The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Rockape » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Certainly the scariest right hand I’ve ever seen in boxing. It’s the pure aggression behind it, that packs the power. He really wants to hurt his opponent.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Wilder is nothing but a Right hand though.

Don't get me wrong he's making it work for him but all he does is lines people up for it, and not subtley either.

Be interesting because if he doesn't floor Fury, he's going to lose .............. but will Fury be able to get away with it for 12 rds?

We'll have to see in February.

i forgot about the baout ( family issues) and then when i realized it was over..
saw a replay...

that was a low quality bout.... so few punches thrown...

Fury is way classier than both... but not as powerful... can he knock Wilder on his arse??
I'll be rooting for the Gypsy King. Nothikng against Wilder, really. Tyson is just too interesting to me...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Don't get me wrong he's making it work for him but all he does is lines people up for it, and not subtley either.

Be interesting because if he doesn't floor Fury, he's going to lose .............. but will Fury be able to get away with it for 12 rds?

Wilder's right hand is worth more than all the boxing skills in the world though. He knocks people dead, he doesn't even need to land flush, just a decent glancing blow is enough to put you down.

He is a one trick pony but no one can stop that one trick, he's basically Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Wilder's right hand is worth more than all the boxing skills in the world though. He knocks people dead, he doesn't even need to land flush, just a decent glancing blow is enough to put you down.

He is a one trick pony but no one can stop that one trick, he's basically Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

This was also a calculated knockout. It wasn't just a wild swing. Ortiz didn't see it coming and he was set up for the punch.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Holdini » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:28 pm

fury's the most intelligent heavyweight out there. his movement and agility is insane for a heavyweight, reminds me of a CW. if he concentrates for the full 12 and stops his showboating he'll win.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

This was also a calculated knockout. It wasn't just a wild swing. Ortiz didn't see it coming and he was set up for the punch.

Very true, he set it up beautifully.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Ortiz couldn't have thought a better fight. Won every round but that power from Wilder is just atomic. Rocked.

Wilder is right. The other heavyweights need to stop ducking Ortiz. Risky for Wilder to take that fight but got the job done.

Agree - they've all ducked Ortiz except Wilder.
Only Wilder and Fury seem willing to take risks.

Meanwhile Joshua runs from everyone and pretends they ran from him.
We saw why when he was totally outclassed by Ruiz.

Anyone who thinks this is completely delusional. Joshua offered the fight to Ortiz for what would've been his record payday. Ortiz team declined and then Ruiz stepped up.

Tyson Fury was just 24-0 when he beat Klitschko, an Olympic gold medalist, two time heavyweight champion who was on a 10 year unbeaten streak. 18 months later, Joshua beat the same guy while just 18-0. Klitschko was still in shape, he was training for the Fury rematch before that, but Wilder fanboys give him no credit. Few fights later, Joshua faces Povetkin. Another world champion, another Olympic gold medalist, with only one defeat on his record. Joshua who was 21-0 knocks him out. But, but, but he was over the hill and past it.

Fast forward to last night, Wilder who is 41-0-1 beats a 40 year old Luis Ortiz. So in his 42 fights, this guy has beaten... a 40 year old Cuban who's never held a title or had any major success in the amateurs, unlike Klitschko and Povetkin, who AJ fought and beat when he had less than half the fights Wilder has.

Tyson Fury faced Klitschko, Joshua faced Klitschko. Where in the world was Deontay Wilder? He had years to fight him as WBC champion, before and after his Fury loss, yet he was nowhere to be found. But...but...but he faced a guy who was on the Cuban national B team in the amateurs. What has Ortiz done in his career for to be considered a credible opponent? His best win is Bryant Jennings, the guy who recently lost to Joe Joyce (lol). He's fought nobody, he's overhyped like crazy, probably lying about his age, and has high blood pressure. Complete farce.

Wilder has been handled with kid gloves and didn't fight anyone with a pulse until he was 30-0 and even then he's barely been let out of the cradle.

Also been ducking Whyte for 2 years and probably going to take the franchise champion belt so he can duck him as a mandatory in 2021. I rate him and his power but the way his career has been handled is a complete joke.

Nah, anyone who believes Eddie Hearn is certified delusional.
Wilder is the best heavyweight in the world.
Just accept it. It's been obvious for a long time.
Joshua is a bum, Fury is the best heavyweight boxer and well, Whyte, is just a drug taking cheat who got his ass handed to him by Joshua the bum.
Unless Joshua runs and tries to hide his glass jaw he's going to get knocked out by the fat man with fast hands again.

Good way to completely sidestep the point and give a reply that has absolutely f**k all to do with any of the points I've raised.

So since you're ducking my question like Wilder ducks credible opponents, let me ask you again:

If Wilder is so brave unlike bum Joshua, why didn't he fight Klitschko? Why didn't he fight a single credible opponent until he was 39-0? Why is the best win on his resume a 40* year old with high blood pressure who's completely unproven.

If you're not giving Joshua credit for beating a 40 yo Klitschko and 39 yo Povetkin at 18-0 and 21-0, on what basis are you giving Wilder credit for beating a 40 year old Ortiz? Is Ortiz better than Klitschko and Povetkin?

I want to believe you. I'm not a Joshua fan. Please just show me the evidence for Wilder being the best? Did he fight under a pseudonym where he beat actual credible fighters?

Your error is you think Ortiz is no good. He would beat Joshua and probably Fury. If you think Ortiz is not a credible fighter then there is no point discussing anything to do with boxing wth you.
Wilder is the only man to have beaten Ortiz - and no one else wants to go near him, despite the usual Eddie Hearn BS.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:37 pm

He had to floor and knockout Ortiz twice in order to win, because he would have lost both fights on points - but that's exactly what he did.
I think Fury is more elusive than Ortiz, so as in the first Fury/Wilder fight, Fury COULD do it - go 12 rounds without getting nailed by that right hand.

It's the best fight out there right now.

Ruiz / Wilder might be interesting too after Ruiz beats Joshua again - will certainly test Wilder's chin further.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Ortiz couldn't have thought a better fight. Won every round but that power from Wilder is just atomic. Rocked.

Wilder is right. The other heavyweights need to stop ducking Ortiz. Risky for Wilder to take that fight but got the job done.

Anyone who thinks this is completely delusional. Joshua offered the fight to Ortiz for what would've been his record payday. Ortiz team declined and then Ruiz stepped up.

Tyson Fury was just 24-0 when he beat Klitschko, an Olympic gold medalist, two time heavyweight champion who was on a 10 year unbeaten streak. 18 months later, Joshua beat the same guy while just 18-0. Klitschko was still in shape, he was training for the Fury rematch before that, but Wilder fanboys give him no credit. Few fights later, Joshua faces Povetkin. Another world champion, another Olympic gold medalist, with only one defeat on his record. Joshua who was 21-0 knocks him out. But, but, but he was over the hill and past it.

Fast forward to last night, Wilder who is 41-0-1 beats a 40 year old Luis Ortiz. So in his 42 fights, this guy has beaten... a 40 year old Cuban who's never held a title or had any major success in the amateurs, unlike Klitschko and Povetkin, who AJ fought and beat when he had less than half the fights Wilder has.

Tyson Fury faced Klitschko, Joshua faced Klitschko. Where in the world was Deontay Wilder? He had years to fight him as WBC champion, before and after his Fury loss, yet he was nowhere to be found. But...but...but he faced a guy who was on the Cuban national B team in the amateurs. What has Ortiz done in his career for to be considered a credible opponent? His best win is Bryant Jennings, the guy who recently lost to Joe Joyce (lol). He's fought nobody, he's overhyped like crazy, probably lying about his age, and has high blood pressure. Complete farce.

Wilder has been handled with kid gloves and didn't fight anyone with a pulse until he was 30-0 and even then he's barely been let out of the cradle.

Also been ducking Whyte for 2 years and probably going to take the franchise champion belt so he can duck him as a mandatory in 2021. I rate him and his power but the way his career has been handled is a complete joke.

Joshua is a bum, Fury is the best heavyweight boxer and well, Whyte, is just a drug taking cheat who got his ass handed to him by Joshua the bum.
Unless Joshua runs and tries to hide his glass jaw he's going to get knocked out by the fat man with fast hands again.

Good way to completely sidestep the point and give a reply that has absolutely f**k all to do with any of the points I've raised.

So since you're ducking my question like Wilder ducks credible opponents, let me ask you again:

If Wilder is so brave unlike bum Joshua, why didn't he fight Klitschko? Why didn't he fight a single credible opponent until he was 39-0? Why is the best win on his resume a 40* year old with high blood pressure who's completely unproven.

If you're not giving Joshua credit for beating a 40 yo Klitschko and 39 yo Povetkin at 18-0 and 21-0, on what basis are you giving Wilder credit for beating a 40 year old Ortiz? Is Ortiz better than Klitschko and Povetkin?

I want to believe you. I'm not a Joshua fan. Please just show me the evidence for Wilder being the best? Did he fight under a pseudonym where he beat actual credible fighters?

Your error is you think Ortiz is no good. He would beat Joshua and probably Fury. If you think Ortiz is not a credible fighter then there is no point discussing anything to do with boxing wth you.
Wilder is the only man to have beaten Ortiz - and no one else wants to go near him, despite the usual Eddie Hearn BS.

Grandpa Ortiz would beat Joshua and Fury? Based on what? How can you extrapolate this looking at his career? He's beaten nobody. He's never done anything in the amateurs. He's never held a world title. He's mostly fought journeymen.

If he's so good that everyone is ducking why didn't he fight eliminators until he got to a mandatory position for a belt? How is it possible that this guy who is apparently better than Klitschko and Povetkin has never done anything of note in his career other than giving Wilder some trouble in their first fight?

You're high on PBC propaganda and you're not even aware of it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:01 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Grandpa Ortiz would beat Joshua and Fury? Based on what? How can you extrapolate this looking at his career? He's beaten nobody. He's never done anything in the amateurs. He's never held a world title. He's mostly fought journeymen.

If he's so good that everyone is ducking why didn't he fight eliminators until he got to a mandatory position for a belt? How is it possible that this guy who is apparently better than Klitschko and Povetkin has never done anything of note in his career other than giving Wilder some trouble in their first fight?

You sound like a bitter Joshua fanboy.
Sorry your guy turned out to be a bum.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 pm

If Joshua loses to Ruiz I think he retires.

Mentally I don't see him coming back from that especially if it's another KO.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

It barely got him past Fury though right .................

Power is great in boxing, I was well known for mine, but you can only hit what you can land.

Wilder gets away with it because he's boxing at HW and HW's are the slowest moving targets in boxing.

Wilders style would fail miserably at Middle Weight and Light Heavyweight and below.

All he does is post with his left hand teeing up the right, in a more mobile and skilfull division, you wouldn't get away with boxing like that at all.

Wilder has Cruiser weight speed with HW power, that's the only reason he pulls it off, these bigger HW's can't get out of the way quick enough every time over 12 rounds.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Silly logic. You can only beat what's in front of you. Look at Ruiz.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:21 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

It barely got him past Fury though right .................

Power is great in boxing, I was well known for mine, but you can only hit what you can land.

Wilder gets away with it because he's boxing at HW and HW's are the slowest moving targets in boxing.

Wilders style would fail miserably at Middle Weight and Light Heavyweight and below.

All he does is post with his left hand teeing up the right, in a more mobile and skilfull division, you wouldn't get away with boxing like that at all.

Wilder has Cruiser weight speed with HW power, that's the only reason he pulls it off, these bigger HW's can't get out of the way quick enough every time over 12 rounds.

Well he is a heavyweight, so he doesn't really need to beat middle weights and lightweights.
Power and chin - that's a combination that is hard to beat in the HW division.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:You sound like a bitter Joshua fanboy.
Sorry your guy turned out to be a bum.

I'm as disappointed in Joshua letting money and fame turn his head as much as the next guy but how dare you call him a bum???

Multi belt ex champ, Olympic medalist, 1 loss on his record, beat fighters like klitschko, Povetikin, Dylian Whyte etc ............. and you call him a bum??

What the fk have you ever done with your life?

If he's a bum he's a £20m plus worth bum, world famous and is a top 4 HW in the world.............. and you are again?

If he's a bum what does that make you mate?

Have some perspective and stop talking like an armchair pro.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing