Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:50 am

Godlop wrote:Auba's hold up play isn't good enough for a striker in the PL.

Just play Martinelli or Nketiah.

True except he was playing left wing, Laca was in the middle and he couldn't control a thing all night .... it was only when Auba started drifting infield that we even got a shot on target.

The problem is we don't have a hold up player in the squad ... plenty to pick up the knock downs and flicks but nobody to do that role
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:58 am

Zenith wrote: :grouphug:

He was desperate to win this so we at least had a reason to stay with us. You can tell he's so disappointed that this team that he does really enjoy playing for will not yield him any trophies once he does leave at the end of the season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:49 am

............. and there it is.

Add up the money, the opportunity to go to a better club and the fact that Champions League is at least 2-3 years away from happening at Arsenal.

He's gone come summer, no doubt at all, unless the club simply let him run down another 12 months and he walks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:03 am

For those of you advocating we sell him rather than let him run down his contract. Would you sell him to another premier league club if that’s the best offer?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:............. and there it is.

Add up the money, the opportunity to go to a better club and the fact that Champions League is at least 2-3 years away from happening at Arsenal.

He's gone come summer, no doubt at all, unless the club simply let him run down another 12 months and he walks.

What would you do DG ?
I can see merit in keeping him if he wants to leave and make him play out his contract
Alternatively I can see playing Eddie and martinelli having merit we then have an auba transfer fee to invest
Either way the bussiness should have already been done
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 am

Goodbye, sweet prince. :(
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:56 am

VCC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:............. and there it is.

What would you do DG ?
I can see merit in keeping him if he wants to leave and make him play out his contract
Alternatively I can see playing Eddie and martinelli having merit we then have an auba transfer fee to invest
Either way the bussiness should have already been done

This one is on the club, its their budget, their money.

I love Auba, just look at that goal he scored, that is WC but if he doesn't want to be here next year or AFC tells us when he runs down his contract that they can't afford another striker then that's the trade off.

So again, this is the clubs decision, they will know how it may harm their budget or how badly he is saying behind closed doors if he's willing to run down his contract or that he desperately wants out in summer, keeping a top player who wants out rarely ends well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:54 am

swipe right wrote:For those of you advocating we sell him rather than let him run down his contract. Would you sell him to another premier league club if that’s the best offer?

Who cares? if they don't buy Auba they buy someone else ... once we decide we want the money just take the best offer ... worrying about other EPL teams is pointless worry about Arsenal let others do what they want ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:00 am

I'm in favor of keeping Auba and letting him go for free.

When Henry left, Wenger was still in his prime. We had van Persie, Cesc, Rosicky, and Hleb. Abebayor stepped up. We had Eduardo who would have been an ace if not for the horror. We later bought Arshavin. All technical maestros.

After van Persie, we bought Cazorla, but more importantly, we still had Wenger and later added Ozil. Then came Alexis.

If we can do a similar thing, fine. But Arteta isn't Wenger and we're not getting Pep or Klopp. So yeah.

Guaranteed 11-17 Wenger would finish in the top-4 with this squad.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 am

I kind of dont understand the obsession with CL I acknowledge the monetary difference it brings, but ffs it's not a f***ing trophy getting their
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:08 am

Angelito wrote:I'm in favor of keeping Auba and letting him go for free.

When Henry left, Wenger was still in his prime. We had van Persie, Cesc, Rosicky, and Hleb. Abebayor stepped up. We had Eduardo who would have been an ace if not for the horror. We later bought Arshavin. All technical maestros.

After van Persie, we bought Cazorla, but more importantly, we still had Wenger and later added Ozil. Then came Alexis.

If we can do a similar thing, fine. But Arteta isn't Wenger and we're not getting Pep or Klopp. So yeah.

Guaranteed 11-17 Wenger would finish in the top-4 with this squad.

Wenger 17 couldn't even finish top four with his own squad ... we're still failing because of his contract aberrations ... why this revisionist nonsense again?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:22 am

Miss the days we’d crash out of Europe at the hands of Barca and Bayern.
Now it’s Olympiacos in the final 32.
Sad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:45 am

VCC wrote:I kind of dont understand the obsession with CL I acknowledge the monetary difference it brings, but ffs it's not a f***ing trophy getting their

Well ..................

- Being in the CL means you made top 4 or won the EL, both signals of a decent season

- CL brings in millions inflating our transfer kitty

- Players want to be in a CL team meaning you can attract better players

Its everything tbh, it means your one of the best teams domestically and your close to being the best in the league.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Watching AUBA Cry was like watching THANOS crying at Vomir...
They both knew...in that moment..
That they had to SACRIFICE...the thing that they LOVED ...
We love you 3000 Auba...we know what you have to do..to get the Career STONE.Thanks for the Memories!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ag6789 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:31 pm

He has been committed to the cause, given everything, so if he goes, no regrets. My best wishes to him.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club