Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Rockape wrote:Ozil is a 'huge problem' in Auba Arsenal contract negotiations
Paul Merson claims Mesut Ozil represents a “huge problem” for Arsenal when it comes to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s future.
Mikel Arteta considers keeping the Gunners’ striking talisman the top priority at the Emirates Stadium.
The Gabon international’s future is set to run out in the summer of 2021, leading to consistent transfer speculation linking him with a move away.
Merson admits it would be “a disaster” for Arsenal to lose the services of their current captain, claiming the lucrative deal Ozil is on complicating matters.
Merson told Sky Sports: “It would be a major disaster for Arsenal if they lost Aubameyang, however, the decision will be weighed up and at least it will be the club’s decision as to what they do.
“Do they give him £300,000-a-week? I’ve always said they will have a problem until Mesut Ozil leaves the club. Every day he’s there, every other top player will want what he’s on. It’s a huge problem and not a new one.
“If they want to keep Aubameyang they will have to pay him big money, but Arsenal may look at it and think if we give him £300,000-a-week for the next two or three years, is he going to be the same player? He’s nearly 31 and by the time he’s 34 he’s not going to be the same player. I don’t care who you are, at 34 you are not the same player.
OPINION: The five best tacticians of the Premier League season
“Arsenal may also weigh it up asking if they will win the Premier League or get into the top four in the next few years if they pay Aubameyang £300,000-a-week. They haven’t actually done it yet with him there, so they may look at it and say it is good business to let him go.
“There’s also the danger of giving him big money, just like they did with Ozil, and then every other player wanting the same. It would take you straight back to the Ozil scenario and if you do spend all that money on him and you don’t get into the top four it’s not money well spent.
“It’s a really hard decision and it will all come down to how the club weigh it up.”

Merse is right here.

Good God. Now it's Ozil's fault that Auba won;t sign a new contract.
Is there anything on this earth that isn't Ozil's fault???

Merson has always been a dumb fool.

Hes a bit of a t**t but hes usually brutally honest which the snowflakes don't like.

Like the comment about Arsenal being like a heavyweight boxer with no chin when we were on the 22 game unbeaten run under Emery, and we all knew he was right deep down.

Its very true what hes saying, Ozil is earning a wage that should see him challenging for a champions league title, not scrapping it out in mid table, FFP and all that, it affects the rest of the team.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Ozil is not a problem. He has a contract and has every right to see out his contract. How many of you would resign from your work and take huge pay cut so your company can employ someone else
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Ozil is the problem in regard that we can't offer other more deserving players a lucrative 'star player' contract. because hes got it, is it his fault? no, its Wengers for sorting it out for him, should he leave? f**k no, i wouldn't, but it is the reason we can't give Auba a big contract, because of wage budget and FFP etc and the fact we are a midtable club at the moment so we are not bringing in any money.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 pm

City:
KdB 350k
Sterling 300k

United:
De Gea 375k
Pogba 290k
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Now do revenue and profit.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Let’s be honest here, the club are probably going to cash in on him if this pandemic doesn’t stop them.

He’s have a year left unless they offer him a huge contract on a par with Ozil at least, but firstly the club can’t really afford it and secondly he’s 31 and will they want to offer that kind of contract to a player of his age when in a couple years he probably won’t be as good and will still be on huge wages.

I guess the issue with selling him is whether clubs will want to pay out for a player his age given the game has come to a halt and no money is being made so they may not be flush with money.

We’re in a bit of trouble with this one now tbh.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby NovaGB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:06 pm

LMAO wrote:Now do revenue and profit.

This 100%
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:57 pm

NovaGB wrote:Ozil is the problem in regard that we can't offer other more deserving players a lucrative 'star player' contract. because hes got it, is it his fault? no, its Wengers for sorting it out for him, should he leave? f**k no, i wouldn't, but it is the reason we can't give Auba a big contract, because of wage budget and FFP etc and the fact we are a midtable club at the moment so we are not bringing in any money.

Ozil and Covid both have the letters o and i in their names. Not trying to blame Ozil or anything but it’s mighty suspicious.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 am

swipe right wrote:
NovaGB wrote:Ozil is the problem in regard that we can't offer other more deserving players a lucrative 'star player' contract. because hes got it, is it his fault? no, its Wengers for sorting it out for him, should he leave? f**k no, i wouldn't, but it is the reason we can't give Auba a big contract, because of wage budget and FFP etc and the fact we are a midtable club at the moment so we are not bringing in any money.

Ozil and Covid both have the letters o and i in their names. Not trying to blame Ozil or anything but it’s mighty suspicious.

f***ing hell you're back, missed you.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:24 am

swipe right wrote:

True!!!!!
Ffs isolate him
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 am

swipe right wrote:City:
KdB 350k
Sterling 300k

United:
De Gea 375k
Pogba 290k

Tbh every star player at City is getting paid well beyond £300k a week. They have the cheat codes.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

But like you said, its not Ozil's fault - but you said you agreed with Merse and Merse said Ozil is the problem because of his wages.

This problem has nothing to do with Ozil, the problem lays firmly with previous managers and the owners that through incompetence, inaction and imbecillic decisions have left us in the situation we are in. It has f**k all to do with Ozil.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:11 am

I was strolling through a wet market in Wuhan the other day and saw a shop called Mesut’s Bat Meat. Ffs no Mesut no, how could you.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:

But like you said, its not Ozil's fault - but you said you agreed with Merse and Merse said Ozil is the problem because of his wages.

This problem has nothing to do with Ozil, the problem lays firmly with previous managers and the owners that through incompetence, inaction and imbecillic decisions have left us in the situation we are in. It has f**k all to do with Ozil.

I clearly said the problem is his wages, but its not his fault, make of that what you will.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32 pm

swipe right wrote:I was strolling through a wet market in Wuhan the other day and saw a shop called Mesut’s Bat Meat. Ffs no Mesut no, how could you.

Shame you didn't eat some mate.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club