Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Angelito wrote:

Dumb and Dumber.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StockGooner » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

https://www.goal.com/en-om/news/hes-not ... kub5tnj3m4

https://www.goal.com/en-kw/news/former- ... qbvtwpk6m0

You really are an embarrassment.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.

I don't get the bold bit of this post. At no point in DGs post did he bring up or mention being an Emery fan boy. I don't know anyone on here that is a massive Emery fan where they back him beyond doubt.

But this seems to be a poke in the ribs from a Mod. This whole forum is so aggressive nowadays. You are either Emery In or Emery Out. You're an Ozil fan or an Ozil hater. What the hell? Doesn't help when a mod is CLEARLY one of those and contributes to these discussions in a quite dismissive and obnoxious manner.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rockape » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Very true....When I first joined this forum, I was impressed with Angelito’s posts as solid sensible and well argued.

In the past year, he has got sooo bogged down with the Ozil situation, despite having no inner information on what is going in the club, it’s become ridiculous. Added to that is his anger with Emery as the protagonist in the aforementioned situation.....and he’s lost all reason.

So basically he’s gone from Anchor to w***er! ;)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 pm

84% of forum members voted that they're Emery Out despite us being 3rd in the league and 1 point away from the champions because they see we aren't performing well. What Emery cult, Angelito?

Not to dogpile on you now but this is the type of post that i couldn't understand last season and i still don't understand it even though I've switched on Emery.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 am

StockGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

https://www.goal.com/en-om/news/hes-not ... kub5tnj3m4

https://www.goal.com/en-kw/news/former- ... qbvtwpk6m0

You really are an embarrassment.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.

I don't get the bold bit of this post. At no point in DGs post did he bring up or mention being an Emery fan boy. I don't know anyone on here that is a massive Emery fan where they back him beyond doubt.

But this seems to be a poke in the ribs from a Mod. This whole forum is so aggressive nowadays. You are either Emery In or Emery Out. You're an Ozil fan or an Ozil hater. What the hell? Doesn't help when a mod is CLEARLY one of those and contributes to these discussions in a quite dismissive and obnoxious manner.

Regarding the bit in bold, are you seriously telling me you don't see it in multiple posts on the forum, those that choose to ignore Emery's obvious faults - I assume because they are just happy Wenger is gone???

Ignoring Emery's faults is EXACTLY what the Wengerites did and look what that did to the club. Angelito refuses to do the same again and neither will I, its why we have been so vocal about Emery's faults/mistakes.

Angelito didn't say DG said it, its obvious he is referring to other posters.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 am

Which posters are u referring to exactly?

Names

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:57 am

Nah, its more fun this way, those that know I am talking about them know, those that are unsure will wonder if I mean them, those that don't care won't care.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:26 am

I dont care if hes a good manager or a bad manager

If hes a bad manager who somehow lucks his way to results. I do not care

All this, people losing their minds, and we're doing well. Come back to me at the end of the season if we've failed to qualify for the CL and been crap in the cups

Until then, give it a fuckin rest
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 am

theHotHead wrote:DG, sorry mate but Emery's squads are miles better than Wenger's in his last 4 or 5 seasons. We have a better goal keeper, better CBs, better midfielders and better forwards. Now, thats Wenger's own fault but that's not the point.

Well it is, because that's the exact point I was making lol.

I stated I'm not saying Emery is better than Wenger or vice versa, I'm saying you can't use "better squad" against Emery because Wenger made sure his squad was worse, Emery isn't even in charge of his squad transfers.

All of the deadwood we just cleared out Elneny and a host of others over the last 2 seasons were all Wenger players.

We're only now seeing his players down to a minimum of the team, the fact that he didn't want Auba and had to be over ruled yet Auba is our best player speaks volumes.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am

Jedi wrote:84% of forum members voted that they're Emery Out despite us being 3rd in the league and 1 point away from the champions because they see we aren't performing well. What Emery cult, Angelito?

Not to dogpile on you now but this is the type of post that i couldn't understand last season and i still don't understand it even though I've switched on Emery.

You've switched and you've switched for a reason. What saddens me is people who never watched Emery before that Man City game trotting out and trying to "explain" the situation to some of us. If the name were Wenger, we'd have a different pivot here altogether.

I'm sorry if I bothered to lay down facts and provide an actual basis to my argument instead of what those two folks above you, and several other people here, have been doing—making personal comments rather than coming out to defend Emery in a logical way.

I've seen quite some dramatic meltdowns this year and shit-storm just because I dared criticize Emery and his ways.

When I talked about the cult of Emery, it was taking into consideration our fanbase, not just members here. However, as HH said, members here continuously turn a blind eye to Emery's failings.

Here's a live example: The catastrophic collapse last season culminated by that damning defeat in a European Final received less mileage than I, personally, am receiving in this thread in this page alone.

:kiss:

I'm going to go ahead and stir the pot again. Even today, some Wenger Out ultras shit on Wenger all day and night, yet blindly defend Emery. I do remember the initial excuse, "Anyone can do better than Wenger," has slowly morphed into, "Top-4 Yay!" when these very people wanted Wenger out even when we were winning trophies and finishing in the top-4.

Now, before I have to endure further due to the collective poor comprehension of some here, I'd like to clarify that most of us wanted Wenger gone for a reason; for a simple reason that Wenger was losing his magical touch and Wenger wasn't good enough to lead us forward. He'd done his bit. This was during a time when we were still playing beautiful football, we were still attacking geniuses, we were still finishing in the top-4, and we were still winning trophies.

If a fanbase could want its greatest manager ever, and Premier League's most revolutionary manager ever, out from the club, what makes you think that we would tolerate this shit-housing by a tactically rigid, uninspiring, and uncharismatic manager?

But there are some for whom it's as if the job is done. Those people turn a blind eye on Emery's fault, try to censor the discussion here, and lose their shit when opinions and discussions aren't framed to their liking.

You've read the last few pages. I responded to DG detailing about Wenger and Emery. One of the responses I got to my initial post was akin to teenage girl losing her shit.

The very notion of debating, arguing, and agreeing to disagree has gone to pits in this board since the mission accomplished brigade have started running amok.

You admitted it yourself that you didn't want to dogpile on me. Why? Because you very well know that instead of discussing about Emery, I'm having to deal with posters who act like cultists here. Who aren't interested in presenting solid facts and evidences, but rather are willing to censor the types of discussions.

It's as clear as day for everyone to see it. I know very well what I said. And I stand by it. The reaction to my posts in the past few pages vindicated my stance, if anything.

Such "dogpiling" behavior revealed the very thing some of you were arguing against.

:smart:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:49 am

Are you being serious?

This is as close to a WUM post as you'll get, how many times do you want to keep calling people Cultists and acting like girls?

You are as guilty as most as causing a "Us vs them" atmosphere around here, same way you've just done mentioning me like I stick up for Emery in that way, which is hilarious seeing as I've been clear on his faults and said Top 4 or leave .......... how in the hell is that equivalent to a Wengerite? who didn't want him gone even when we got 5th or 6th.

Apples and Oranges but your continued use of comparing the two is simply to wind people up because your furious about Ozil's treatment in particular.

Just because people are saying (UFGN included) that they'll reserve a final judgement until the end of this season doesn't give you the right to consistently call them "Fanboys".

Its not the same and you know it.

............ any way, you carry on, your clearly on a mission.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Are you being serious?

This is as close to a WUM post as you'll get, how many times do you want to keep calling people Cultists and acting like girls?

You are as guilty as most as causing a "Us vs them" atmosphere around here, same way you've just done mentioning me like I stick up for Emery in that way, which is hilarious seeing as I've been clear on his faults and said Top 4 or leave .......... how in the hell is that equivalent to a Wengerite? who didn't want him gone even when we got 5th or 6th.

Apples and Oranges but your continued use of comparing the two is simply to wind people up because your furious about Ozil's treatment in particular.

Just because people are saying (UFGN included) that they'll reserve a final judgement until the end of this season doesn't give you the right to consistently call them "Fanboys".

I mentioned your name because this whole thing was blown out after my response to you.

Nothing to do with you personally. The rest is pure conjecture from your end.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am

Angelito wrote:

I mentioned your name because this whole thing was blown out after my response to you.

I just think you should take a step back and appreciate other peoples positions without getting involved in making it an argument.

You want Emery out, fine, what's the big deal? Ach wants Emery in, again, so what?

Why are some on here so afraid of others opinions?

Now if we don't get top 4 the bottom will drop out under any support of Emery, if we make top 3 or at least top 4, support for Emery will have grounds ............ until that result comes clear there is no space for venom being spat either way.

Yes you can critic his way of setting up the team, I've done that myself but all of this rowing is preemptive especially when we're currently 3rd.

What's missing around here is a little respect for other peoples opinions.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

What's missing around here is a little respect for other peoples opinions.

It is coming from a guy who called Wenger Ins "the people with daddy issues" for a whole year :rofll: :rofll:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football