British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 am

Phil71 wrote:So a new deal has been agreed!

It will be put before the EU and UK Parliaments for approval.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50079385

Somethings not right here

"Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said the deal sounded "even worse" than what was negotiated by the PM's predecessor, Theresa May, and "should be rejected" by MPs."

"The DUP has cast doubt on its success, saying they still cannot support it."

Somethings not right at all especially if the DUP won't support it.

This may be a case of Boris presenting something he knows won't get through just to say "I tried" and push for a GE, basically putting the spotlight back on Corbyn by making out he won't support any type of Brexit deal.

In fact I know the deal is fked because there is no way the EU would of agreed a deal this quickly or any deal for that matter if the cards don't fall in their favor.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am

Reading into it on the surface it seems fine but Farage doesn't want it, neither do Remain or the DUP, so there's obviously something in the details that they don't like.

Does anyone know specifically what it is?

JRM likes it so it can't be that bad for Leavers??
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Reading into it on the surface it seems fine but Farage doesn't want it, neither do Remain or the DUP, so there's obviously something in the details that they don't like.

Border down the Irish Sea

And I think theres other details which tie us to EU regs
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:09 pm

All those posters who said Boris would never get elected, Boris would be voted out, Boris would never get a Deal with the EU, are now left hanging on to praying that a few MP's can stop the seemingly inevitable UK exit .... it's only a matter of time now.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Reading into it on the surface it seems fine but Farage doesn't want it, neither do Remain or the DUP, so there's obviously something in the details that they don't like.

From Corbyn ..............

“These proposals risk triggering a race to the bottom on rights and protections: putting food safety at risk, cutting environmental standards and workers’ rights, and opening up our NHS to a takeover by US private corporations.

“This sell out deal won’t bring the country together and should be rejected. The best way to get Brexit sorted is to give the people the final say in a public vote.”

I can't stand this tw*t, he's basically saying no to Leave in any circumstance which upholds us actually leaving the fkin EU as we now stand.
He's basically saying the most he's willing to go is a Norway deal where we're out in name but not practice.
He's literally stating he doesn't want the UK to be separated from the EU's regulations at all.

............ and Farage doesn't like it because it isn't No Deal.

Fk Farage, Fk Corbyn its these shady fkers which are going to screw up the entire process for everyone.

This is absolutely pointless, Cons don't have the majority to get anything through and Corbyn won't support any deal at all put forward by the Con's.

........... and we thought the EU were our opponents, their being more fkin reasonable than our own Parliament!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:19 pm

EliteKiller wrote:All those posters who said Boris would never get elected, Boris would be voted out, Boris would never get a Deal with the EU, are now left hanging on to praying that a few MP's can stop the seemingly inevitable UK exit .... it's only a matter of time now.

Its all fair and well getting a deal with the EU depending on what they feel they're getting out of it, May already proved you could............. but getting it through our extremist Parliament is another thing altogether.

Do you actually have faith any deal will get through?

Remainers who want nothing other than staying as we are, No Deal Leavers who are more extreme than JRM, and worst of all Corbyn who controls the 2nd largest majority out to sabotage anything Boris brings back because he doesn't want to hand the Con's victory at any cost.

............. it won't happen.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

These proposals risk triggering a race to the bottom on rights and protections: putting food safety at risk, cutting environmental standards and workers’ rights, and opening up our NHS to a takeover by US private corporations.

“ .

Hes saying here basically what youve previously said youre concerned about
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

These proposals risk triggering a race to the bottom on rights and protections: putting food safety at risk, cutting environmental standards and workers’ rights, and opening up our NHS to a takeover by US private corporations.

“ .

I’m pretty positive that Boris could have negotiated a deal that answers every concern possible, and Corbyn would still find fault with it and vote against it. He knows that if a deal does go through, it will mean him and his party will become even more isolated than ever.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:50 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

Yes but that's not necessarily what's going to happen, he's basically saying he doesn't want us out of the EU regs at all because he doesn't trust the Con's to run this country.

If that's the case then he's not going to back ANY deal no matter how good it is, the issue I have with Corbyn is he's hot stepping all over the place so he doesn't have to admit his real stance.

He wants Remain or at worst a close Norway but he won't come out and say it, if the Gov't and the people knew his position then maybe they wouldn't be wasting their time trying to even get a deal knowing full well ALL of them are going to get shot down.

As of my opinion, I'm not sure, there's no guarantee we're going to hand America anything, too much is being made of our reliance on them.
We'll be striking up deals globally and as this is a friendly deal, still be heavily reliant on Europe so I don't think that American take over scenario is a fair assessment in this situation ............. that would be more likely in No Deal.

This is a deal so not the same situation.

Regardless, its not going through anyway as per Corbyn.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

I’m pretty positive that Boris could have negotiated a deal that answers every concern possible, and Corbyn would still find fault with it and vote against it. He knows that if a deal does go through, it will mean him and his party will become even more isolated than ever.

Of course he wouldn't back it. He's been saying for weeks that Labour would refuse to back any deal brought back by Boris. He's used brexit as a political football from day 1, and is still doing it.

He wants to avoid no deal, and at the same time he wants to avoid a deal. He wants a general election, then he doesn't want one. He disagrees with the idea of even having an EU, and yet he now apparently want closer ties with it than any deal so far has proposed.

The deluded old fool doesn't know what he wants from one day to the next. Best pack him off to a retirement home for washed up communists so he can rant all day from his armchair in the communal room.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

Yes but that's not necessarily what's going to happen, he's basically saying he doesn't want us out of the EU regs at all because he doesn't trust the Con's to run this country.

If that's the case then he's not going to back ANY deal no matter how good it is, the issue I have with Corbyn is he's hot stepping all over the place so he doesn't have to admit his real stance.

He wants Remain or at worst a close Norway but he won't come out and say it, if the Gov't and the people knew his position then maybe they wouldn't be wasting their time trying to even get a deal knowing full well ALL of them are going to get shot down.

As of my opinion, I'm not sure, there's no guarantee we're going to hand America anything, too much is being made of our reliance on them.
We'll be striking up deals globally and as this is a friendly deal, still be heavily reliant on Europe so I don't think that American take over scenario is a fair assessment in this situation ............. that would be more likely in No Deal.

Corbyn is 100% right.

The cons cant be trusted, they WILL sell us out wholesale to America. They WILL rent our workers arses out and they WILL manafactue a low tax, low wage, low rights economy. Its in their fabric. Its everything they believe in.

The only thing he will never accept is that he is helping to keep the cons in power

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:31 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

Corbyn is 100% right.

The cons cant be trusted, they WILL sell us out wholesale to America. They WILL rent our workers arses out and they WILL manafactue a low tax, low wage, low rights economy. Its in their fabric. Its everything they believe in.

The only thing he will never accept is that he is helping to keep the cons in power

You seem to be forgetting one important fact.

If the electorate don't like the policies of one government or other they can stop voting for them. Then a new government can put an end to those policies.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I think if it looks like Corbyn can't whip every Labour MP to vote against this deal, he'll propose a confirmatory vote.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

Corbyn is 100% right.

You seem to be forgetting one important fact.

If the electorate don't like the policies of one government or other they can stop voting for them. Then a new government can put an end to those policies.

All I ever hear from brexiteers is how we can maybe repair the damage it will cause, or how if everything goes exactly to plan we might end up neutral

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:56 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

“ .

Corbyn is 100% right.

Don't be obtuse about it, you know exactly what that means, it means Labour will never accept ANY version of a Conservative Brexit and what pisses me off is their lying asses are still wasting everyone's time, the Lib Dems are at least being clear, they want Remain or nothing.

Corbyns pissing around is giving the public etc the false impression that they in their words "respect the referendum" when they fkin don't, never did, never had any intention to which makes all these deal talks a waste of fkin time due to the Con's lack of a majority.

People are going to realise this after Boris brings this back and Corbyn will be exposed, Mays deal was different everyone hated it, this time the rats are losing their masks.

.......... also you don't know if the Cons will sell us out to America, they're businessmen as well, yes they prob want a Capitalist utopia but they also want power and they won't have that dishing it all up for the yanks.

Either way it doesn't change the status quo which is Brexit is still and won't be served.

Boris should put his deal vs Remain to the people in a referendum, that's the only way to get a true mandate to strong arm Parliament.

That would be his best shot because if Labour knock this down and all Boris is left with is No Deal, he'll never win.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate