Wenger Inn...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Wenger in

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:Wenger rejected Bayern

They wanting him in a caretaker role but he refused, only wanted the job if it was on a long term basis

Barcelona still to come

So basically he kind of got mugged off.

everyone knows theyre getting ten hag at the end of the season, rummenigge isn't gonna budge on that for anyone
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 pm

It’s kind of sad to see how Wenger Outers are deflecting on the failures of the post Wenger era by still obsessing over what Wenger does next. I suppose they can’t really brag about Wenger’s successors accomplishments since he has none so they have to focus on Wenger not getting a role. Conveniently forgetting that Mourinho has been out of a job almost as long and is fifteen years younger.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 pm

swipe right wrote:It’s kind of sad to see how Wenger Outers are deflecting on the failures of the post Wenger era by still obsessing over what Wenger does next. I suppose they can’t really brag about Wenger’s successors accomplishments since he has none so they have to focus on Wenger not getting a role. Conveniently forgetting that Mourinho has been out of a job almost as long and is fifteen years younger.

You talk like AW was Arsenals only successful manager. ARSENAL have been around a few more years
No man is bigger than the club
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

They wanting him in a caretaker role but he refused, only wanted the job if it was on a long term basis

Barcelona still to come

everyone knows theyre getting ten hag at the end of the season, rummenigge isn't gonna budge on that for anyone

Even more embarrassing for Wenger.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Barcelona still to come

So why did Wenger even bother to reach out and put his name forward?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Barcelona still to come

So why did Wenger even bother to reach out and put his name forward?

he didnt. it's a bayern tactic. their chairman has been imprisoned for fraud, theyre a horrid club, when people turn them down they go to the press and inform it was in fact they who did it. their the only club in the buli with any prestige, if they look like cucks then theyve got no chance

they did the same with ralf rangnick, its not exclusive to wenger
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:36 pm

How do you know Wenger didn't reach out?

If they approached Wenger and he said no they could've just said nothing, no one would ever have known they even reached out to him, it's not like Wenger would go to the media and be like "yeah I rejected Bayern's offer the other day lol".

Doesn't make sense, there's no need for them to say they turned down Wenger when they could just stay silent and no one would ever know they had talks.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby swipe right » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 pm

The life of a manager has become very hard. The players have all the power, clubs have distributed authority to multiple stakeholders and money men like Woodward have replaced football men in the board rooms. It’s a horrible time to be a manager. With the exception of Klopp and Guardiola, I can’t think of one other that has any real power. Even Simeone is struggling. It’s ridiculous that Mourinho and Wenger want to manage but can’t get top jobs.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:How do you know Wenger didn't reach out?

If they approached Wenger and he said no they could've just said nothing, no one would ever have known they even reached out to him, it's not like Wenger would go to the media and be like "yeah I rejected Bayern's offer the other day lol".

Doesn't make sense, there's no need for them to say they turned down Wenger when they could just stay silent and no one would ever know they had talks.

BILD: "A concrete conversation between Bayern and Arsène Wenger has already taken place. A personal meeting is planned after the Dortmund game on Saturday to discuss the contract period. Bayern want a solution until the summer, then a younger coach. Wenger is ready to accept it [Bild]"

Honigstein: "Wenger is not on Bayern’s shortlist and the club insist they turned Rangnick down"

Falk: "Ralf Rangnick declines the negotiations with FC Bayern. Now Arsene Wenger is the absolute favorite for the job as the Coach of Bayern"

this is all within a day of each other. wenger also said this yesterday: "I was nearly going to Bayern a long, long time ago. At the moment, I haven't talked to them at all. We have not talked to each other and I don't know if we will."

sounds like the club are in a mess, shocked that "the big club" bayern munich cant get their no 1 target and are saving face
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 pm

swipe right wrote:It’s ridiculous that Mourinho and Wenger want to manage but can’t get top jobs.

Why is it ridiculous that two archaic mangers long past their best are not sought out by top clubs?

On top of that Mourinho is a pernicious bastard who always ends his managerial reigns after falling out with the club/players.

It'd be ridiculous if top clubs in 2020 were interested in them.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 pm

Wenger whoring himself out

Bayern have no intention of challenging the German equivalent of Burnley whoever they are in the league.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

swipe right wrote:The life of a manager has become very hard. The players have all the power, clubs have distributed authority to multiple stakeholders and money men like Woodward have replaced football men in the board rooms. It’s a horrible time to be a manager. With the exception of Klopp and Guardiola, I can’t think of one other that has any real power. Even Simeone is struggling. It’s ridiculous that Mourinho and Wenger want to manage but can’t get top jobs.

Mourinho and AW have to this stage not gone looking for work
But they also come with baggage
Mourinho needs a huge budget and has a reputation for being poisonous
AW has a reputation for wanting the whole sandpit to himself
Directors empower the club so those managers with personalities such as AW and mourinho dont hold all the cards
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Sims wrote:BILD: "A concrete conversation between Bayern and Arsène Wenger has already taken place. A personal meeting is planned after the Dortmund game on Saturday to discuss the contract period. Bayern want a solution until the summer, then a younger coach. Wenger is ready to accept it [Bild]"

Weird that Bild said Wenger was ready to accept it then if he clearly wasn't.

Are they the German equivalent of The Sun?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby The Break Water » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 am

I don't know why everyone is mocking Wenger, he is gonna have the last laugh, he will be back I think. Its starting to become obvious to me now whats happening.

Wenger is gonna say he turned down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

The man is a compulsive liar and vile to the bone, I can see his games, he is just waiting and hovering ready to pounce.
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 am

The Break Water wrote:I don't know why everyone is mocking Wenger, he is gonna have the last laugh, he will be back I think. Its starting to become obvious to me now whats happening.

Wenger is gonna say he turned down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

The man is a compulsive liar and vile to the bone, I can see his games, he is just waiting and hovering ready to pounce.

Ur mental mate
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk