Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Fenice » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:49 pm

I just think he’s going through more training to undo what Emery did. I didn’t even give it a second thought.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Zenith wrote:
aniym wrote:
Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.

He's played plenty of times since then and has been wank.

''Plenty of times" 2 starts in 7.

What's so strange about the notion that not using that glimpse of form/confidence by not rewarding him with a start in the subsequent game might have been a mistake? :dontknow:

He was a sub against Vitoria when he did the business. I'm just tired of Emery being blamed for everything when Freddie, who sees the players every single day, declined to pick him as well.

Pepe has competition for his place, from Ozil, Willock and Saka. Vitoria are a Championship level team, and against PL opposition I'd pick those players over him as well .
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:17 pm

So as the match finished I noticed Pepe at the side and he looked frozen to death, he looked beyond cold, he was like in shock, you know when you enter ice cold water. The poor guy can't handle this weather I feel, he looks so cold, he needs to toughen up.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Least of our problems. He'll come good.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Ach wrote:Least of our problems. He'll come good.

Might be another gervinho let's hope not
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 pm

aniym wrote:
Zenith wrote:
aniym wrote:
Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.

He's played plenty of times since then and has been wank.

''Plenty of times" 2 starts in 7.

What's so strange about the notion that not using that glimpse of form/confidence by not rewarding him with a start in the subsequent game might have been a mistake? :dontknow:

He was a sub against Vitoria when he did the business. I'm just tired of Emery being blamed for everything when Freddie, who sees the players every single day, declined to pick him as well.

Pepe has competition for his place, from Ozil, Willock and Saka. Vitoria are a Championship level team, and against PL opposition I'd pick those players over him as well .

Come on.

There were numerous glaring underperformers, who were a much greater concern than Pépé, who kept getting picked by Emery. Players who, unlike Pépé, have been at Arsenal for years.

Then there's the lengthy history of (talented) attacking players, who following their move from Ligue 1 to the Premier League, needed considerable and consistent game time to adapt the pace and intensity of the league. Whilst UE's treatment of NP19 suggests otherwise, you'd think he would've been aware of such an important matter.

Meanwhile, Pépé's confidence has hit an all-time low and the more he's being passed upon, the smaller the chance becomes that he'll ever settle at Arsenal.

Ultimately, if UE was more rational and consistent in his decision-making, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The team also wouldn't look as confused and absent of confidence with a mid-table position as inevitable and logical consequence.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:56 am

We need to start playing free flowing attacking football and he needs to be given a fresh start and opportunities.

His confidence has been shot.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 am

Let’s be honest. At this stage you can’t start him. He’s useless until we get a Fabregas or Cazorla in midfield whereby he can stay in an advanced position and run onto a ball. No way that’s happening with Xhaka, Guendozi or Torreria. They just don’t release the ball fast enough and can’t play long passes successfully requiring him to drop back and ruin his effectiveness. Send him on vacation till next season.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am

So you buy a player for 72 million and treat him like this and put a green kid in saka ahead of him. Saka has been really poor for a while now. Yesterday it backfired on the manager because saka was so so bad.

We have two options. Either loan him out in jan with a club with option to buy and get some money back. Or give him proper chance and invest in him. You don’t break your club record on a player and lose faith in him so quick.

I’m still disgusted how after his 2 goals when we should really build him up we put him on the bench. End of the day he gets paid no matter what and one have to be retarded to think saka is close to him technically
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Oh stop being so dramatic ffs. He’s a guy we spent a lot on, playing poor and sitting on the bench for now.

He’ll get chances, get settled and do much better than he has been. Leaving him on the bench til he shows otherwise in training and use martinelli for now.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

gooney wrote:So you buy a player for 72 million and treat him like this and put a green kid in saka ahead of him. Saka has been really poor for a while now. Yesterday it backfired on the manager because saka was so so bad.

We have two options. Either loan him out in jan with a club with option to buy and get some money back. Or give him proper chance and invest in him. You don’t break your club record on a player and lose faith in him so quick.

I’m still disgusted how after his 2 goals when we should really build him up we put him on the bench. End of the day he gets paid no matter what and one have to be retarded to think saka is close to him technically

Let's hope Freddie realises that. :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Ach wrote:Least of our problems. He'll come good.

Might be another gervinho let's hope not

Gervinho never cost £72m.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:17 am

Santi wrote:Oh stop being so dramatic ffs. He’s a guy we spent a lot on, playing poor and sitting on the bench for now.

He’ll get chances, get settled and do much better than he has been. Leaving him on the bench til he shows otherwise in training and use martinelli for now.

Yeah break your record and treat the player like any other player. Big clubs don’t do this. The only loser here will be Arsenal who will lose financially. As Allen Iverson said.....we talking about training
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:17 am

Santi wrote:Oh stop being so dramatic ffs. He’s a guy we spent a lot on, playing poor and sitting on the bench for now.

Yeah break your record and treat the player like any other player. Big clubs don’t do this. The only loser here will be Arsenal who will lose financially. As Allen Iverson said.....we talking about training
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:29 am

I’d be more concerned if he were the only player underperforming.

I also don’t think the ridged formations Unai deployed were the best for him.

Hell we have 3 top top class forward payers and in 1.5 years Unai hasn’t brought out the best in them as a collective. He didn’t even decide on a formation to make our own

No wonder the lack of fluidity we witnessed.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football