Champions League 2019/20

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World football chat.

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Ach » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 pm

Juve win again

Only they can save the CL this season.
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13826
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Valencia and chelsea so f***ing shit both of them. But as a gooner its depressing because they are both still much better than us right now.

Sancho dropped again :(
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Sims » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Favre being shit and Sancho being petulant was always going to end badly
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30377
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Inter went from going 2-0 up to see their second goal be disallowed for an incident in the opposing penalty box which had been spotted by VAR.

Penalty awarded, 1-1. Correct decision, albeit an abrupt turnaround.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31984
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Sims wrote:Favre being shit and Sancho being petulant was always going to end badly
Favre is all over the place.

Playing two fullbacks on the wing in a 4411.

Pussy!!!!!

Sancho I'm a little concerned about now. They hype seems to have got to him. He needs to stay at Dortmund another 2 years at least. If he moves anytime soon he will flop hard at a bigger team.

The whole reason the Dortmund move worked was the lack of expectation and the amount of time and games he got to develop. He isn't super fast or powerful. He a truly skillful player with good level of vision. I see him as a playmaker but he needs to remember to be humble and keep learning.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:15 pm

↑ Agreed. Sancho is not blessed with natural physical prowess, but he's a pure footballer with fine technique.

Becoming a greater brand than a footballer rarely works in a young prodigy's favor. Because of all the spotlight, every substandard peformance is being over-scrutinised and blown out of proportion by the fans and media.

Here's hoping (for him) that he can overcome those hurdles and continue to progress in an upward spiral.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31984
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Dejan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 pm

Ajax 2-0

Should of got ziyech ffs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 25493
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby ArsenalXP » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Zenith wrote:Inter went from going 2-0 up to see their second goal be disallowed for an incident in the opposing penalty box which had been spotted by VAR.

Penalty awarded, 1-1. Correct decision, albeit an abrupt turnaround.


what lol? so they went back 2-3 minutes and noticed something before the goal then overturned it to make a penalty for the other team lol ..?
ArsenalXP
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 pm

ArsenalXP wrote:
Zenith wrote:Inter went from going 2-0 up to see their second goal be disallowed for an incident in the opposing penalty box which had been spotted by VAR.

Penalty awarded, 1-1. Correct decision, albeit an abrupt turnaround.


what lol? so they went back 2-3 minutes and noticed something before the goal then overturned it to make a penalty for the other team lol ..?

Inter's goal was scored directly from the counter attack that followed.

At most half a minute had past between the incident in Inter's box and Lukaku's disallowed goal.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31984
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ Agreed. Sancho is not blessed with natural physical prowess, but he's a pure footballer with fine technique.

Becoming a greater brand than a footballer rarely works in a young prodigy's favor. Because of all the spotlight, every substandard peformance is being over-scrutinised and blown out of proportion by the fans and media.

Here's hoping (for him) that he can overcome those hurdles and continue to progress in an upward spiral.
Yes. I'm a fan. He's one of the few bright sparks in world football. He has already shown his top level ability vs Atletico last year and Inter this year.

I just hope he realizes he still has a while to go to become world class.

Moving onto the Scouse Napoli game. Why Napoli are complaining about Mertens being pushed by Loveren is ridiculous. The fact you even had him marking Loveren in the first place is just poor defending. Modern footballers these days.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Var saving Liverpool?
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13826
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Dejan wrote:Ajax 2-0

Should of got ziyech ffs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
How many goals and assists now for the season?

I'm still so angry about you know who and why we never got this guy who wanted to join us!

Anyway, sad thing is Ajax may still go out if they lose to Valencia in the next game :(
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Sancho scores
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13826
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 pm

elkanofan wrote:Moving onto the Scouse Napoli game. Why Napoli are complaining about Mertens being pushed by Loveren is ridiculous. The fact you even had him marking Loveren in the first place is just poor defending. Modern footballers these days.

Agreed.

It's worth noting Fabinho and Gomez had already come off, meaning Napoli only had to deal with 2 players who are taller than 6' on the field in Lovren and VVD.

Preposterous to ask 5'7'' Mertens to mark 6'2'' Lovren when you have players like Koulibaly, Fabian, Maksimovic and Manolas, all of whom between 6'2'' and 6'4'', to do that job for you.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31984
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Champions League 2019/20

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Ach wrote:Sancho scores
And now he's just hit the bar!

:)
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

PreviousNext

Return to World Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 0 guests
cron