The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:35 pm

LMAO wrote:Well...he ain't going to the CSL.

Lol.

Does a day go by without Ozil being divisive.

Just wait for tomorrow...
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Hopefully it will cause every militant Islamist to head off to China on a Jihad.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Sorry that I put Arsenal football club above the wishes of a lazy egotistical player ... thought that was all part of being a fan. Guess being politically correct is now more important than being a supporter, not surprising the atmosphere is shit, loyalty is minimal, and the c**** on AFTV now represent the state of our club ...

I don't give a f**k what happens in China, Turkey or Timbuktu when it comes to supporting my football club nothing else matters - call me an insensitive bias rose-tinted glasses Arsenal fanatic if you want - I'm very proud of that, was a time when 30,000 at Highbury would be with me, guess not anymore.

Ozil has every right to his opinion, but if soothing his ego hurts my club he can f**k off and die ... clear enough?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Manoban » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Oh dear
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gamechannel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:56 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Sorry that I put Arsenal football club above the wishes of a lazy egotistical player ... thought that was all part of being a fan. Guess being politically correct is now more important than being a supporter, not surprising the atmosphere is shit, loyalty is minimal, and the c*** on AFTV now represent the state of our club ...

I don't give a f**k what happens in China, Turkey or Timbuktu when it comes to supporting my football club nothing else matters - call me an insensitive bias rose-tinted glasses Arsenal fanatic if you want - I'm very proud of that, was a time when 30,000 at Highbury would be with me, guess not anymore.

Ozil has every right to his opinion, but if soothing his ego hurts my club he can f**k off and die ... clear enough?

How does Ozil's personal opinion hurt your fandom towards Arsenal? How does his personal opinion about a certain humanitarian or political issue hurt Arsenal's existence as a football club?

Do you seriously think that Arsenal will cease to exist if we suddenly lose Chinese fans? Are you saying your fandom is directly correlated to the size of Arsenal's bank balance? Arsenal existed before we started selling shirts in China and will continue to exist even if Chinese ceases to exist. So don't worry, your ability to cheer for Arsenal is not going anywhere regardless of what Ozil or any other player decides to say about political issues on their own, personal social media platform.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:27 am

Maybe Ozil knows he's been dropped for tomorrows game and he's using this controversial political statement on twitter as an excuse?

Maybe the club have told him he's no longer needed at the club but to keep his ego and reputation intact longer he's using this as an excuse to why the club sell him in January so the club who buy him pay him again much more than he deserves because he's the most overrated player for the last 3 years in World football?

We all know the club cares about profit first over performance and how quickly they rushed to appease their Chinese sponsors strikes me as there is more to this than Ozil loves his mulism brothers so dearly. Ozil never has been and never ever will be a leader of men.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:47 am

gamechannel wrote:How does Ozil's personal opinion hurt your fandom towards Arsenal? How does his personal opinion about a certain humanitarian or political issue hurt Arsenal's existence as a football club?

Do you seriously think that Arsenal will cease to exist if we suddenly lose Chinese fans? Are you saying your fandom is directly correlated to the size of Arsenal's bank balance? Arsenal existed before we started selling shirts in China and will continue to exist even if Chinese ceases to exist. So don't worry, your ability to cheer for Arsenal is not going anywhere regardless of what Ozil or any other player decides to say about political issues on their own, personal social media platform.

You answer your own question - if Arsenal become persona-non-grata in the fastest growing football market in the world - then Arsenal will drop like a stone in the EPL - football is all about money if you don't get that you're living on another planet.

Selling shirts? are you still in the 1980's? You silly boy it has feck all to do with selling shirts, we live in a different age where sponsorship accounts for 100's of times more revenue than selling a few feckin' shirts ... the biggest sponsors now come from Asia, you saying that Arsenal don't need them? do try and keep up.

The Houston Rockets lost over 25m after Daryl Morey made his political tweet - so this is not guesswork

If you don't think what Ozil says matters why did the club put out an instant press statement absolving us from any association with his personal opinions? Hopefully the quick response from the club will have minimised the damage. Try living in the real world of internet influence and government oversight, it's 2019 we are no longer living in the dark ages.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 am

EliteKiller wrote:
aniym wrote:Fully support Ozil's right to free speech, not to mention using his platform to shed light on injustices the world ignores. That said, with him being Erdogan's pal, he might not have such charitable comments on the Armenian genocide. But he's human, and nobody's political opinions are 20/20.

Hilarious that the club rushes to placate Chinese business interests faster than they do to stem the rot at the club.

Wonder when they'll start selling half-and-half Arsenal-Spurs scarves at the gift shop to cater to the tourists.

So it's hilarious that our club tries to protect our interests in the biggest TV market in the world? why not just wind up the club build houses on the land and give all the proceeds to charity? clearly you're no longer interested in running a competitive professional business ....

Having the tail wag the dog is not how you run a business - not if you want to remain competitive - it's what's been happening at our club for years and why we're going rapidly backwards.

Ozil is entitled to hold any political opinion he wants, but when that opinion could do serious financial damage to his employers then best he shuts the f**k up, or at the very least he gives the club a heads up first.

