The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Fury vs AJ would take place in Saudi, i swear hearn didn;t want AJ to fight in the states at first because of the fan base they built in the UK. I like hearn but he has been caught lieing a lot the last year. He says he is big against peds and wouldn't want to work with fighters lke that, signs BJS has browne, povetkin, ortiz etc. on his cards lol. The guy said yotube boxing was terrible for the sport then jumps on the bandwagon after he sees how much money he makes. Overall hearn has done good for boxing but he should just be honest from now.

Fury has already adamantly said no to Saudi .......... and in all fairness, how the fk does the biggest HW fight between two Brits not end up in Wembley is beyond me?

Surely it has to be Wembley?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am

Not sure if I'm staying up for it though.

I might just download it next day, by 3am I'll be half if not fully pissed and won't be able to absorb what I'm seeing so depends what time walk out is.

If its 2am I'll def watch it live, if its another 5am jobby forget it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Its always best to go to bed early, record these fights, wake up fresh, don't look at your phone or any news stuff and watch the fight fully awake. Means you can FF through all the endless pre fight bollox too.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Fury vs AJ would take place in Saudi, i swear hearn didn;t want AJ to fight in the states at first because of the fan base they built in the UK. I like hearn but he has been caught lieing a lot the last year. He says he is big against peds and wouldn't want to work with fighters lke that, signs BJS has browne, povetkin, ortiz etc. on his cards lol. The guy said yotube boxing was terrible for the sport then jumps on the bandwagon after he sees how much money he makes. Overall hearn has done good for boxing but he should just be honest from now.

Fury has already adamantly said no to Saudi .......... and in all fairness, how the fk does the biggest HW fight between two Brits not end up in Wembley is beyond me?

Saudis and Dazn will pay silly money though, its no different to ali foreman fighting in zaire of all places. I am suprised if fury said he wouldn't fight in saudi seeing as he just did the wrestling there hopefully he has because it would be sad if the biggest british fight of all time would be in saudi or us.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Saudis and Dazn will pay silly money though, its no different to ali foreman fighting in zaire of all places. I am suprised if fury said he wouldn't fight in saudi seeing as he just did the wrestling there hopefully he has because it would be sad if the biggest british fight of all time would be in saudi or us.

If that was the case though then why is AJ insisting on England against Pulev?

It is about money, but its not like they're not getting paid in England.

Sometimes its about having home advantage and less distractions, no point fighting for the top money only if it leads to you losing your titles because you feel like your on holiday.

AJ was hanging around on Miami beach and soaking up the rays, going on New York radio stations etc focusing on marketing and looked completely off against Ruiz.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Hopefully they do care about the fans abit, tbh i wouldn't blame any boxer for going where the money is, boxing is one of the hardest sports out there, all i think is they don't need to chat bullshit and to deny they want mney.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Jimmy thunder (peau) died yesterday 54

Former IBO WBO heavy weight champ 2 time Australian heavy weight champ, gold medal winner commonwealth games cruiserweight.
RIP
Fabulous guy fell on hard times when in America someone I had the pleasure to meet in my time associated with boxing he always had time for everyone.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:54 pm

VCC wrote:Jimmy thunder (peau) died yesterday 54

Former IBO WBO heavy weight champ 2 time Australian heavy weight champ, gold medal winner commonwealth games cruiserweight.
RIP
Fabulous guy fell on hard times when in America someone I had the pleasure to meet in my time associated with boxing he always had time for everyone.

Held at one time the record for the fastest knockout!.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 am

All of the judges for the Wilder / Fury rematch are American.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:09 am

Phil71 wrote:All of the judges for the Wilder / Fury rematch are American.

Last time the Brit scored it a draw while the American scored it a win for Fury.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 am

Jedi wrote:

Last time the Brit scored it a draw while the American scored it a win for Fury.

OK! :(

I guess corruption is a global thing anyway.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Well that's what Fury deserves for being a sell out.

While AJ was building a UK Empire and bringing boxing back to Britain, Fury is having his ass sold to the American Networks by that puke Frank Warren to the highest bidder.

Makes you wonder does Frank even care about his fighters? Hearn would be a lot more cautious, which is why Wilder and AJ fell apart, Wilder's camp wanted it all their own way and Hearn wasn't having it.

I recon Warren believes this retirement come back is just his opportunity to cash in while Fury still retains an interest.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

While AJ was building a UK Empire and bringing boxing back to Britain, Fury is having his ass sold to the American Networks by that puke Frank Warren to the highest bidder.

Makes you wonder does Frank even care about his fighters? Hearn would be a lot more cautious, which is why Wilder and AJ fell apart, Wilder's camp wanted it all their own way and Hearn wasn't having it.

I recon Warren believes this retirement come back is just his opportunity to cash in while Fury still retains an interest.

Money and ambition go hand in hand in boxing.

I don't blame Warren or Fury for going for the dollars.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Money and ambition go hand in hand in boxing.

I don't blame Warren or Fury for going for the dollars.

Absolutely but in the same token you can't get on there being only American judges when you've agreed to walk into the Lions den.

Yes everything should be fair, but in reality corruption in boxing is well documented, so its money vs your victory your playing with.

Up to them but lets not moan about judges in the same instance, they know what they signed up for.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

You're forgetting Top Rank and Bob Arum are also behind Fury. I don't expect judges to be an issue in this one.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing