The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Source?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Santi wrote:Why do his wages bother you so much? Got told off by Brexit Phil for caring about the cost of sacking arteta if he doesn’t work out but people cry about ozils wages every single day.

His agent > Arsenal negotiators. Get over it.

It’s a human instinct. Part of our evolutionary nature as a species.
Fairness is what comes to us intuitively when looking at our surroundings.
Ozil defrauding £350,000 a week out of our struggling club hurts. He contributes next to nothing each season but is paid handsomely more than any other player in our club history. Paid exuberantly to do nothing apart from his personal propaganda on his social media.
We are used to a system where our best player is the highest paid. That player is our go to man the majority of the time when a bit of inspiration is needed.

But since Ozil moved here you lot have flipped the script. An exception has been created for just him where you his fanbase do the Hype job, constant praises and worship; (“He is our best player. He is a our only world class player. The best attacking midfielder in the world. He is being paid as a World class player that he is. He is the Best this and that....”)
With all that constant worship and massive wages, some of us keep hopping that Ozil pays back the club and you his base supporters with better consistent performances. He can hit 2 birds with one stone in that the club benefits from its massive investment in him, while on the other side he will be repaying you his fanbase for your loyalty towards him.

To me if Ozil was on about as much as Xhaka, Mustafi,

Seems like u fell asleep at the end of your post but, whilst I don’t disagree with the majority of your points (the dramatic quotes aside), you need to remember one thing...the club chose what to pay him. Ozil himself never openly said he’s worth 350k pw but the club were desperate after Sanchez said f**k off n Mesut hadn’t signed.

Now I don’t know the details and whether he thinks he’s worth it or not, but imagine you’re thinking of leaving your job and your boss offers you a giant salary, way over what you deserve, to stay. Are you going to turn it down?

It’s the Arsenal board you should be mad at for his wages, not Ozil. His performance on the pitch is what you should be bothered about, regardless of wage. Or do you expect less from players on less money? Cos I expect 100% from them all.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Santi wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Santi wrote:Why do his wages bother you so much? Got told off by Brexit Phil for caring about the cost of sacking arteta if he doesn’t work out but people cry about ozils wages every single day.

His agent > Arsenal negotiators. Get over it.

It’s a human instinct. Part of our evolutionary nature as a species.
Fairness is what comes to us intuitively when looking at our surroundings.
Ozil defrauding £350,000 a week out of our struggling club hurts. He contributes next to nothing each season but is paid handsomely more than any other player in our club history. Paid exuberantly to do nothing apart from his personal propaganda on his social media.
We are used to a system where our best player is the highest paid. That player is our go to man the majority of the time when a bit of inspiration is needed.

But since Ozil moved here you lot have flipped the script. An exception has been created for just him where you his fanbase do the Hype job, constant praises and worship; (“He is our best player. He is a our only world class player. The best attacking midfielder in the world. He is being paid as a World class player that he is. He is the Best this and that....”)
With all that constant worship and massive wages, some of us keep hopping that Ozil pays back the club and you his base supporters with better consistent performances. He can hit 2 birds with one stone in that the club benefits from its massive investment in him, while on the other side he will be repaying you his fanbase for your loyalty towards him.

To me if Ozil was on about as much as Xhaka, Mustafi,

Seems like u fell asleep at the end of your post but, whilst I don’t disagree with the majority of your points (the dramatic quotes aside), you need to remember one thing...the club chose what to pay him. Ozil himself never openly said he’s worth 350k pw but the club were desperate after Sanchez said f**k off n Mesut hadn’t signed.

Now I don’t know the details and whether he thinks he’s worth it or not, but imagine you’re thinking of leaving your job and your boss offers you a giant salary, way over what you deserve, to stay. Are you going to turn it down?

It’s the Arsenal board you should be mad at for his wages, not Ozil. His performance on the pitch is what you should be bothered about, regardless of wage. Or do you expect less from players on less money? Cos I expect 100% from them all.

Seems like a lot of fans think real life is a game of football manager. Transfers and wages correlated to impact.
Doesn;t work like that in real life.
Ozil is a player who does well at retaining posession, finding space, has vision and is can weight passes beautifully. He is not going to single handedly change us from being an everage mid table team to a top 4 team (nor will anyone else). If he doesn;t have a good team around him, he'll look tidy but not have a huge impact in every game. That's just the way it is - not worth £350k a week, but that is completely irrelevant - to all but those that think professional football is a computer game.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Yes, Mesut is what he is, at this stage. So we need a good CM, like Cazorla, to compensate Mesut's shortcomings. With a skilled CM behind him, he can find the passes to unlock tight defenses.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Dejan wrote:I have been very critic of ozil but tbh i dont think he was our biggest problem yesterday.

Pepe and laca were alot more frustrating. Pepe barely runs in behind the defenders. He just asks the ball in his feet, run a few meters, cuts inside and loses the ball

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

He should be played on the left so he is forced to stay wide and go around players with his strong foot instead of on the right cutting in
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 pm

ag6789 wrote:Yes, Mesut is what he is, at this stage. So we need a good CM, like Cazorla, to compensate Mesut's shortcomings. With a skilled CM behind him, he can find the passes to unlock tight defenses.

I just don't think peeps have put into perspective as with any sport there comes a time when you become past it, Ozil is past his best and unfortunately we have paid the king's ransom to a man with a very short skill set, it's not like he offers much than picking a pass and he is not doing that realistically any more.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 pm

I thought he made quite a few inroads in SU box. One of his better games. Created a couple of chances for Martinelli to finish.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:38 pm

I understand he's not worth the money, but it is a done deal. What's the point in repeating the same line like a broken record. He's here until '21, and we cannot snatch his money from him. So , do the best by using his skills and move forward.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm

ag6789 wrote:I understand he's not worth the money, but it is a done deal. What's the point in repeating the same line like a broken record. He's here until '21, and we cannot snatch his money from him. So , do the best by using his skills and move forward.

He no longer has those skills in a pressing midfeild any longer, he is at a point now that he can only play against second rate sides, all he seems to offer now is keeping the ball sideways or backwards.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:03 pm

And on and on and on it goes.....
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:28 pm

ag6789 wrote:And on and on and on it goes.....

Well I am keen to see what Arteta can get out of Cebellos
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:#1 pass accuracy in the team today
:)

Not hard since all he did effectively was pass sideways and backwards. The few times he took risks such as the two overhit passes to Gabby he failed, the first one really pissed me off since he really needed to just f***ing shoot.

#1 tackler in the team today - both attempted and successful tackles

Joint 1st with 5 players, nether tackle was significant and was dribbled past 3 times. in which he was outright number 1 in the easiest player for Sheffield united to play it past.

#3 on the team today taking players on and beating them

Joint 3rd you mean with Saka who was playing Left back mind you. AMN, Gabby and Pepe had 5+ and these 'dribbles' from Ozil where literally him winning a 50/50 on the halfway line or the failed tackle by the United defender before he screwed up the pass to Gabby.

#1 of our forward players today in terms of involvement/touches

Slowing us down passing sideways and backwards.

#1 in on the team today with deadball accuracy - 2 corners both found their mark.

Wow, breathtaking! Hold the front page!

#1 in the team today for Key Passes

You know this key pass stat includes simply the last pass before a player taking a shot like Torreria did just before the goal, which was a tame speculative effort since nobody was in space, he was 35 years out and had nothing on, that 'key pass' as per usual a sideways, safe pass.

This is just adding more fuel to my fire to why i cannot stand Ozil, hes clearly playing in a safe, pussy like manner so his stats appear amicable to justify selection to the spreadsheet guys but when you just watch him, he is an nothing, useless player who is at least totally out of excuses already for his crap. For now his presence here is stopping us from buying a replacement we desperately need.

The most important stat don't forget along with 0, yes ZERO shots today once again! I mean he's had 6 shots the entire season mind you.

13 matches in the league.

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

this is what 350K a week has given us this season

Just pointing out that statistically he was our best player today, yet he is apparently to blame for our draw and the sky is falling again.
It's interesting that when he was assisting for fun in his career, the Ozil haters told us all how meaningless the assist stats were.
Now, apparently, it's the one that counts :dontknow:

Face it, you wer upset with the result so you vented on your number 1 hate figure.
I would of said the same even if we held on and won 1-0

Statistically he wasn't the best player. Mustafi was followed by Xhaka according to who scored. But these stats really are done by people who love and know numbers and create an algorithmic score with no perception whatsoever on the effectiveness on the pitch itself.

Ozil had a high pass accuracy rate as mentioned. If you passing sideways & backwards all game so your pass accuracy is high and this within the algorithm helps to raise the overall value based on his position. You will receive a decent score.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shots which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

This is why unless the player scores or assists to add weight to the score these stats are highly misleading but yet serve as more evidence to why the game is so shit these days and how players like Ozil aswell as Lingaard at United get away with doing next to nothing for what they are paid. Their people around them know what they need to do at the bare minimum to now just please the spreadsheet people.
Even if your useless in your effectiveness when you see him play. The spreadsheet, data analysts may also see your shit on the pitch but have the nunbers to twist things if you know how to play the numbers game.

Even if your shit, don't worry, don't take risks, just pass sideways and backwards a lot so your 'pass accuracy' will boost your algorithmic score.
Last edited by elkanofan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Not hard since all he did effectively was pass sideways and backwards. The few times he took risks such as the two overhit passes to Gabby he failed, the first one really pissed me off since he really needed to just f***ing shoot.

Joint 1st with 5 players, nether tackle was significant and was dribbled past 3 times. in which he was outright number 1 in the easiest player for Sheffield united to play it past.

Joint 3rd you mean with Saka who was playing Left back mind you. AMN, Gabby and Pepe had 5+ and these 'dribbles' from Ozil where literally him winning a 50/50 on the halfway line or the failed tackle by the United defender before he screwed up the pass to Gabby.

#1 in on the team today with deadball accuracy - 2 corners both found their mark.

You know this key pass stat includes simply the last pass before a player taking a shot like Torreria did just before the goal, which was a tame speculative effort since nobody was in space, he was 35 years out and had nothing on, that 'key pass' as per usual a sideways, safe pass.

This is just adding more fuel to my fire to why i cannot stand Ozil, hes clearly playing in a safe, pussy like manner so his stats appear amicable to justify selection to the spreadsheet guys but when you just watch him, he is an nothing, useless player who is at least totally out of excuses already for his crap. For now his presence here is stopping us from buying a replacement we desperately need.

The most important stat don't forget along with 0, yes ZERO shots today once again! I mean he's had 6 shots the entire season mind you.

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

Just pointing out that statistically he was our best player today, yet he is apparently to blame for our draw and the sky is falling again.
It's interesting that when he was assisting for fun in his career, the Ozil haters told us all how meaningless the assist stats were.

Face it, you wer upset with the result so you vented on your number 1 hate figure.

Statistically he wasn't the best player. Mustafi was followed by Xhaka according to who scored. But these stats really are done by people who love and know numbers and create an algorithmic score with no perception whatsoever on the effectiveness on the pitch itself.

Ozil had a high pass accuracy rate as mentioned. If you passing sideways & backwards all game so your pass accuracy is high and this within the algorithm helps to raise the overall value based on his position. You will receive a decent score.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shits which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

This is why unless the player scores or assists to add weight to the score these stats are highly misleading but yet serve as more evidence to why the game is so shit these days and how players like Ozil aswell as Lingaard at United get away with doing next to nothing for what they are paid. Their people around them know what they need to do at the bare minimum to now just please the spreadsheet people.
Even if your useless in your effectiveness when you see him play. The spreadsheet, data analysts may also see your shit on the pitch but have the nunbers to twist things if you know how to play the numbers game.

Even if your shit, don't worry, don't take risks, just pass sideways and backwards a lot so your 'pass accuracy' will boost your algorithmic score.

Pretty much. Same goes for the key passes/chance creation stats. I honestly think we need to move Ozil out of that attacking position and play him deeper. If he can't play there then he should be benched. We need an extra goal threat on the pitch and someone that opponents are worried about when on the edge of the box. Try Guendouzi.Try Martinelli. Nelson used to play as a 10....we need something different in that position. We've seen enough of Ozil in that 10 role and he's never going to be consistent there.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shits which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

Pretty much. Same goes for the key passes/chance creation stats. I honestly think we need to move Ozil out of that attacking position and play him deeper. If he can't play there then he should be benched. We need an extra goal threat on the pitch and someone that opponents are worried about when on the edge of the box. Try Guendouzi.Try Martinelli. Nelson used to play as a 10....we need something different in that position. We've seen enough of Ozil in that 10 role and he's never going to be consistent there.
I just think he has too big an entourage to be dropped. His team around him will start to drill up negativity again as soon as it happens. Player power is out of control and sadly its happening to us.

Ramsey I'm convinced quit on a free because of him, Iwobi and Miki were sold so he could at least be backup with only Ceballos who isn't really a proper attacking mid anyway, he's an attacking center mid who does most of his work in deep areas. Some fans really annoy me when they fart on about us not playing as well without him, yet we sold every goddam attacking mid we had anyway so him and Ceballos are the only players we have who can play that role.

His refusal to leave is our 2nd biggest issue we have behind the boards permanent incompetence. We so badly need players and signings, but Ozil doesn't care about anyone and don't care about our club. He loves his lifestyle in London and doesn't wanna leave and accept he does not deserve this lifestyle anymore.

24 million pounds is set to be wasted on this guy for the next 18 months if we don't get rid of him. That along with another sale could be used to buy Ziyech, Harit or even just a good attack minded CM and we can play 433, giving our wingers more licence to stay up the pitch.

Finally, an article which shows the damming facts of how useless Ozil has been for 2 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rs-bumper/

I think it will get to a stage like you mentioned where we will just need to bring Guendouzi or Willock in and go 433.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

I just think he has too big an entourage to be dropped. His team around him will start to drill up negativity again as soon as it happens. Player power is out of control and sadly its happening to us.

Ramsey I'm convinced quit on a free because of him, Iwobi and Miki were sold so he could at least be backup with only Ceballos who isn't really a proper attacking mid anyway, he's an attacking center mid who does most of his work in deep areas. Some fans really annoy me when they fart on about us not playing as well without him, yet we sold every goddam attacking mid we had anyway so him and Ceballos are the only players we have who can play that role.

His refusal to leave is our 2nd biggest issue we have behind the boards permanent incompetence. We so badly need players and signings, but Ozil doesn't care about anyone and don't care about our club. He loves his lifestyle in London and doesn't wanna leave and accept he does not deserve this lifestyle anymore.

24 million pounds is set to be wasted on this guy for the next 18 months if we don't get rid of him. That along with another sale could be used to buy Ziyech, Harit or even just a good attack minded CM and we can play 433, giving our wingers more licence to stay up the pitch.

Finally, an article which shows the damming facts of how useless Ozil has been for 2 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rs-bumper/

I think it will get to a stage like you mentioned where we will just need to bring Guendouzi or Willock in and go 433.

I caught that article today as well. It's really bad and I can only hope he steps his game up or we find a way to move him on. This is money being flushed down the toilet and it's down to incompetence. Raul has also handled this one poorly.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club