British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 am

EliteKiller wrote:Once again everyone loses .... a Deal is approved but who here doesn't think it will fail in a long drawn out committee stage? EU grant an extension so we can just call a bloody GE ... please just stop this Parliament pissing us about, after three years of failure just go.

Committee stage is a vital part of the legislative process where a bill is examined and criticised in detail, where "what if's" are asked, and problems found.

This bill needs that more than most. The only people who have approved it so far are Boris and his crew. I dont trust them at all

This is one of the most important bills in recent history, and forcing it through Parliament in three days would have been outrageous. Its almost like the government dont want it to be scrutinised.....
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 am

UFGN wrote:Committee stage is a vital part of the legislative process where a bill is examined and criticised in detail, where "what if's" are asked, and problems found.

This bill needs that more than most. The only people who have approved it so far are Boris and his crew. I dont trust them at all

This is one of the most important bills in recent history, and forcing it through Parliament in three days would have been outrageous. Its almost like the government dont want it to be scrutinised.....

No argument there, but if three years isn't long enough how long do they want? .... problem is this Deal is agreed by the EU in its current form .... to now change it at UK level will require taking it back to the EU, at which point they will agree some bits and change some others send it back to the UK and so the process drags on ... meanwhile the UK economy loses about a billion a week, the EU even more ...

If they're not going to change it then why bother even reading it .... JC, LibDems, SNP have all said they will not vote for this bill in its current form ... if they have the votes in committee to change it, we know Boris will just pull it, so why are either side wasting anymore time on it? The only way this Bill in its current form moves forward is if JC or the Libs or the SNP with no amendments swap sides and approve it, can anyone see that happening? This bill in its current format just like its predecessor is now dead. Why keep flogging it?

This UK Parliament it seems will never agree on a Deal that the EU and UK government agrees on ... it needs a new Parliament with a new Government, one that can both negotiate a Deal with the EU and then get that Deal through the house, three years of failure is surely long enough to realise the current MPs are incompetent they need to go.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:25 am

When Boris and co start bleating about "demanding" an election again, lets remember why the current House Of Commons is how it is

Tories called a GE in 2017 for political reasons, lost their gamble spectacularly, got into bed with the D U f***ing P to cling on to power, sacked their own Prime Minister, then the new one sacked 21 of his own MPs leaving him with a minority

So f**k you Boris if you start blaming Corbyn or anyone else if you demand an election and dont get one
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:48 am

Fact of the matter is this will fail because Corbyn and Labour don't want to hand the Con's a win, simple as that.

The moment Corbyn started claiming this deal was worse than May's (which it isn't) then I knew this was fked.

Also I was the one who suggested the idea of voting Remain or Leave then a sub question of No Deal or Deal but there is no point now, No Deal will NEVER be ratified by Parliament, ever.

We have a deal on the table, even Boris isn't going for No Deal, if No Deal won on a sub question Remain would just state that it wasn't a majority vs Deal & Remain ........... hence square 1 and the roll out of months of dooms day media campaigning which I just can't be bothered with.

Wanting No Deal over this deal is retarded anyway both Leave and the EU are happy with it.

Anyway as stated Labour will shoot this down in the Committee stage anyway.

I think we do need a GE, Labour are not interested in the good of the country, their sole game is erode the Con's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Fact of the matter is this will fail because Corbyn and Labour don't want to hand the Con's a win, simple as that.

The moment Corbyn started claiming this deal was worse than May's (which it isn't) then I knew this was fked.

Also I was the one who suggested the idea of voting Remain or Leave then a sub question of No Deal or Deal but there is no point now, No Deal will NEVER be ratified by Parliament, ever.

We have a deal on the table, even Boris isn't going for No Deal, if No Deal won on a sub question Remain would just state that it wasn't a majority vs Deal & Remain ........... hence square 1 and the roll out of months of dooms day media campaigning which I just can't be bothered with.

Wanting No Deal over this deal is retarded anyway both Leave and the EU are happy with it.

I think we do need a GE, Labour are not interested in the good of the country, their sole game is erode the Con's.

Its the cons fault that Parliament is the way it is. Entirely their fault. They took a political gamble and lost their majority to the worst Labour leader in history, then sacked 21 of their own MPs to make it worse

So dont accuse Corbyn of playing political games

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:57 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Fact of the matter is this will fail because Corbyn and Labour don't want to hand the Con's a win, simple as that.

Its the cons fault that Parliament is the way it is. Entirely their fault. They took a political gamble and lost their majority to the worst Labour leader in history, then sacked 21 of their own MPs to make it worse

How does anything you've said equate to Corbyn playing political gains being untrue?

He is and that's that, just because the Con's fked around and lost their majority doesn't mean the other isn't true.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

How does anything you've said equate to Corbyn playing political gains being untrue?

He is and that's that, just because the Con's fked around and lost their majority doesn't mean the other isn't true.

It means they caused it to happen

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Didn't Corbyn run an election campaign promising to uphold a referendum result and Leave the EU? .... been nothing but games ever since.

The fact that the most inept bunch of Tories probably in history, have achieved nothing in three years and yet are still so far ahead in the polls that Labour won't call a GE ... that tells you all you need to know about how badly Corbyn has played the 'games'
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:25 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Once again everyone loses .... a Deal is approved but who here doesn't think it will fail in a long drawn out committee stage? EU grant an extension so we can just call a bloody GE ... please just stop this Parliament pissing us about, after three years of failure just go.

The problem is that the government should have repealed the fixed term parliaments act first, then they wouldn't be trapped in this farce.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Lets be fair we don't know if this deal is better or worse than Mays. No official assessments or due diligence has been done and the legal bods of parliament have not got to grips with it fully. I am sure we will find out more in the coming week. Some of the things I have heard are concerning although not worthing until it has been unravelled.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:01 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Didn't Corbyn run an election campaign promising to uphold a referendum result and Leave the EU? .... been nothing but games ever since.

The fact that the most inept bunch of Tories probably in history, have achieved nothing in three years and yet are still so far ahead in the polls that Labour won't call a GE ... that tells you all you need to know about how badly Corbyn has played the 'games'

Exactly what I was going to say.

An opposition party in full flight from a fkin GE is all you need to know.

Labour have disgusted me more than even I believed they could, they're in trouble though and they know it which is why Corbyn is trying to state this deal is worse than May's when a blind dog can see its an improvement.

Labour never expected the EU to agree a deal without the backstop, Lib Dems have been trying to sabotage it as well by telling the EU not to offer a deal.

I think we do need a GE, this parliament does not represent the people anymore, as extreme as the Con's have become I'm actually surprised at the effort Boris is making to get a deal as best he can.

This deal is almost worth voting for, just need a few clarifications on certain things.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Lets be fair we don't know if this deal is better or worse than Mays. No official assessments or due diligence has been done and the legal bods of parliament have not got to grips with it fully. I am sure we will find out more in the coming week. Some of the things I have heard are concerning although not worthing until it has been unravelled.

............ its not a deal anyway, its a withdrawal agreement.

The only difference is this one has removed the backstop which effectively the EU was going to use to keep us trapped until we conceded Gibraltar, our fishing waters and the terms which they want to give us.

This time with no Backstop they'll try it on but they don't have the same leverage so we'll get a fairer outcome and not have to give up resources.

i.e its better

90% of it is the same as May's deal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Yes labour is not going to get tanked if there is not good reason to be so dismissive of this deal. That is why I am glad the second reading got through, voting down the program motion made sense but this deal needs a thorough looking at both in the house and at the lords. If we end up with an unammended or an ammended deal being voted down then labour must accept a general election, everyone must/ Lets wait and see.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:57 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:Yes labour is not going to get tanked if there is not good reason to be so dismissive of this deal. That is why I am glad the second reading got through, voting down the program motion made sense but this deal needs a thorough looking at both in the house and at the lords. If we end up with an unammended or an ammended deal being voted down then labour must accept a general election, everyone must/ Lets wait and see.

Wait and see for what? the Deal has been pulled ... that's why the inept fools are debating a Queen's speech that everyone knows is never being actioned ... so what exactly are we waiting for? The EU to kick us out?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Lets be fair we don't know if this deal is better or worse than Mays. No official assessments or due diligence has been done and the legal bods of parliament have not got to grips with it fully. I am sure we will find out more in the coming week. Some of the things I have heard are concerning although not worthing until it has been unravelled.

............ its not a deal anyway, its a withdrawal agreement.

The only difference is this one has removed the backstop which effectively the EU was going to use to keep us trapped until we conceded Gibraltar, our fishing waters and the terms which they want to give us.

This time with no Backstop they'll try it on but they don't have the same leverage so we'll get a fairer outcome and not have to give up resources.

i.e its better

90% of it is the same as May's deal.

No guarantees for workers' rights is better?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate