angelito wrote:Biden seems to be in no physical condition to run for Prez, let alone serve as one.

If this pandemic had happened four months ago, we might've been looking at President Yang :(
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:08 pm

LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:Biden seems to be in no physical condition to run for Prez, let alone serve as one.

If this pandemic had happened four months ago, we might've been looking at President Yang :(

I was in favor of Yang and/or Tulsi tbh.

But both are too young and will have a go again. But at least, Yang has become mainstream since.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Trump is actually talking about churches being packed on Easter.

He is a literal r***rd.

Sounds like Presidential material ............ oh wait.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Can some of you Americans tell me, since. Trump took up the presidency, have things in the US gone backwards, forwards or is it a case of "as you were"?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:Can some of you Americans tell me, since. Trump took up the presidency, have things in the US gone backwards, forwards or is it a case of "as you were"?

I guess that depends on the measure. Economically massively better. Trade, great gains. Wages up sharply. Division, worse by far. Illegal immigration far less. Military readiness 100% better (we had a Germany problem with half of our air fleet grounded for parts). Race relations...as they were. Well better now to the extent than they were in say 2014-15 when all of the Black Lives Matter rioting and cop shootings were going on. The biggest is that ISIS was kicked out of their caliphate, the endless wars are being wound down. Trump has no passion for nation building in the manner Bush did.

We have this thing called Trump Delusion Syndrome by which many people refuse to accept certain facts as fact and inject emotionalism into everything. As in MAGA is racist, fascist and other nonsense (name me ONE leader of a nation that does not put his own nation first? If there is one she/he should be shot or at least tarred and feathered) . We also have this matter of the media misquoting the man (not that he needs much help being rather inarticulate) and those incomplete quotes become urban legend. Logic is out the window with perhaps 34% of the electorate and with perhaps 75% of the media coverage.

Now I did not vote for Trump, and he makes me winge all too often when he speaks, but after about a year when he was actually doing what he said, things were turning around I started to like his policies more and more. The funny thing is that if you look back the policies set forth by Bill Clinton and Obama...they match up on nearly every front. But now everything is about rather childish "resistance". Ego/power over logic makes for bad combo.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Schiff calls for a select committee to investigate the US response to coronavirus during the midst of the fight. Nancy Pelosi apparently is going to start "hearings" about Trump's response.

And they wonder why the public is about to flush the lot of them in November.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Schiff calls for a select committee to investigate the US response to coronavirus during the midst of the fight. Nancy Pelosi apparently is going to start "hearings" about Trump's response.

Let’s not take things out of context and spin them.

Schiff:

He says it’ll be "early next year" and "bipartisan".

Pelosi:

Direct link: https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/4220
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:10 am

Jared will perfomr the aformentioned/predicted miracle to help whatever this cpovid 19 is, cos, nobpdy reslly knows what it is, is it a germ? nobody really knows!

the chinese democrat plot!!!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Can some of you Americans tell me, since. Trump took up the presidency, have things in the US gone backwards, forwards or is it a case of "as you were"?

I guess that depends on the measure. Economically massively better. Trade, great gains. Wages up sharply. Division, worse by far. Illegal immigration far less. Military readiness 100% better (we had a Germany problem with half of our air fleet grounded for parts). Race relations...as they were. Well better now to the extent than they were in say 2014-15 when all of the Black Lives Matter rioting and cop shootings were going on. The biggest is that ISIS was kicked out of their caliphate, the endless wars are being wound down. Trump has no passion for nation building in the manner Bush did.

We have this thing called Trump Delusion Syndrome by which many people refuse to accept certain facts as fact and inject emotionalism into everything. As in MAGA is racist, fascist and other nonsense (name me ONE leader of a nation that does not put his own nation first? If there is one she/he should be shot or at least tarred and feathered) . We also have this matter of the media misquoting the man (not that he needs much help being rather inarticulate) and those incomplete quotes become urban legend. Logic is out the window with perhaps 34% of the electorate and with perhaps 75% of the media coverage.

Now I did not vote for Trump, and he makes me winge all too often when he speaks, but after about a year when he was actually doing what he said, things were turning around I started to like his policies more and more. The funny thing is that if you look back the policies set forth by Bill Clinton and Obama...they match up on nearly every front. But now everything is about rather childish "resistance". Ego/power over logic makes for bad combo.

I laughed when he was voted in. I've warmed to him though since. Yeah he says some stupid stuff at times which I partly think is him not getting his point across well enough with a poor choice of words. He should probably have someone charge of his twitter as well.

Too many Trump haters though who can't accept anything he does. He could solve world hunger tomorrow and the haters would be out saying he took too long and he should of sorted it sooner, rather than praise him for it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Good thing I rarely watch live TV, or I'd be inundated with ads of Biden being creepy from now until November:

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Tyranny of the minority:

"If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism, they will reject democracy."
- David Frum
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 pm

OK well, it had been clear for a while that Bernie wasn't going to get enough votes to be the nominee.

But now that it's confirmed that Biden is the nominee....this is a disaster for the Democrats. Biden hasn't been vetted AT ALL. What are his policies? What sets him apart? Every other Dem candidate had a unique value proposition.

But worst of all, Biden is going senile. It's obvious from his interviews, even the softball ones from MSNBC and CNN. He can't complete 2 sentences without forgetting what he was going to say. The Republicans have stayed quiet on this until the dust settled. And now it has. And Biden is f***ked.

This is a layup for Trump. He will hammer Biden on his failing mental state, his vote for the Iraq war, his votes to cut Social Security, basically all the shit Republicans love. And they'll hate Biden for it and hand their votes to Trump again. And yes, Trump is senile too. But the American people are used to it. They'll look to Biden as the return of "sensible governance" and the guy will be a stuttering mess on stage.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:39 pm

LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Schiff calls for a select committee to investigate the US response to coronavirus during the midst of the fight. Nancy Pelosi apparently is going to start "hearings" about Trump's response.

Let’s not take things out of context and spin them.

Schiff:

He says it’ll be "early next year" and "bipartisan".

Pelosi:

Direct link: https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/4220

If you believe Schiff...well he is anything but bipartisan.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm

LMAO wrote:Tyranny of the minority:

"If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism, they will reject democracy."
- David Frum

Trump is right. The integrity of our elections is vital. Sacred.

Frum is about the last person that you should be consulting about conservatism or look to for truth of any sort. The man was a Bush guy and hardly conservative. That said Trump is not a hard boiled conservative either.
Last edited by Pat Rice in Short Shorts on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate