The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
10%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:06 pm

The Break Water wrote:Wenger is gonna turn down the Bayern Munich job, and say because he loves Arsenal, then he will return and say look what I have done for you, I turned down Bayern and Real Madrid to be with you, (you owe me everything) . Then Wenger will take over until end of season only, the results will be more or less the same, and we will be awful away still, then at end of season he will again bring up what he did for us with the Bayern thing, that will convince the fans and the board to give him a 2 year extension. And we will go round and round and round in circles for the next 8-10 years. Calling it now...

Never gonna happen. It was super hard to get rid of Wenger due to all the history and emotions involved. They are not gonna want to get through that again. Even if we beat lesta emery has to go
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Wenger will at least restore the passing game which we've lost under Unai. That's the reason most teams are at our throat from word go. Example: Wolves, L'pool etc.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FARM » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Don't be fooled guys, if Wenger was offered the Bayern job and the Arsenal job until end of season, he will 10000% take the Arsenal job, I know what he is like, he has to be in control, he will say his heart made the decision and how much he loves Arsenal, the fans will lap it up, and he will have won then, he will regain power and control again like the vile man that he is.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Hybrid47 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 pm

FARM wrote:Don't be fooled guys, if Wenger was offered the Bayern job and the Arsenal job until end of season, he will 10000% take the Arsenal job, I know what he is like, he has to be in control, he will say his heart made the decision and how much he loves Arsenal, the fans will lap it up, and he will have won then, he will regain power and control again like the vile man that he is.

If Wenger took the job till the end of the season and got us back in the top 4 I'd take it. He'd definitely do a better job with these players that's for sure.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:31 pm

IF Wenger came back that would be the final nail in the coffin for me, I waited since 2011 for him to be sacked, he was finished and done a long time ago. IF he came back then that would be it for me, i'll finally have to do the ultimate and stop watching altogether. I'll drift away from the sport and enjoy my life with my other hobbies.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Hybrid47 wrote:
FARM wrote:Don't be fooled guys, if Wenger was offered the Bayern job and the Arsenal job until end of season, he will 10000% take the Arsenal job, I know what he is like, he has to be in control, he will say his heart made the decision and how much he loves Arsenal, the fans will lap it up, and he will have won then, he will regain power and control again like the vile man that he is.

If Wenger took the job till the end of the season and got us back in the top 4 I'd take it. He'd definitely do a better job with these players that's for sure.

No.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

the team is dreadful
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:02 pm

I think Wenger as a director and Freddie as manager is a very good option at this stage. I think it will be morale boosting for most players. I believe it needs a little bit of tinkering with our formation and strategy to be back to the top level, and Wenger-Freddie can achieve that. Wenger must have thought of some solution after watching from a distance.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:30 pm

ag6789 wrote:I think Wenger as a director and Freddie as manager is a very good option at this stage. I think it will be morale boosting for most players. I believe it needs a little bit of tinkering with our formation and strategy to be back to the top level, and Wenger-Freddie can achieve that. Wenger must have thought of some solution after watching from a distance.

I don't have anything against you but .............. this is the most stupid suggestion on this whole forum.

What gain do we at AFC by making Wenger Director, like that is the dumbest proposition I've ever heard connected with this club.

He's a frugal, tight arse, that is not the person you want as director blocking all the transfers because he thinks they're too expensive.

So again wtf is the benefit from making Wenger Director?

Freddie as manager yes till end of season as I feel Freddies attacking mentality will gel better with the squad we have but the Wenger thing is just stupid?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Hybrid47 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Well whatever happens it needs to happen quickly! We're going to get battered by Leicester and they'll expose all our weaknesses. Ndidi and Madison will dominate the middle and Vardy and co will have a field day.

Conceding 20 odd shots to Wolves and 30 odd to Watford despite Emery setting us up defensively really shows how bad we are.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ag6789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Wenger will oversee the whole football program instead of managing from day to day. Wenger was frugal because AFC was paying for the stadium and had to work w/small funds. Top 4 against mega spending Chelsea, ManCity..ManU.
Later on when budget increased we bought Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Laca, Auba...all under Wenger.
Even w/ tight budget , on hindsight, we did ok from 2008-2013. He bought Arshavin, Cazorla, Podolski, for paltry sums, which paid good dividends.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Why is anyone even talking about Arsene anymore lol
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:11 pm

ag6789 wrote:Wenger will oversee the whole football program instead of managing from day to day. Wenger was frugal because AFC was paying for the stadium and had to work w/small funds. Top 4 against mega spending Chelsea, ManCity..ManU.
Later on when budget increased we bought Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Laca, Auba...all under Wenger.

Lets not re-write history here it took him 2-3 seasons to land Lacazette due to Wenger's valuation issues i.e he thinking he sets the market prices and he tried to block Auba who Mislanslat and Gazidis were responsible for getting, Wenger didn't even fly to Dortmund, Wenger had one foot out of the door and didn't want Auba, a player who pound for pound is our best buy since Sanchez.

Sanchez and Ozil I will give Wenger although this is the same idiot who let Sanchez walk for nothing.

Mustafi and Xhaka were horrendous buys for their price, £20m players bought for £35m each, waste.

Wenger if in charge of spending would actively block deals and try to haggle while our targets get swooped.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Losmeister wrote:the team is dreadful

No its not
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Rockape, the fact is nobody outside of those involved know who was and was not contacted for the job, nobody knows who showed an interest and who didn't.

You cant/shouldn't base your opinion on what names were being mentioned by tabloids (or were not). So your opinion that few names were on the shortlist has no basis whatsoever. Just saying, not trying to knock you.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts