Wenger Inn...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Wenger in

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 am

The Break Water wrote:I don't know why everyone is mocking Wenger, he is gonna have the last laugh, he will be back I think. Its starting to become obvious to me now whats happening.

Wenger is gonna say he turned down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

The man is a compulsive liar and vile to the bone, I can see his games, he is just waiting and hovering ready to pounce.

I like the way you think. Let’s make it happen.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:56 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
swipe right wrote:It’s ridiculous that Mourinho and Wenger want to manage but can’t get top jobs.

Why is it ridiculous that two archaic mangers long past their best are not sought out by top clubs?

On top of that Mourinho is a pernicious bastard who always ends his managerial reigns after falling out with the club/players.

It'd be ridiculous if top clubs in 2020 were interested in them.

It’s ridiculous because Emery is managing Arsenal, Ole is managing United and Lampard is managing Chelsea. Not to mention the blokes managing Real, Barca and Bayern. Only an idiot would think Mou and Wenger would not do better jobs.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 am

swipe right wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
swipe right wrote:It’s ridiculous that Mourinho and Wenger want to manage but can’t get top jobs.

Why is it ridiculous that two archaic mangers long past their best are not sought out by top clubs?

On top of that Mourinho is a pernicious bastard who always ends his managerial reigns after falling out with the club/players.

It'd be ridiculous if top clubs in 2020 were interested in them.

It’s ridiculous because Emery is managing Arsenal, Ole is managing United and Lampard is managing Chelsea. Not to mention the blokes managing Real, Barca and Bayern. Only an idiot would think Mou and Wenger would not do better jobs.

Every one at some time becomes past their best.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 am

Wenger can indeed do better than 3CLs that zidane has won.

I mean 20+ years in the CL. What an achievement.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 am

Real won 10 European cups before zidane joined. Remind me how many Arsenal won?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:07 am

As long as technical directors pick managers, Mou and Wenger will be out of jobs. A strong manager is a threat to the power of the technical director. Why would you pick a strong rival?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:39 am

swipe right wrote:Real won 10 European cups before zidane joined. Remind me how many Arsenal won?

Yet they hadn't won a CL since 2002 until Zidane became manager.

Don't forget the guy you are trumpeting (Mourinho) was specifically brought in to win Madrid La Decima and even he failed.

Zidane is G, helped bring 4 CLs to the club when you factor in him winning it with them as a player in 2002.

Also what does our European record prior to Wenger have to do with anything?

Liverpool had only won 2 European Cups prior to Bob Paisley becoming manager, didn't stop him from winning 3 CLs, the UEFA Cup and the SuperCup.

We never made it past the QFs when we were at our best under Wenger (2001-2004). Shocking.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:11 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
swipe right wrote:Real won 10 European cups before zidane joined. Remind me how many Arsenal won?

Yet they hadn't won a CL since 2002 until Zidane became manager.

Ancelotti.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:39 am

The Break Water wrote:I don't know why everyone is mocking Wenger, he is gonna have the last laugh, he will be back I think. Its starting to become obvious to me now whats happening.

Wenger is gonna say he turned down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

The man is a compulsive liar and vile to the bone, I can see his games, he is just waiting and hovering ready to pounce.

I want a bit of whatever your smoking. Thats mad!!!!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:00 am

Hope he does really well at Bayern.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby FARM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am

NovaGB wrote:Hope he does really well at Bayern.

He is not going to Bayern, its been confirmed yesterday, they are not interested in him for the role.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Dejan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am

Loooll @ wenger openly applying for the job only to find out theyre not interested

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 am

Dejan wrote:Loooll @ wenger openly applying for the job only to find out theyre not interested

unlike our delusional fans wanting him back.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 pm

My fantasy is Wenger ridding a white horse down Holloway Road with Baba O Riley playing in the background to reclaim his throne.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Dejan wrote:Loooll @ wenger openly applying for the job only to find out theyre not interested

That man will have delusions of grandeur till the end.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk