The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby gamechannel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:37 am

theHotHead wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
gamechannel wrote:Elko fighting the good fight. Emery must be proud!

gamechannel wrote:Haha. How's your manlove Emery doing at home this ebening?

gamechannel wrote:
elkanofan wrote:WHO THE f**k ARE YOU MOANING AT YOU GOOGLE EYED FOOL

LOOK PON YURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. How's your manlove Emery doing at home this ebening?

gamechannel wrote:
Angelito wrote:MOTM imbo.

GTFO with that sensible nonsense. Don't you know, the Prophet that is Elkopubber thinks Ozil was the worst player on the pitch and on the bench?

This is my first reply to you since October. Why, wel like Nejch explained to you in the match thread here:

Nejch wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Santi wrote:
elkanofan wrote:West Ham got excited and have given us loads of space to easily score these goals.

They deserve to be relegated with this second half, although i think they might aswell just sack Pellegrini, very poor setup from him, those center backs aren't good and don't work together very well.

Pepe has been our best player and scored and assisted two quality goals, will help build some confidence but this West ham team is like a West London version of us.

They’re from the east...

:rofll:

Elkopubber got found out. And claimed to have lived in London a long time. What a tool.

Jesus Christ how loathsome can you be.
Hope one day you can find some peace and stop with uncalled for attacks vs strangers on the internet.

You live in hate. You don't discuss things with people. I'm blunt, this is incel like behavior man.

I'm a guy on a forum for the team I watched in every home Europa League last year, bar two matches, along with about 5 leagues or so. Yet you have turned me into an enemy other nothing!. I don't even want to know how you react to someone who genuinely doesn't like you.

Maybe you just need to breathe or something before you get so worked up.

I missed you making a a total plank out of yourself - Again :rofll:

Thanks for posting the conversation history, gives the context. No amount of essay writing can change the fact that as I have said to you numerous times - you are a muppet.

Naah man. He's right. We are just filled with hate. Elkopubber is the sane one out here. He must be. He got essays!
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:13 am

gamechannel wrote:The same real world where genocides are happening... Got it. Arsenal fans want their athletes to just have a social media influence when it comes to posting photos and videos showing their cars, their gf's/wives, their dogs, posting fake messages of encouragement before games etc. Basically just be Muppets without any feelings.

As much as social media has given ppl voices, it's also given rise to easily triggered ppl like you who take offense to everything and anything these ppl say or do on their social media platforms.

Hate Ozil the player all you want. He deserves the hate for not living up to the high wages he gets. But hating Ozil cuz he has personal views about injustice, that's just plain stupid.

In the real world jumped up little egotists should respect their bosses and their fellow employees, they should follow rules that they are contracted to abide by for the good of everyone at the club, not act like spoilt jumped up little toerags, just like Ozil - but hey we live in a world of "do what you want and f**k the consequences for everyone else" social media makes everyone an egotistical self-serving c***. It's frankly a damning indictment of the shallow thinking that pervades society that anyone can think this behaviour is OK ...

again - nothing wrong with what he has to say - if he'd got the OK from the club that would have been laudable - but he's just wrong to say it whilst under a 350k a week contract to keep his mouth shut.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:02 am

gamechannel wrote:Nothing wrong with voicing ones opinion. Players are human beings. If he has opinions about violation of human rights, more power to him. I hope other high profile athletes follow suit. Violations of human rights could use more global awareness through high profile people making a case for it.

And don't give me this "as an employee of a public company Ozil should toe the company line and keep his mouth shut" BS. Everyone and their grandmother gets their panties in a twist (rightly so) whenever black players get racially abused during games or when even the slightest hints of anti-semitism is noticed in a public platform but the same ppl stay quiet when other traversities happen to other non-sexy (and dare I say needlessly marginalized) groups like Muslims.

Good on Ozil for being tough - for once in his life. Now if he can channel the same toughness on the pitch this weekend and not be his usual pussy self.

Standard, Ozil haters will use any stick they can to beat him with. They draw the "company employee" line on this one, it will be some other bullshit next.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 am

VCC wrote:
Angelito wrote:
VCC wrote:
Rockape wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mesut-ozil-arsenal-next-club-premier-league-perfect-player-managers-given-up-a9245036.html

Having never seen Ozil at Madrid I have only known him as mediocre with a hint of a pass who is going to wet himself with fear before he shoots. Amazes me that AW had these doubts but put him on the astronomical money he now gets,
Can only judge on what I have seen his agent however could sell icecream to Eskimos

Having never seen Henry at Arsenal, I have only known him as Messi and Eto'o's sidekick at Barca..

Wait.

That's how ridiculous the statement sounds.

Regardless, Ozil has a record of second fastest to 50 assists in Premier League history. Second behind KdB and prior to KdB, he was the fastest to 50 in Prem history. Unlike KdB, Ozil didn't play for a star studded team in the Prem.

You don't achieve such a feat by being mediocre.

Ozil has 46 assists in Europe in 8,500 mins. For comparison's sake, KdB has 18 in 4,300 mins. Arsenal's darling, Cesc, has 27 in 9,300 mins.

In all competitions and since these stats were recorded, Ozil is only behind Messi as far as assists go in the all-time list.

Today, he's a different player to what he was. He's no longer peak Ozil. He shies away from shooting for reasons I don't understand. But he's no less effective in a different role, different style.

Ozil has long been a scapegoat. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been phenomenal for us. Ozil didn't join us during peak Wengerball and choked at crucial times. But since he's joined, he's achieved at Arsenal and has been a brilliant player for us.

He's still our best passer, our best midfielder, and technically as good a player as we've ever had.

The arguement of technical and first to 50 assists is also mute
The 50 assists is since records for assists has been taken, so the all time should be put in that context
And the technically is mute in the fact that football has changed in this era he is technically good ON THE BALL, off the ball he is a passenger ,I would argue imo Bergkamp Henry Brady were all technically better than Ozil
Brady was brilliant on the ball could pick a pass, beat a player and score goals, he would also tackle
Bergkamp and Henry both were more rounded players than Ozil

The assists stat goes back to the start of the Premier League and we have had some freekin brilliant players here in that time. So for Ozil to have led it, he must've been pretty special during his time at Arsenal - in a team and a time that most will admit has been a quite poor Arsenal team in the Premier League era.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:29 am

EliteKiller wrote:
“Regarding the comments made by Mesut Özil on social media, Arsenal must make a clear statement,” it read. “The content published is Özil’s personal opinion. As a football club, Arsenal has always adhered to the principle of not involving itself in politics.”

But yeah, never involved in politics. f**k off with that bullshit, cowardice, and gaslighting. Absolutely embarrassing statement from the club.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby gamechannel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:43 am

EliteKiller wrote:
gamechannel wrote:The same real world where genocides are happening... Got it. Arsenal fans want their athletes to just have a social media influence when it comes to posting photos and videos showing their cars, their gf's/wives, their dogs, posting fake messages of encouragement before games etc. Basically just be Muppets without any feelings.

As much as social media has given ppl voices, it's also given rise to easily triggered ppl like you who take offense to everything and anything these ppl say or do on their social media platforms.

Hate Ozil the player all you want. He deserves the hate for not living up to the high wages he gets. But hating Ozil cuz he has personal views about injustice, that's just plain stupid.

In the real world jumped up little egotists should respect their bosses and their fellow employees, they should follow rules that they are contracted to abide by for the good of everyone at the club, not act like spoilt jumped up little toerags, just like Ozil - but hey we live in a world of "do what you want and f**k the consequences for everyone else" social media makes everyone an egotistical self-serving c***. It's frankly a damning indictment of the shallow thinking that pervades society that anyone can think this behaviour is OK ...

again - nothing wrong with what he has to say - if he'd got the OK from the club that would have been laudable - but he's just wrong to say it whilst under a 350k a week contract to keep his mouth shut.

Ironic that you bash Ozil's right of free speech on social media on an online social platform that is this forum. What does that make you?

And for clarity, he is NOT contracted to not have an opinion. Just cuz he's paid shit loads of money, doesn't mean he stops having a conscience about things he gets bothered by.

I guarantee if 9/11 had happened recently and not in 2001 and had Ozil tweeted condemning Bin Laden/Muslim Terrorists and/or Al Qaeda, the club would have retweeted his tweet with pride and applause. Because in that case, aligning with his political views would serve the club's agenda of keeping American and Western fans in general happy cuz they don't really care for losing a few fans in some Muslim countries since the gravy train just doesn't arrive from that part of the world. But since Ozil is tweeting something that may piss off the mighty Chinese, the club came running with it's tail between it's legs because them Chinese registers would stop cha-chinging. f***ing cowards our club.

Ozil or any athlete in the world (or any employee for that matter) is not owned by their employers. You probably think slavery was OK as well cuz "errr.. they were kept alive by their masters to do shit they wanted them to do... So they should really be thankful that at least they're not dead like the rest of them Blacks"... Right?
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 am

gamechannel wrote:Ozil or any athlete in the world (or any employee for that matter) is not owned by their employers. You probably think slavery was OK as well cuz "errr.. they were kept alive by their masters to do shit they wanted them to do... So they should really be thankful that at least they're not dead like the rest of them Blacks"... Right?

When some sad gobshite on the internet compares being a 350k a week footballer with slavery? You just know the world's gone feckin' mad ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:15 am

EliteKiller wrote:Guys becoming a real liability - he is employed and paid by Arsenal football club, we have a policy of never commenting on politics or non-football issues - whilst Ozil is perfectly entitled to hold personal views, like all of us he has to abide by the policies of the company that pays his wages - NO COMMENT

His latest media foray risks severely damaging Arsenal's substantial China interests, we've been quick to distance ourselves from his comments but the damage may already have been done.

“Regarding the comments made by Mesut Özil on social media, Arsenal must make a clear statement,” it read. “The content published is Özil’s personal opinion. As a football club, Arsenal has always adhered to the principle of not involving itself in politics.”

Not at all criticising his views, just his lack of intelligence in voicing them so publicly, he has to go but I guess the CSL won't want him, nor will the MLS or any club in Europe with China contacts, in fact Turkey is probably about all that's left.

Personally, I actually appreciate him on this just as I appreciated Daryl Morey of the Houston Rockets coming out and voicing support for Hong Kong.

This is beyond politics.

This is about persecution.

When you have people being put in concentration camps and being ethnically cleansed, it is not simply "politics" sorry
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Manoban » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Imagine thinking that bringing attention to ethnical cleansing is a political opinion

Hope Arsenal and the FA back him instead of bending the knee for Chinese money... Oh, who am I kidding
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Fully support Ozil's right to free speech, not to mention using his platform to shed light on injustices the world ignores. That said, with him being Erdogan's pal, he might not have such charitable comments on the Armenian genocide. But he's human, and nobody's political opinions are 20/20.

Hilarious that the club rushes to placate Chinese business interests faster than they do to stem the rot at the club.

Wonder when they'll start selling half-and-half Arsenal-Spurs scarves at the gift shop to cater to the tourists.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:34 pm

What about Turkey's ethnic cleansing of Kurds?

Can we expect a statement from Ozil any time soon?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:41 pm

aniym wrote:Fully support Ozil's right to free speech, not to mention using his platform to shed light on injustices the world ignores. That said, with him being Erdogan's pal, he might not have such charitable comments on the Armenian genocide. But he's human, and nobody's political opinions are 20/20.

Hilarious that the club rushes to placate Chinese business interests faster than they do to stem the rot at the club.

Wonder when they'll start selling half-and-half Arsenal-Spurs scarves at the gift shop to cater to the tourists.

So it's hilarious that our club tries to protect our interests in the biggest TV market in the world? why not just wind up the club build houses on the land and give all the proceeds to charity? clearly you're no longer interested in running a competitive professional business ....

Having the tail wag the dog is not how you run a business - not if you want to remain competitive - it's what's been happening at our club for years and why we're going rapidly backwards.

Ozil is entitled to hold any political opinion he wants, but when that opinion could do serious financial damage to his employers then best he shuts the f**k up, or at the very least he gives the club a heads up first.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Yeah let’s ignore mass persecution because it might cost us a few quid, the real Arsenal values right there.

This club is a joke
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:39 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
gamechannel wrote:Ozil or any athlete in the world (or any employee for that matter) is not owned by their employers. You probably think slavery was OK as well cuz "errr.. they were kept alive by their masters to do shit they wanted them to do... So they should really be thankful that at least they're not dead like the rest of them Blacks"... Right?

When some sad gobshite on the internet compares being a 350k a week footballer with slavery? You just know the world's gone feckin' mad ....

You clearly are a corporate tool who probably believes robots should replace human jobs eventually.

I did not compare being a 350k footballer to slavery. I said no matter how much you make or not make, no one's right to free speech (not hate speech) and freedom should be taken away whether they are a slave or a 350k footballer.

The club should have stayed silent if they couldn't say the right thing. Just like they stayed silent during Hector Bellerin's tweet about Boris Johnson.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
aniym wrote:Fully support Ozil's right to free speech, not to mention using his platform to shed light on injustices the world ignores. That said, with him being Erdogan's pal, he might not have such charitable comments on the Armenian genocide. But he's human, and nobody's political opinions are 20/20.

So it's hilarious that our club tries to protect our interests in the biggest TV market in the world? why not just wind up the club build houses on the land and give all the proceeds to charity? clearly you're no longer interested in running a competitive professional business ....

Having the tail wag the dog is not how you run a business - not if you want to remain competitive - it's what's been happening at our club for years and why we're going rapidly backwards.

Ozil is entitled to hold any political opinion he wants, but when that opinion could do serious financial damage to his employers then best he shuts the f**k up, or at the very least he gives the club a heads up first.

Our slide into football irrelevance and moronic transfers have done much more financial damage to the club than Ozil's comments.. The Chinese market is already highly protectionist and favours the Chinese Super League over foreign games anyway. That's why you'll see huge Liverpool or Utd fanbases in tiny countries like Singapore and Malaysia, and very little in China. That's not going to change. The CCP is autarkic to the extreme, they're looking to build domestic versions of everything, which is their right.

Players should speak their mind. This isn't the NFL where a bunch of pussy owners freeze out Kaepernick because he triggers their Confederate market segments. This also isn't the Serie A where coaches, executives and players pretend they didn't hear racist chants, so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of the ultras.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club