The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
10%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm

Both Mustafi and Xhaka were internationals with repute when they were brought. Mustafi was part of the German WC winning side, which was considered awei at the time. Most people on this site and others hoped that acquiring those two would solve our defensive and midfield issues at the time
That it didn't turn out as expected is not Wenger's fault. Happens every where. Who expected that Di Maria will flop at ManU or Diogo Forlan for that matter? Sometimes things click and sometimes don't.
Lichsteiner flopped here but did well elsewhere in SerieA.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:40 pm

German side was awesome...typo.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Get Rangnick in ffs
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:01 pm

ag6789 wrote:Wenger will oversee the whole football program instead of managing from day to day. Wenger was frugal because AFC was paying for the stadium and had to work w/small funds. Top 4 against mega spending Chelsea, ManCity..ManU.
Later on when budget increased we bought Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Laca, Auba...all under Wenger.
Even w/ tight budget , on hindsight, we did ok from 2008-2013. He bought Arshavin, Cazorla, Podolski, for paltry sums, which paid good dividends.

Lool is selfish, arrogant power hungry fool. Yes he would agree to come back for few months. The day he comes in he will plot to stay there forever. It took us years to get rid of him. I don’t want him anywhere near the club. The game past him by years ago
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 pm

ag6789 wrote:I think Wenger as a director and Freddie as manager is a very good option at this stage. I think it will be morale boosting for most players. I believe it needs a little bit of tinkering with our formation and strategy to be back to the top level, and Wenger-Freddie can achieve that. Wenger must have thought of some solution after watching from a distance.

AW would be worse director than he was as a dictating manager, he has to be the biggest ego at the club and would control things in a manner to achieve that.
Last edited by VCC on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 pm

ag6789 wrote:I think Wenger as a director and Freddie as manager is a very good option at this stage. I think it will be morale boosting for most players. I believe it needs a little bit of tinkering with our formation and strategy to be back to the top level, and Wenger-Freddie can achieve that. Wenger must have thought of some solution after watching from a distance.

AW would be worse director than he was as a dictating mmmanager, he has to be the biggest ego at the club and would control things in a manner to achieve that.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Sims wrote:Why is anyone even talking about Arsene anymore lol

Daddy Wenger issues

Most fail to believe we are where are are cos of him.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Thew fact that folks are thinking about bringing Wenger back in shows what an utter and complete failure Emery has been.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Mike Dean wrote:

Thew fact that folks are thinking about bringing Wenger back in shows what an utter and complete failure Emery has been.

Agree 100% and AW failure to address problems got us here,
Next manager please asap, going backwards is very rarely the answer
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:01 pm

The Break Water wrote:Wenger is gonna turn down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

Wonga can fook right off, he is the cancer that brought the club to its knees, we are in the shit mainly because of him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 pm

theHotHead wrote:Rockape, the fact is nobody outside of those involved know who was and was not contacted for the job, nobody knows who showed an interest and who didn't.

You cant/shouldn't base your opinion on what names were being mentioned by tabloids (or were not). So your opinion that few names were on the shortlist has no basis whatsoever. Just saying, not trying to knock you.

Possibly true, however I’d suggest that the people who report for the tabloids are very adept at making contacts in every football club in order to get the inside info. It all comes out eventually one way or another, so whilst I take everything with a pinch of salt, you can be assured a lot of what we read is very accurate.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jack The Ripper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 am

I think people are nervous that Wenger is hovering around in the background without a job, yet saying he wants to come back in, and then repeating saying in interviews how much he loves Arsenal and its a "love story". I am one of those nervous people, it would be a total disaster.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Heard Emery’s throwing a party this weekend. Unfortunately it’s a VARDY PARTY! Emery Out.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm

swipe right wrote:Heard Emery’s throwing a party this weekend. Unfortunately it’s a VARDY PARTY! Emery Out.

Was that an attempt at humor?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Holdini » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:24 pm

@afcamden says we can't afford to sack emery :rofll:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext