Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby themessiah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 am

lacks any defensive/physical attributes
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:09 am

swipe right wrote:Overrated massively. Can’t pass, can’t keep the ball, can’t head, has no creativity.

especially. The France call up also got to his head and he has been shit since
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:15 am

swipe right wrote:Overrated massively. Can’t pass, can’t keep the ball, can’t head, has no creativity.

You need to be more specific this applies to most of our squad, firstly under Wenger, then under Emery, now Arteta ... we have plenty of players who can do one thing well, but very few who can play multiple rolls ... some get a free pass (Ozil, Auba, Laca) others get slammed (Xhaka, Torreira, Bellerin) in the end they're nearly all just bang average ... you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, and we've got a whole squad full off ears.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:47 am

EliteKiller wrote:

You need to be more specific this applies to most of our squad, firstly under Wenger, then under Emery, now Arteta ... we have plenty of players who can do one thing well, but very few who can play multiple rolls ... some get a free pass (Ozil, Auba, Laca) others get slammed (Xhaka, Torreira, Bellerin) in the end they're nearly all just bang average ... you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, and we've got a whole squad full off ears.

Not true. Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, Wilshere were all better midfielders at his age. He literally has nothing more than enthusiasm.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:41 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Not true. Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, Wilshere were all better midfielders at his age. He literally has nothing more than enthusiasm.

and how many top flight games had Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, and Wilshere all played by his age? ... To claim they were all better is just your opinion for me Cesc certainly but Nasri, Wilshere and Ramsey were just lucky to be in a far better team ... but you have your opinion and that's fine.

IMO Guendouzi will have a better career than Ramsey and Wilshere I'm 99% certain ... sadly I doubt it will be with us.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:57 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

and how many top flight games had Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, and Wilshere all played by his age? ... To claim they were all better is just your opinion for me Cesc certainly but Nasri, Wilshere and Ramsey were just lucky to be in a far better team ... but you have your opinion and that's fine.

IMO Guendouzi will have a better career than Ramsey and Wilshere I'm 99% certain ... sadly I doubt it will be with us.

Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby did not fulfill their promise because of fitness issues, not technical limitations. I hope G does amazingly well. My concern is he is developing poorly. Despite being an automatic starter for the past 18 months his game doesn’t look better. He can’t pick out runners, keep the ball or make late runs successfully. His reading of the game and timing is poor. Hope Arteta can help him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:04 am

I think Arsenal should market hair products we could use dousi and luiz for advertising, we could buy a new players with the profits.

Or they could play the role of thing 1 and thing 2 in a Dr Suess play
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:49 am

VCC wrote:I think Arsenal should market hair products we could use dousi and luiz for advertising, we could buy a new players with the profits.

Or they could play the role of thing 1 and thing 2 in a Dr Suess play

Sounds like a plan. :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:36 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Swipe Right is right, Ramsey, Cesc and Wilshere were better than Guendouzi at his age, I don't remember a 19 year old Nasri so can't comment.

Guendouzi will improve, he is better than Willock, Nelson and ESR, he has been thrown in at the deep end and not disappeared. I think his tekkers are ok on the feet, not fussed about his heading ability, it will improve when he gets more strength - he will have less fear.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:14 am

Guendouzi was very, very lucky not to concede a penalty and get a red card in the first half. The way he is (not) developing isn't encouraging at all.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Games played by guendouzi's age
195 fabregas
116 nasri
112 Ramsey
83 wilshere
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Rastayouth » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Something about this guy annoys me. He put in a shift today and he carries the ball well but man does he dwell on a pass. So many simple forward passes missed due to that extra touch or twirl which ends up with a back pass.
Hopefully is something that can be coached out of him as he does have talent.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 am

When I used to play football, the thing that stood out every level up I went was the speed of thought of the players in the higher leagues, technique too but there wasn't such a big gap there.

Speed of thought is what lets Guendo down, I am a big fan of his but he doesn't see things quickly enough
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:52 am

Over critical with this guy and too focused on what he didn't do rather than what he did and his effect on the game. He was one of our best players. We looked comfortable in possession for long period because of his energy and movement. I like the way he takes on responsibility to collect the ball and keeps it moving quickly. That was one of his better games.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 am

Power n Glory wrote:Over critical with this guy and too focused on what he didn't do rather than what he did and his effect on the game. He was one of our best players. We looked comfortable in possession for long period because of his energy and movement. I like the way he takes on responsibility to collect the ball and keeps it moving quickly. That was one of his better games.

agreed we can be overly critical of the lad, but my only concern is when we play better opposition. he does tend to linger on the ball, and against better quality....they'll punish him.

I love his composure and his willingness to create better opportunities to play the ball forward. would like him to be more efficient to he doesn't rely on the referee blowing his whistle every time he falls.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football