Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Zenith wrote:

Already looks downbeat after 6 games in the job, looking like he's chewed off more than he can handle.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm

His 2nd tier makeshift LB Saka was the best player on the pitch today,
Give Arteta time his defence is going to look very different we are just going to have to weather the storm until summer
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm

It's far to early to judge, emery had a solid year, hard task though the squad is well of the pace.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:19 pm

I've just realised I've never heard him speak as an Arsenal manager. Didn't listen to crap he spewed when he joined or pre/post match interviews.

He truly has turned fans off.

I've read what he said. Said all the right things but on the pitch he's been a disaster.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:19 pm

VCC wrote:His 2nd tier makeshift LB Saka was the best player on the pitch today,
Give Arteta time his defence is going to look very different we are just going to have to weather the storm until summer

He's sticking with Xhaka, playing Mustafi and not giving Ceballos a chance, Guendouzi came on too late and Nketiah isn't going to win us any games right now, should have stuck with Lacazette.

Just nor impressed with this guys' decision making, if he also agreed for us to bring that 3rd choice CB from PSG have to question his judgment on that as well.

Always said he's not got time for me, we had 13 years of Wenger underperforming, followed by 18 months of Emery, I'm not going to keep giving a manager a free pass, he needed to hit the ground running, so far he's been poor IMO, I was never convinced before he arrived, if anything I'm even less convinced now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Ach wrote:I've just realised I've never heard him speak as an Arsenal manager. Didn't listen to crap he spewed when he joined or pre/post match interviews.

I've read what he said. Said all the right things but on the pitch he's been a disaster.

He talked a good game (something we're all familiar with as our players have talked a good game for a decade and then flopped on the pitch), sadly on the pitch execution has been very poor, seemed to be happy with today and just settled on blaming VAR it seems, you make your own luck, just look at Liverpool.

Some people bought into the hype, I didn't.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:22 pm

So you don’t want Mustafi playing today and you want David Luiz to play in midfield

Ozim out here wanting us to play a defensive pairing of 1 knee Rob Holding & Zech Medley

U thick
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Özim wrote:
VCC wrote:His 2nd tier makeshift LB Saka was the best player on the pitch today,

He's sticking with Xhaka, playing Mustafi and not giving Ceballos a chance, Guendouzi came on too late and Nketiah isn't going to win us any games right now, should have stuck with Lacazette.

Just nor impressed with this guys' decision making, if he also agreed for us to bring that 3rd choice CB from PSG have to question his judgment on that as well.

Always said he's not got time for me, we had 13 years of Wenger underperforming, followed by 18 months of Emery, I'm not going to keep giving a manager a free pass, he needed to hit the ground running, so far he's been poor IMO, I was never convinced before he arrived, if anything I'm even less convinced now.

Today we played the best performing defence in the league with our best striker in the stand, our own defence has capitulated to injury so that was at best makeshift,
Today had draw written all over it !!!
What I see that is possitive is we now compete and win 50/50 balls, the mindset on the pitch is evolving
Last edited by VCC on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Sims wrote:So you don’t want Mustafi playing today and you want David Luiz to play in midfield

Ozim out here wanting us to play a defensive pairing of 1 knee Rob Holding & Zech Medley

U thick

Obviously not today pal and you call me thick :lol:

Holding could have played instead of Mustafi.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Do people forget how bad emery was, seems like people expected us to get the wizard of oz in charge
Marsbar100

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:I've just realised I've never heard him speak as an Arsenal manager. Didn't listen to crap he spewed when he joined or pre/post match interviews.

He talked a good game (something we're all familiar with as our players have talked a good game for a decade and then flopped on the pitch), sadly on the pitch execution has been very poor, seemed to be happy with today and just settled on blaming VAR it seems, you make your own luck, just look at Liverpool.

It's just amazing how at the same time we need a manager, there is a man who's won multiple league titles and CLs and would love to come here but we don't go for him. A man every Arsenal fan would love to have and get behind. His name is Carlo Ancelotti. He'd have given the whole place a lift. Look at Everton ffs. Lost one game away to city where they'd played well. We get a damp squib of amanager who has won one game.

It's just baffling. Board have had a shocker.

Didn't pay attention to the ancelotti is past it brigade and Arteta brings the unknown factor. If you know something about football, you know Arteta would be a joke and alas that's what's happened unfortunately. As I said previously it's a tough enough job for an experience man. For a bag carrier? Practically impossible.

I think we'll get enough points to stay up this season and hopefully the board will right this terrible wrong in the summer and we can move on.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

VCC wrote:
Özim wrote:

Today we played the best performing defence in the league with our best striker in the stand, our own defence has capitulated to injury so that was at best makeshift,
Today had draw written all over it !!!
What I see that is possitive is we now compete and win 50/50 balls, the mindset on the pitch is evolving
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Only made 1 substitution today. my only real criticism along with leaving that nothing player on all game.

Have to mention this because it really shows hes a rookie and errors like this will happen time after time.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Do people forget how bad emery was, seems like people expected us to get the wizard of oz in charge

He was never Arteta level bad.

I don't understand the logic of sacking a manager and then bringing in someone worse when there are better managers available.

We went for the cheap option and it's showing.

Allegri is ready to come back to football in the summer. I didn't want him at first but he is arguably the biggest summer signing we can make.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Ach wrote:
Özim wrote:

It's just amazing how at the same time we need a manager, there is a man who's won multiple league titles and CLs and would love to come here but we don't go for him. A man every Arsenal fan would love to have and get behind. His name is Carlo Ancelotti. He'd have given the whole place a lift. Look at Everton ffs. Lost one game away to city where they'd played well. We get a damp squib of amanager who has won one game.

It's just baffling. Board have had a shocker.

Didn't pay attention to the ancelotti is past it brigade and Arteta brings the unknown factor. If you know something about football, you know Arteta would be a joke and alas that's what's happened unfortunately. As I said previously it's a tough enough job for an experience man. For a bag carrier? Practically impossible.

I think we'll get enough points to stay up this season and hopefully the board will right this terrible wrong in the summer and we can move on.

Wouldn't of had a problem with ancelotti but let's be real Silva left a far better squad than what emery did.
Marsbar100

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk