Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:18 am

BS221B wrote:Good to see that DG has finally accepted the Arsenal way of playing aka possession based, flowing attacking football. We cant do with pragmatics like Emery or Allegri.

Ten Hag would be great if Poch goes to Bayern. I dont see anyone else getting him. It would be also great if Sarri gets sacked by Juve at end of the season, he is destined to do great at Arsenal.

Would take Allegri's pragmatics over Rodgers or Nuno any day of the week. Can't hire another mid-table manager, or a manager who failed in the only big job of his career.

That said, Pochettino is the ideal candidate. ten Hag is Barca-bound, I feel.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:23 am

Angelito wrote:
BS221B wrote:Good to see that DG has finally accepted the Arsenal way of playing aka possession based, flowing attacking football. We cant do with pragmatics like Emery or Allegri.

Ten Hag would be great if Poch goes to Bayern. I dont see anyone else getting him. It would be also great if Sarri gets sacked by Juve at end of the season, he is destined to do great at Arsenal.

Would take Allegri's pragmatics over Rodgers or Nuno any day of the week. Can't hire another mid-table manager, or a manager who failed in the only big job of his career.

I thought ten Hag was earmarked for Bayern in the summer? At least, that's what I've been reading over the past few weeks from Bayern fans on Reddit.

That leaves Arsenal and United as the current main players for Poch since he had an amiable relationship with Espanyol, both as a player and as a manager.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:43 am

LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:

I thought ten Hag was earmarked for Bayern in the summer? At least, that's what I've been reading over the past few weeks from Bayern fans on Reddit.

That leaves Arsenal and United as the current main players for Poch since he had an amiable relationship with Espanyol, both as a player and as a manager.

It might be. :dontknow:

ten Hag looks like the perfect manager for Barca. But since Barca executives are Arsenal-level dumb, they obviously won't give Messi a good manager again for the umpteenth time. So, yeah, Bayern might hire ten Hag and go on to dominate BuLi. Oh wait.. :P

I'd like to see him at Barca. The Barca manager post has been vacant for nearly 3 years now. Can't believe such a mammoth club would do such a thing.

I think Allegri wants the ManU job. He will have all the resources there and wouldn't simply be a coach, but a manager. It's between him and Poch for the ManU job. Bayern might be interested in Poch too.

Feel, we should simply do whatever it takes to get Poch. He'd be perfect for Arsenal: doesn't need a bucket load of cash, long-term solution, plays good football, works with the youth, and is a great tactician.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 am

When was the last time Bayern had a coach who couldn't speak German? Unless the ten Hag move falls through and Poch learns German in 6 months, I don't think he'll be in the running.

Good shout about Allegri. I can see him going there if he has assurances Woodward won't get in his way.

As for Barca, they (read: Messi) could make a move for Gallardo. The only problem is Gallardo doesn't fit Barça's possession ethos. Tuchel could be another option after PSG cans him but he has the same issue Gallardo does.

I won't have a problem if Poch came here. It's not his fault he didn't win anything at Spurs; that club is allergic to trophies. At worst, he'll get us back on our feet.
Last edited by LMAO on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 am

We have to go all out for Rodgers or Raffa in the summer. I cant stomach Poch and good English is essential
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Nuggets » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:14 am

UFGN wrote:We have to go all out for Rodgers or Raffa in the summer. I cant stomach Poch and good English is essential

I would be happy with that choice.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 am

I don't want any past it managers. That includes Rafa and Ancelotti.

The only defensive manager I'd want is Simeone, but he won't come unless he falls out with Atletico and can blow up and personally rebuild our defense and midfield. Allegri hasn't show he can succeed without the league's best squad.

Nuno and Howe are so meh. They don't excite me whatsoever and I think their current clubs are their ceilings.

Rodgers is too much of a mercenary and hasn't shown he can build a defense.

If we're going for Arteta, then we may as well stick with Freddie.

If we can't lure Poch, then I'm all for an up-and-coming coach that has a high ceiling. Someone like Nagelsmann, Rose, Marsch, Gallardo.

Actually, I still wouldn't mind taking a chance on Jardim.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 am

Raffa for me has to be someone with vision and structure to sort our lot I think he is the man with the pedigree
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 am

There is a whole lot of turning up our noses here. Like the guy on Tinder who thinks he is God's gift but in reality is average - and swipes left to everyone that's under an 8 out of 10.

We are a big club in decline, we cannot attract the top tier managers so we need to think and act smart and pick a manager that is either an up and coming phenom or someone able to steady the ship and take us forward little by little.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:14 am

Marcelino is a good defensive coach.

At Valencia he turned them around from conceding 65 goals to conceding 35 goals.

Bring him in.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 am

Arsenal struggling to afford Europe's elite coaches and may be forced to appoint caretaker Freddie Ljungberg or former player Mikel Arteta
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... gberg.html
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CaptGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Zenith wrote:

Emery 2.0
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Jack The Ripper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:There is a whole lot of turning up our noses here. Like the guy on Tinder who thinks he is God's gift but in reality is average - and swipes left to everyone that's under an 8 out of 10.

We are a big club in decline, we cannot attract the top tier managers so we need to think and act smart and pick a manager that is either an up and coming phenom or someone able to steady the ship and take us forward little by little.

Great post ^ this guy gets it. 10000% right.

The arrogance of our fans are beyond a joke, and also the rudeness of many of them. We need to get a reality check and realize how far we have fallen, and we have no money to spend either. The arrogance of many on here is laughable. So I say we should try to get Howe as he is a very good manager and has worked miracles to take a club from league 2 all the way too the premiership and stay in the premiership for 5 seasons, remarkable, don't think its even been done in world football, and the vile rude abuse I get to suggest such a name. Many of you guys need a serious dose of reality.

There are hardly any managers available for starters who are out of a job, and we can't just pick who the hell we want like its a damn raffle. Wake up. Great post theHotHead
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Nuggets » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:There is a whole lot of turning up our noses here. Like the guy on Tinder who thinks he is God's gift but in reality is average - and swipes left to everyone that's under an 8 out of 10.

Spot on with that, time to wake up and smell the coffee. :clap:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk