Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:24 pm

yadunoe wrote:
SuperTurrek wrote:Look I love this guy, he scores goals which is what strikers should do.

But if we get alot of money AND we invest that where we are really poor (defense and midfield) then I'm all for it

Same 100 percent and also for laca aswell

Exactly.

Spurs sold Bale and used the money to become even better.

Liverpool sold Suarez AND Coutinho and look what they are doing with the money they reinvested.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He'll be gone by end of summer that's for sure.

Martinelli and Laca will be our future unless we buy someone else.

So Raul and Edu are as lousy at resigning players as Wenger? Should’ve kept Wenger.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 am

Barcelona are not expected to pursue a move for Arsenal's Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, during the current transfer window and will focus on Valencia's Spain forward Rodrigo Moreno, 28. (Sport)

However, Aubameyang may be targeted by Paris St-Germain as a replacement for Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani, 32. (Foot Mercato - in French)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:47 am

Sale to PSG in the summer would make sense if they can afford to pay for both Icardi and Auba.

Unlikely that he'll sign an extension so let's not repeat the Alexis mistake and sell while he can still command a good fee with 1 year left.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:03 am

theHotHead wrote:
yadunoe wrote:
SuperTurrek wrote:Look I love this guy, he scores goals which is what strikers should do.

But if we get alot of money AND we invest that where we are really poor (defense and midfield) then I'm all for it

Exactly.

Liverpool sold Suarez AND Coutinho and look what they are doing with the money they reinvested.

Spot on.
The very last thing we should do is allow Aubu to go into his last year without having igned a new contract,
He should have been sold THIS window, but that now loks unlikely.
Pepe, Lacazette and Auba should all be sold.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:18 pm

If PSG sign Icardi, they won't be getting Auba also imo, both are gonna cost crazy money.

If the Mbappe to Liver-poo rumours are true then its a possibility.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 pm

There is a reason whenever we sell our best players we get worse. What you say is close to impossible. Due to our status going downhill. We shop at a lower level. When barca/real and those guys finish their shopping and second level teams like chelsea/liverpool type are done. ?We are left to go for the rest with teams like valencia levels. This is why we will continue to go backwards. There is only one way out of this and its huge huge money signings.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:26 pm

theHotHead wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

Exactly.

Yes this might be true..

But do you trust our board enough to get the right players after selling auba and or Laca?

I certainly dont

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 pm

None of that matters, if he's not going to sign then we have no choice whether you want rid or not.

If the guy has no wishes to be part of our future plans then we need to start preparing for him to leave.

Now if we don't sell him and we get a fat £0 then we've just given the board all the excuse they need to not buy a replacement.

Luckily we still have Lacazette and Martinelli to play ST but depending on how much we want to rely on them we're going to need either a ST or a Winger for that left side if Mart goes up top.

Auba is going, we need to just crack on, we've lived through Henry, RVP and Sanchez going, tbf we got lucky with Auba as it was down to Sven but we have Martinelli now, better get that contract sewn up asap, kids going to be worth £80m in 2-3 years.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Nit sure how yet again we are in this position with our main goalscorer potentially leaving on a free and leaving us out of pocket as a result!!

I swear I saw somewhere that someone in the Arsenal heirarchy said that would not happen again, after it happened with Sanchez
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:Nit sure how yet again we are in this position with our main goalscorer potentially leaving on a free and leaving us out of pocket as a result!!

I swear I saw somewhere that someone in the Arsenal heirarchy said that would not happen again, after it happened with Sanchez

Well potentially they are still in that remit if they sell him in summer as he techincally has a year left.

But his words were "Don't let players get into their last year" so really they should of acted this January as if they have no takers or lowballers in summer then they're screwed.

.............. however, a £40m fire sale could easily be done in July, imagine putting Auba on the market for £40m lets say and seeing if we can get bidding wars going to fk over Barcelona and get it up to £45 - £50m.

Have to see what happens.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... no-longer/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 am

He’ll be sold in the summer for 40/50m. Selling him now caps off our season and we might as well not play anymore games.

Tbh I’m not against him running down his contract, his goals could be worth 40m if he had a good season anyway.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:21 am

The problem is to replace his goals will cost £80m+

I guess we are relying on the nous of those responsible for purchases to find the players for the budget we will have to replace his goals. Martinelli is a very good starting point, we need a couple more though.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:27 am

theHotHead wrote:The problem is to replace his goals will cost £80m+

I guess we are relying on the nous of those responsible for purchases to find the players for the budget we will have to replace his goals. Martinelli is a very good starting point, we need a couple more though.

Yup. Also easier said than done, but I'd prefer if we went in the direction of spreading the scoring out instead of being so reliant on one player. We've made a habit of that recently - RvP, Sanchez, Auba.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:19 am

LMAO wrote:https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24424&start=4230

You don't need to start a new topic for every thought.

I like the Christ the Redeemer thingamajig you have with Arteta's head super imposed, but if Pablo Mari turns out to be anything like as good as Martinelli is showing and even David Luiz's current upwards trajectory, that might need to get changed to Edu Gaspar, who'd technically be more apt anyway.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club