Burnley Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 02/12/08

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 02/12/08

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:44 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:I think this result has been a reality check for a lot of you guys on here to be honest.
Just a few weeks back when we were on our loosing streak,most of you guys were calling for AW to call up the youngsters becuase they seemed to be ready ad had the 'chemistry and talent to beat most teams', to roughly quote a few on you guys.

Well i do really hate to say I told you so but well I did! ;)
Raw talent and chemistry counts for nothing when you have players in the team who shouldnt even be there in the first place.. Like Rodgers; he was like a rabbit caught in headlights and was totally overwhelmed by the whole occasion,Bendtner should have never started ahead of Simpson,the young lad played excellent against Wigan and this is how AW repays him? By dropping him for a very,very out of form striker.

My concerns are starting to grow with Bendy more & more these days becuase he's has just not shown any kind of progress this season in the slightest,its more lilke hes taken a few steps back to be quite honest.

No mate most were calling for the kids to be played because if we were going to lose 2-0 at home and 3-0 away atleast the youngsters would give at better go and seem more up for it.

I don't actually remember anyone saying the kids are better than the first team? Just that they would try harder.

I thought last nights game was good. If we had put in one of our chances in the first 15 minutes it could of been a whole diffrent game. But thats football.

True enough once we went two goals behind we didn't have a good plan B, but i thought that was more because Burnley were set up so well. They are on a good run in the championship, have only lost once at home this season (and that was back in august). Plus they put out Fulham and Chelsea, at the bridge.

Well done Burnley, took your chances and deserved the win. I hope you go all the way.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby bergie4ever » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 am

bergie4ever wrote:Always criticise Bendtner...it's a little bit pointless and boring, don't you think ?? :disgust: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

And also,do not forget Burnley's goalkeeper delivered a very good performance... :frogwink:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Gutted to have gone out, Burnley were immense, and if they carry on playing as good as they did last night we could well be facing them in the prem next season.

Still i think the youngsters did well to get us this far.
Questions will be raised with some of them, but most are still young & still learning.
No excuses though, Burnley were the better side & their keeper was brilliant, i hope they get to the final.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:25 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:I think this result has been a reality check for a lot of you guys on here to be honest.
Just a few weeks back when we were on our loosing streak,most of you guys were calling for AW to call up the youngsters becuase they seemed to be ready ad had the 'chemistry and talent to beat most teams', to roughly quote a few on you guys.

Well i do really hate to say I told you so but well I did! ;)
Raw talent and chemistry counts for nothing when you have players in the team who shouldnt even be there in the first place.. Like Rodgers; he was like a rabbit caught in headlights and was totally overwhelmed by the whole occasion,Bendtner should have never started ahead of Simpson,the young lad played excellent against Wigan and this is how AW repays him? By dropping him for a very,very out of form striker.

My concerns are starting to grow with Bendy more & more these days becuase he's has just not shown any kind of progress this season in the slightest,its more lilke hes taken a few steps back to be quite honest.

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning mate :think:

You say people were wrong to suggest replacing some of the first team (or all) with reserve team players who were on form, and then go on to suggest that Bendtner (a first team player) should not have started over Simpson (a reserve team player on a run of form)

Ummmmmmm, you see where I'm going with this? :?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:23 pm

it was poor but i was not supprised as to why the reasons that they lost. I mean they will get out muscled on pretty much all fronts and it doesnt help when people dont take chances. A well, theirs still 2 maybe 3 trophies left to win :D
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:01 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Gutted to have gone out, Burnley were immense, and if they carry on playing as good as they did last night we could well be facing them in the prem next season.

Still i think the youngsters did well to get us this far.
Questions will be raised with some of them, but most are still young & still learning.
No excuses though, Burnley were the better side & their keeper was brilliant, i hope they get to the final.

I agree with that.
People haven't really mentioned the fact that Burnley played really well. They're on top form in the Championship at the moment and knocked Chelsea out. We beat Wigan but Burnley could easily beat them if they play like they did last night.

I know it's just more excuses but it's also worth bearing in mind that we had injuries.
We usually play CC games with a couple of more senior players in defence or in midfield.
People like Song, Djourou, Eboue, Toure.
This time there was only Silvestre. If Eboue and Diaby were fit they probably would've played.
If Song hadn't just played against Chelsea he definitely would've played and he only had to do that because Eboue, Diaby and Walcott are injured.
It just shows that our injuries affect all competitions. We still have a ridiculous amount at the moment.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Inchpractice wrote:People haven't really mentioned the fact that Burnley played really well. They're on top form in the Championship at the moment and knocked Chelsea out. We beat Wigan but Burnley could easily beat them if they play like they did last night.

*jumps up and down* I did, i did, i did... :rofll:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Well done AA, have a gold star.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Well done AA, have a gold star.

Why thank you kind Sir.

Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09