EK you have gone full r***rd on this one buddy. Sorry to say that but you have. I suspect you have dug your heels in so far with your comments that you can't back out now. Shame cos, you are only making yourself sound totally ridiculous.

f**k the Chinese market, f**k Chinese money. People can't see what China are doing the world over. Investing in everyone and everything allows them to do what they want to whoever they want and because of the potential financial gain people turn a blind eye to what China are doing. Their laws regarding tech are a f***ing joke to foreign firms operating out there. Have you heard what they are doing in the Caribbean? Massive civil Infrastructure projects and shipping over hundreds/thousands of Chinese workers rather than employing locals. Have you heard what they are doing in Africa? Massive infrastructure projects that get the countries into debt traps and enable them to take the natural resources the countries have.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

EliteKiller wrote:
gamechannel wrote:How does Ozil's personal opinion hurt your fandom towards Arsenal? How does his personal opinion about a certain humanitarian or political issue hurt Arsenal's existence as a football club?

You answer your own question - if Arsenal become persona-non-grata in the fastest growing football market in the world - then Arsenal will drop like a stone in the EPL - football is all about money if you don't get that you're living on another planet.

Selling shirts? are you still in the 1980's? You silly boy it has feck all to do with selling shirts, we live in a different age where sponsorship accounts for 100's of times more revenue than selling a few feckin' shirts ... the biggest sponsors now come from Asia, you saying that Arsenal don't need them? do try and keep up.

The Houston Rockets lost over 25m after Daryl Morey made his political tweet - so this is not guesswork

If you don't think what Ozil says matters why did the club put out an instant press statement absolving us from any association with his personal opinions? Hopefully the quick response from the club will have minimised the damage. Try living in the real world of internet influence and government oversight, it's 2019 we are no longer living in the dark ages.

They shouldn't have sold their soul to the devil then should they (NBA)
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 am

EliteKiller wrote:Sorry that I put Arsenal football club above the wishes of a lazy egotistical player ... thought that was all part of being a fan. Guess being politically correct is now more important than being a supporter, not surprising the atmosphere is shit, loyalty is minimal, and the c*** on AFTV now represent the state of our club ...

"I support Arsenal over the Holocaust. Fvck the Jews, Slavs, Romanis, political dissidents, etc. actually being murdered because I care more about the club not losing a dime over upset Nazi fee fees than actual human lives."
-EK circa mid-1944
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:08 am

So all of you rank hypocrites spend more time defending "the Holocaust. Fvck the Jews, Slavs, Romanis, political dissidents" than you do supporting Arsenal ... well good on you, better men than me.

Frankly I suspect you're all full of shit and give minimal if any time or money to any of those things ... I suspect the nearest you've come to supporting anything other than Arsenal is making a few meaningless posts on a football website, but hey fair play to you if you genuinely go out there and do make a difference, my hat is off to you.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 am

theHotHead wrote:EK you have gone full r***rd on this one buddy. Sorry to say that but you have. I suspect you have dug your heels in so far with your comments that you can't back out now. Shame cos, you are only making yourself sound totally ridiculous.

f**k the Chinese market, f**k Chinese money. People can't see what China are doing the world over. Investing in everyone and everything allows them to do what they want to whoever they want and because of the potential financial gain people turn a blind eye to what China are doing. Their laws regarding tech are a f***ing joke to foreign firms operating out there. Have you heard what they are doing in the Caribbean? Massive civil Infrastructure projects and shipping over hundreds/thousands of Chinese workers rather than employing locals. Have you heard what they are doing in Africa? Massive infrastructure projects that get the countries into debt traps and enable them to take the natural resources the countries have.

Lol yeah did go a bit ott - partly because for me Ozil epitomises everything we've done wrong as a club for a decade - and partly because hypocrisy and political correctness really piss me off ...

I agree 95% with what Ozil has to say, I just disagree 100% with the way he's disrespected the club and gone about saying it .... seems that was to fine a line for people to grasp.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 am

The club bent over backwards at the beginning of the season to do as much as they could for him when matters in his private life meant he was unavailable to earn his enormous salary - and now he decides to deliberately introduce another matter from his private life that will without doubt cause more problems for the club.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 am

Phil71 wrote:The club bent over backwards at the beginning of the season to do as much as they could for him when matters in his private life meant he was unavailable to earn his enormous salary - and now he decides to deliberately introduce another matter from his private life that will without doubt cause more problems for the club.

Sooner he is gone the better, he has his own agenda and the club has no part of that.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 am

LMAO wrote:

"I support Arsenal over the Holocaust. Fvck the Jews, Slavs, Romanis, political dissidents, etc. actually being murdered because I care more about the club not losing a dime over upset Nazi fee fees than actual human lives."
-EK circa mid-1944

In addition to this, the agenda and lack of humanity is this thread is damning.

There's a halocaust going on in China. Ozil dared to comment. The club wouldn't dare for commercial reasons. Yet, here, people are berating him for bringing to light crimes against humanity.

Way to go, Gooners. Your parents must be proud of you.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club