Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

This man's hatred for Arsenal is pathological. What a sore loser.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The funny thing is he started off okay, first season bar Crystal Palace onwards was actually half decent, we were looking good for top 4.

But then he started second guessing himself, he couldn't sort out the defence or get his 4-3-3 to work so he kept swapping with 3-4-3 to have 5 at the back to plug the holes, it worked most of the time and stabilized some results but then he never fully committed to it despite the better results, he kept trying to succeed with 4-3-3 even after the Utd battering etc.

The players were just confused.

Then came the 2nd season and it was just a mess from the off.

Torreria placed basically as CAM, Pepe frozen out, Ozil frozen out until Unai buckled in a panic due to results, made Xhaka captain when at the time most fans wanted him gone for his unreliable fk ups and basically being a liability, you don't make a liabilty your captain.

Then it was the 4 captains BS showing indecision, also allowing the players to vote on the captain rather than picking your own.

The 2nd season was a shambles.
I think it was the europa league run that killed it. It was like we stopped trying in the league cos we were so confident of winning it. Then we dropped off in the league meaning there was way too much pressure on us in the final and we bottled it!

We then went into the new season with the players no longer believing. It was right back to the doubts they had under Wenger.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The funny thing is he started off okay, first season bar Crystal Palace onwards was actually half decent, we were looking good for top 4.

But then he started second guessing himself, he couldn't sort out the defence or get his 4-3-3 to work so he kept swapping with 3-4-3 to have 5 at the back to plug the holes, it worked most of the time and stabilized some results but then he never fully committed to it despite the better results, he kept trying to succeed with 4-3-3 even after the Utd battering etc.

The players were just confused.

Then came the 2nd season and it was just a mess from the off.

Torreria placed basically as CAM, Pepe frozen out, Ozil frozen out until Unai buckled in a panic due to results, made Xhaka captain when at the time most fans wanted him gone for his unreliable fk ups and basically being a liability, you don't make a liabilty your captain.

Then it was the 4 captains BS showing indecision, also allowing the players to vote on the captain rather than picking your own.

The 2nd season was a shambles.
I think it was the europa league run that killed it. It was like we stopped trying in the league cos we were so confident of winning it. Then we dropped off in the league meaning there was way too much pressure on us in the final and we bottled it!

We then went into the new season with the players no longer believing. It was right back to the doubts they had under Wenger.

Agree but I think there was a lot of luck in the first season as well in the PL. we didn’t deserve half the results we got and ironically played our best stuff in the competition we were so desperate to get out of.

The EL games were some of our best performances (Napoli, Valencia both legs, Rennes return game), people underestimated these teams and how big the results were. The same Napoli that couldn’t get a sniff against us, had the best team in Europe all over the show just 4 months later.

This season would have been very different if we had won the EL imo but eventually would’ve turned out as 4/5 wasted years with us still nowhere near the top and without a proper identity.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:26 pm

I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
Me neither lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Dejan wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
Me neither lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

You guys surely couldn't have missed the backhanded remarks? :shifty:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am

I'd have to get the context in which it was said, but on the face of it with what we can see written there, it looks fine.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Angelito wrote:You guys surely couldn't have missed the backhanded remarks? :shifty:

I see it. But he's right. We are still a mess. We care more about internal profit than winning things.

He f***ked up hard here at Arsenal but the problems are bigger than Emery here.

He should of been stronger last summer to get exactly who he needed, he was too passive, went into the season with a piss poor midfield and paid for it. But our club has been a joke for a very long time and the job here was too much for Emery to handle.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Rumours today he's wanted by AC Milan.

Ivan obviously still loves him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:12 am

elkanofan wrote:
Angelito wrote:You guys surely couldn't have missed the backhanded remarks? :shifty:

I see it. But he's right. We are still a mess. We care more about internal profit than winning things.

He f***ked up hard here at Arsenal but the problems are bigger than Emery here.

He should of been stronger last summer to get exactly who he needed, he was too passive, went into the season with a piss poor midfield and paid for it. But our club has been a joke for a very long time and the job here was too much for Emery to handle.

He doesn't have a say in who we sign. Pretty much came out and said Pepe was not his call, which makes sense seeing as how everybody knows we needed a CB.

Same with Arteta. You think with his knowledge of the PL his first choices were Pablo Mari and that guy from Soton? He'll be told to suck it up with our summer signings as well. At least we appear to have lucked out with Martinelli.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am

Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:20 pm

What a bitch
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:44 am

This is the guy people were pining their hopes onto? I called him out in August 2018. And got banned for it. Where’s my apology?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:00 pm

swipe right wrote:This is the guy people were pining their hopes onto? I called him out in August 2018. And got banned for it. Where’s my apology?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football