Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Is it fair to judge a kid on how he talks on tv for interviews? You're not one to hold back on the slang around here and cuss someone out in patois. I'm not going to assume you're a dunce because of it or look down on you.

Yes it is, because no business worth its salt will employ someone who will be deemed as an embarrassment to the company in meetings or that customers will think your running some back alley swindle shop.

Would you give your Debit card numbers to a guy who sounds like the guy who robbed you the other month?

Like I said before, it all comes down to money at the end of the day, you need to start realising that.

If it was profitable to have employees talk that way then they would be hiring them left, right and centre ........... how do you think Gangster rap survived even though the US Gov't were trying to ban it? NWA?

Why do you think Top Boy just got renewed for another season on Netflix?

Power n Glory wrote:Environment always plays a huge role and not everyone will make the right decision when there are few good choices and examples around. You may be the exception but not being the smartest living in a tough area compared to if you were bought up in a nice middle class area will make a huge difference to the hurdles you face. Most kids can get up to mischief in their teens but it's different for a kid that's from Peckham to a kid that came up in a nice area around Surrey. The kid from the worst area can't afford as many mistakes. Racism doesn't have to stop you from achieving your goals but there shouldn't be an issue with pointing it out. But this sounds more like a conversation about class, poverty and environment. Slightly different from racial profiling.

You need to accept that in life everyone is judged, what impression you choose to give to the world is up to you but you can't expect the world to see things your way.
If your walking down a dark alley and you see a black man with a hood up, puffer jacket and looking all street or you see the very same black guy walking down wearing a suit ............ which one would make a person feel safer around?

You see the guy in the suit, same guy and the impression immediately isn't "Oh my god that black guy is going to shank me" its more, wonder which business he works for .......... so you have to ask yourself, is it really about colour at all? but appearances and the way you present yourself.

As for HH talking street on the forum, again the face you wear during business hours does not mean you have to be that way in general.
I was working in an office when I was younger putting on my best customer facing voice while at the weekend I was drinking shots with my pals and bashing about wannabes down town on a night out ........... I didn't bring that to the office.

HH is probably in a similar way to me, at some point you just have to grow up and be a man, change if you have to, when you have a mortgage, the bank doesn't give a fk what colour you are, they just want that £££ every month, you have to realise people in business / public don't have no time for sob stories or sympathy, they want to see you have your sh*t together and your a responsible individual.
If you want to go to the bank to get a loan to start that new business you've planned ......... you go looking smart, no matter if your black, white or brown if your white and turn up to the bank in a hoodie and shorts asking them to give you £60k for a business venture ............ you better have one hell of a resume and proof of earnings / rich dad otherwise you may as well not turn up.

That's the one thing I give credit to the Nation of Islam for, they're from the revolution era of the 60's so obviously they are built on a platform of discussing / opposing racism ........... but they've always said from the start, yes there are racists out there, but their core message is, sort yourself out and get on with it, empower yourself don't look to others to do for you what you need to be doing for yourself.

So again, because HH speaks how he speaks on here...is he also a dunce? A job interview is one thing but we're talking about a TV interview. Also, regarding jobs, it depends on the job you're going for. If the guy interviewing you can speak in cockney and throw around the occasional swear sword word, there should be no grounds for discriminating against how someone else talks. Even in an office environment, not everyone speaks the Queen's English. From personal experience, I've got my work voice and how I speak with friends.

But either way, you're projecting your own thoughts. I try to look past the stereotypes and not look down on others that way. I wouldn't want to think like you and I've never needed to. The difference with the NOI is that they were trying to help and uplift their people. They also weren't trying to conform.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Its not what "I" think its what the general public think.

If you know about my background you know I'm no angel by a long shot, but at some point you have to grow up and handle your sh*t, most of all you have to realise everyone is judging everyone every day, you can't change peoples initial impressions, the only thing you can change is how they see you or treat you.

You can't stop people from being racist or hating you ............ but you can make them respect you, and that's all you need.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Its not what "I" think its what the general public think.

If you know about my background you know I'm no angel by a long shot, but at some point you have to grow up and handle your sh*t, most of all you have to realise everyone is judging everyone every day, you can't change peoples initial impressions, the only thing you can change is how they see you or treat you.

You can't stop people from being racist or hating you ............ but you can make them respect you, and that's all you need.

That's called conditioning. It's how this system works. We all learn how to maneuver through it one way or the other.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Power n Glory wrote:So again, because HH speaks how he speaks on here...is he also a dunce? A job interview is one thing but we're talking about a TV interview. Also, regarding jobs, it depends on the job you're going for. If the guy interviewing you can speak in cockney and throw around the occasional swear sword word, there should be no grounds for discriminating against how someone else talks. Even in an office environment, not everyone speaks the Queen's English. From personal experience, I've got my work voice and how I speak with friends.

But either way, you're projecting your own thoughts. I try to look past the stereotypes and not look down on others that way. I wouldn't want to think like you and I've never needed to. The difference with the NOI is that they were trying to help and uplift their people. They also weren't trying to conform.

But PNG, thats the way of the world, we stereotype, everyone does, we all generalise too, its impossible not to at times, you cannot have a conversation and include caveats for all scenarios and all things.

So, if I saw someone on TV talking like a div or sounding like an airhead, I automatically pigeonhole them. They might not actually be thick but, I don't know them so I can only go on the impression they give. If the person being interviewed for a job is going for a customer facing role "presentation" is very important. If its back-office work being a cockney wide-boy doesn't matter.

I try not to judge, stereotyping is NOT the same as judging. You have used the word "conditioning" but the way you have used it is like an accusation. Its not conditioning to understand how the system works and play it accordingly. Why don't you use your "friend voice" at work instead of your "work voice" ? Does it mean that YOU have been conditioned ? I suspect it is because you know how to play the system and you will do whatever you need to do to get the most out of the system that you can. In my opinion thats how most of us operate, we can all go off the rails at times and we certainly don't agree with what we sometimes have to do - to take a step forward, but we do what we have to do.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby dc16 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:44 pm

Did his job again today. Kept Zaha quiet for the majority of the game.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Scared of the ball rather than closing down and blocking that shot. Wonder what his mother has to say to Arteta?
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Imagine if we didn’t have him right now. Who would we be starting at right back? What lousy planning from Raul and Edu.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:03 am

swipe right wrote:Imagine if we didn’t have him right now. Who would we be starting at right back? What lousy planning from Raul and Edu.

Bellerin or Mustafi
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:39 am

LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:Imagine if we didn’t have him right now. Who would we be starting at right back? What lousy planning from Raul and Edu.

Bellerin or Mustafi

Mate Bellerin is injured that’s why AMN is starting. And if we play Mus at RB then there’s no one to partner luiz at CB as the other CBs are injured too. Depressing
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:48 am

swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Bellerin or Mustafi

Mate Bellerin is injured that’s why AMN is starting. And if we play Mus at RB then there’s no one to partner luiz at CB as the other CBs are injured too. Depressing

Bellerin is back training I suppose they wont want to rush him back
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 am

swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Bellerin or Mustafi

I' am 50 have a gammy hip, cyst in my knee the size of an orange waiting for surgery, inflamed Achilles on the other leg, I'm half blind so would need to play in glasses,
I am available, it would be an honour to play for Arsenal and I bet I would bet I would make a full 90mins,score may not be too good but hey what's the difference
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 am

swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Bellerin or Mustafi

Xhaka :)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 pm

LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Bellerin or Mustafi

Xhaka :)

Conte would have done that:

Leno
Sokratis - Xhaka - Luiz
Bellerín - Torreira - Ceballos - Kolasinac
Ozil
Lacazette - Aubameyang
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Don't think Conte would come with a team like that and I doubt he would play ozil in his current form
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 am

Serie A side AC Milan could move for Arsenal's 22-year-old English midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

I like AMN but this ould be too good an opportunity to miss out on
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football