Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby gooney » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 am

theHotHead wrote:VCC and others, you need to let the "Ozil lack of effort/defending" narrative go. Ozil has NEVER EVER defended anywhere he has been so why do people harp on about it!! Thats not his game, never has been, so criticising it is pointless.

It is also proven than Ozil covers as much distance as anyone else, so he is NOT lazy.

Now, if you want to make the argument that, given he is a creator and he does not create enough, you would get a far weaker argument from me because it is true. Now, I would say there are mitigating circumstances, like dufus managers and managers trying to alienate him but the fact is he has put in far too many sub-standard performances over the past 2 seasons.

Ozil not doing any defending makes our midfielders job harder. This is basic football. We simply can’t afford to carry him. Even Liverpool and city don’t have someone like this. I mean Xhaka got a lot of blame. But midfield didn’t look better without him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:32 am

gooney wrote:
theHotHead wrote:VCC and others, you need to let the "Ozil lack of effort/defending" narrative go. Ozil has NEVER EVER defended anywhere he has been so why do people harp on about it!! Thats not his game, never has been, so criticising it is pointless.

It is also proven than Ozil covers as much distance as anyone else, so he is NOT lazy.

Now, if you want to make the argument that, given he is a creator and he does not create enough, you would get a far weaker argument from me because it is true. Now, I would say there are mitigating circumstances, like dufus managers and managers trying to alienate him but the fact is he has put in far too many sub-standard performances over the past 2 seasons.

Ozil not doing any defending makes our midfielders job harder. This is basic football. We simply can’t afford to carry him. Even Liverpool and city don’t have someone like this. I mean Xhaka got a lot of blame. But midfield didn’t look better without him

When we have no other creative midfielders he’s carrying the team rather than the team carrying him. At this stage he’s the only one who can create chances. Given that Torreira and Guendozi can do nothing other than win the ball back they should be carrying Ozils bags.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 am

gooney wrote:Ozil not doing any defending makes our midfielders job harder. This is basic football. We simply can’t afford to carry him. Even Liverpool and city don’t have someone like this. I mean Xhaka got a lot of blame. But midfield didn’t look better without him

What are you smoking?

The reason our midfield didn't look as good as it could of is because Torriera keeps being instructed to bomb forward leaving us vulnerable, he should be sitting, if he was Ozil's lack of tackling wouldn't be an issue and on top of that, Ozil spent 3/4 of the match playing wide with Ceb, Tor and Guen central so how in the fk are you blaming him for a poor midfield when he was a wing player?

One thing we know for sure is our midfield certainly has not looked better without him.

All we have had are draws and losses to lower teams and no creativity up front, if Ozil's pass across the goal face had connected with Martinelli's knee and gone in you'd all be sucking Ozil's d*ck.

He did his job, our strikers went MIA 2nd half.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:59 am

He's not doing enough to warrant selection at the moment.

It's obvious the guy has talent, but his form doesn't warrant a place in the team.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm

VCC wrote:

Then he simply is not good enough surely you have to concede he does not offer enough no longer attacking for him to be an absolute passenger defensively.
That is what is wrong with the entire squad not just picking on Ozil forwards aside we are poor all over the pitch not one player put in 90mins concentration into their role, and I realise players are not playing where they should, but once Emery is removed hopefully that will change,

I can't say that he no longer offers enough because of the aforementioned dufus managers. I have no doubt other managers would get the most out of him and Ozil's best is still better than most, so even if they get 75% of his best that has to benefit that team.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Shouldn't be a starter
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Ceballos looked injured.
Hopefully he gets back playing, but preferably after his loan deal runs out so we never have to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 am

Living off the Spanish midfielder premium, Mr Cebalos
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Ceballos looked injured.
Hopefully he gets back playing, but preferably after his loan deal runs out so we never have to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.

Apparently has a slight knock on his hamstring.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Thing with cebellos is his first couple of games looked like he had huge potential, cue the Emery intervention now he has no clue as does all of the midfeild.
Hope he is not out too long with the hamstring and there may be a new gaffer
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 am

VCC wrote:Thing with cebellos is his first couple of games looked like he had huge potential, cue the Emery intervention now he has no clue as does all of the midfeild.

Its like players are brainwashed when the gaffer intervenes, as sort of twilight zone effect, they are playing ok them in steps Emery then zap... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:23 am

VCC wrote:Thing with cebellos is his first couple of games looked like he had huge potential, cue the Emery intervention now he has no clue as does all of the midfeild.

He still have huge potential. At this point I believe none of our players will improve if Emery is still around.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby NovaGB » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:44 pm

looks like 4231 then unless we use Willock cos we are really short of CM's and DM's at the mo

I'm not sure why we don't just play Douzi and Torreira with Ozil in front of them regularly anyway.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:23 pm

What does the tweet say? Cant see it on tapatalk

Hopefully shipped back to spain

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13