Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:You’ll never win anything with kids.

I think Jermaine Depree won a Grammy with Lil Bow Wow so...………………………………………..

They have no idea who you're talking about. Lol.

I don't think Bow Wow won a Grammy. Kriss Kross won though.

Haha!

I knew it was one of his groups. Maybe Da Brat too?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 pm

StLGooner wrote:

:lol:

I'll take 'Names I Haven't Heard in Years' for $800, Alex.

btw didn't Bow Wow drop the Lil' around the time of Tokyo Drift? I can't remember.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

They have no idea who you're talking about. Lol.

I don't think Bow Wow won a Grammy. Kriss Kross won though.

Haha!

I knew it was one of his groups. Maybe Da Brat too?

Nah, had to look it up. She didn't get one either. I know for sure J Kwon hasn't got one.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm

LMAO wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

:lol:

I'll take 'Names I Haven't Heard in Years' for $800, Alex.

btw didn't Bow Wow drop the Lil' around the time of Tokyo Drift? I can't remember.

Around that time I think.

Yea he all growed up now! :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

https://www.goal.com/en-om/news/hes-not ... kub5tnj3m4

https://www.goal.com/en-kw/news/former- ... qbvtwpk6m0

You really are an embarrassment.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.

Wtf is this?

All your points are erroneous.

What has Utd's ability of revenue and shirt sales got to do with scoring goals on the pitch? our squad was every bit as good as theirs, in fact our ST were better, they had Dwight Yorke and Cole, we had Henry and Bergkamp or Henry and RVP!!

Fergie is a better manager, more competitive, more driven to win an actual title than Wenger who was a dreamer and had philosophies of football and low transfers, all Fergie wanted to do was win trophies ............. anyone who is anyone know's who the better manager was, Fergie is going down as possibly the best of all time.

Secondly about our current squad compared to Wengers, again, deluded for two reasons.

Firstly Wenger had RVP, Rosicky, Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla and co, secondly and even worse, the reason Wenger's last season team wasn't as good as this current one was all DOWN TO HIM, he was in charge of transfers, he was the one who encouraged frugal spending, he was the one who bought countless low budget players every fkin year who turned out to be flops ........... he was the one that had to be forced into buying out BEST current player ffs in Auba, whom he tried to fight buying because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep his pet donkey Giroud.

Off your head mate.

In summary, Fergie is the better manager and whether Wenger is better than Emery or not is neither here nor there, we could never assemble a title winning squad because 10 years ago Wenger decided he didn't want to win trophies anymore because it was too expensive .......... facts!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Wenger and Dein have both thrown their support behind Emery. Despite the shocking treatment the club handed them, they’re still loyal. So proud of my boys.

Wish you would of followed him out of the club, glad we won the battle and got that man out of this organisation.

One of our best managers, sure, a decade ago, he abused his position and wayyy out stayed his welcome, not a real man like Fergie.

Fergie would of rather left than failed, that difference in desire and class is always why Wenger was 2nd rate to Fergie.

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world.

The same thing Wenger did with both his hands tied behind his back has become the gold standard at Arsenal today.

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot.

I can understand the cult of Wenger at Arsenal for obvious reasons. What I can't fathom is where this cult of Emery has come from.

Weird.

Wtf is this?

What has Utd's ability of revenue and shirt sales got to do with scoring goals on the pitch? our squad was every bit as good as theirs, in fact our ST were better, they had Dwight Yorke and Cole, we had Henry and Bergkamp or Henry and RVP!!

Fergie is a better manager, more competitive, more driven to win an actual title than Wenger who was a dreamer and had philosophies of football and low transfers, all Fergie wanted to do was win trophies ............. anyone who is anyone know's who the better manager was, Fergie is going down as possibly the best of all time.

Secondly about our current squad compared to Wengers, again, deluded for two reasons.

Firstly Wenger had RVP, Rosicky, Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla and co, secondly and even worse, the reason Wenger's last season team wasn't as good as this current one was all DOWN TO HIM, he was in charge of transfers, he was the one who encouraged frugal spending, he was the one who bought countless low budget players every fkin year who turned out to be flops ........... he was the one that had to be forced into buying out BEST current player ffs in Auba, whom he tried to fight buying because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep his pet donkey Giroud.

Off your head mate.

In summary, Fergie is the better manager and whether Wenger is better than Emery or not is neither here nor there, we could never assemble a title winning squad because 10 years ago Wenger decided he didn't want to win trophies anymore because it was too expensive .......... facts!!

I’d argue with you but I’m trying to reduce my consumption of plastics.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Angelito wrote:

Wenger never failed. He simply didn't manage a club that was the biggest and richest in England and #1 in generating revenue around the world

PATHETIC. READ YOUR HISTORY. WE HAVE AT NO POINT BEEN THE BIGGEST OR RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD. WE'VE ALWAYS HAD TO BEAT BIGGER AND RICHER CLUBS TO WIN HONOURS

FOR YOU MAYBE. IT IS THE TARGET AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING TO REBUILD AND MOVE FORWARD

With a squad that's twice as good as Wenger's squads this decade, Emery hasn't impressed one bit. Says a lot

WENGERS SQUADS ARE WENGERS FAULT. AND SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, I THINK WERE DOING OK

TROLLING NOW. REPORTED TO OTHER MODS

What the f**k did I just read?

Wow.

This is insulting to the club and its fans.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:01 am

Woah this thread has really gone to hell the last few pages.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:10 am

elkanofan wrote:Woah this thread has really gone to hell the last few pages.

Because that troll DG is running wild.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Weird.

Wtf is this?

Oh. By saying Wenger failed, I assumed you were referring to his post-Emirates tenure and not when we had Henry and Bergkamp. Interestingly enough, it would be quite a spectacular failure if you meant that Wenger failed when we had those two players.

That's why I brought up the pieces about revenue and income. ManU out-earned every club in the Prem and in the world. Fergie had a leverage to spend break the English transfer record and spend £28m on Veron in 2001, £30m on Rooney in 2004, £30m on Ferdinand, etc. in 2002. That's Real-esque spending. Money was never an object for them. But we were sitting there having to pay an astronomical stadium debt. As Wenger stated, the turn over at that time was £90m and we had to play over £400m.

As long as we didn't have those restrictions, we competed for the title and we won the title. It's only after we couldn't compete financially that we slipped a notch to become a top-4 side. During the same period, Chelsea arrived and how. A few years later, City started out-spending the world.

You can add those variables and understand yourself how we slid down the table. It was purely financial and nothing else. Why don't you absorb these facts instead and think? Would give you a clearer picture.

Off your head mate.

I don't know where to begin with this one.

Wenger had van Persie during the austerity years. We only started spending a little bit freely from the summer of 2013. During the period, we did win 3 FA Cups. We still didn't have the money to compete with City, Chelsea, and United now. Previously, it was competing with United. Post-2013, we had to compete with City, United, and Chelsea.

In addition, did we ever have a better squad than City or Chelsea during that timeframe? No, we didn't.

I've already talked about our frugal spending. We came out of the transition phase very healthy. It was the club's fault that we offered Wenger that extension in 16/17, or didn't go for Klopp during 15/16.

Your last bit about Auba and Giroud is just making shit up. Didn't think we'd have to go down to make shit up to make a point. Very disappointing.

Lastly, Wenger dropped Giroud and favored Alexis as a CF during his final seasons here. That's why Giroud left. The same thing with Giroud—a good player but well beneath what we were used to in the past—is what's happening with Emery today. Back then, there was a cult of Giroud. Today, there is a cult of Emery. You know it as well how Giroud supporters came up with arguments that no one better was available, how Giroud is a beast, how Giroud is the best we could have, etc.

There's no point twisting the narrative today. The squad today is significantly better than what Wenger's had this decade. Is it Wenger's fault? Some of it is. But what was the major issue? We simply didn't have the resources we have today. That's not even competing with the likes of ManU, City, Chelsea, and even 'Pool today.

If you want a list of flop or mediocre players Fergie bought, despite having unlimited resources, I'm happy to provide you one. If anything, Wenger's done considerably well with the meagre resources he's had at his disposal.

Just don't make up stuff to prove a point. Don't stoop to that level.

Whether SAF is a better manager than Wenger, that's debatable. Whether SAF has won more and accomplished more as a manager, that's not debatable.

Finally, you're again making up stuff. Wenger didn't decide not to win trophies. We simply didn't have the resources to compete with United, Chelsea, and City, hence, it had become an impossible to task to build a title-winning side when you have to pay a huge debt.

We still won trophies and we still finished in the top-4—the holy grail for some today.

It's easier to react like you have. It's more difficult to leave your biases behind and see the situation for what it is. If you look at it linearly, you will come up with simplistic conclusions. But if you factor in the variables that affected us severely, you'll have a clear, albeit unpopular, picture.

:Peace:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:28 am

DG, sorry mate but Emery's squads are miles better than Wenger's in his last 4 or 5 seasons. We have a better goal keeper, better CBs, better midfielders and better forwards. Now, thats Wenger's own fault but that's not the point.

And the fact that we are continually comparing what Emery is doing/achieving with what shit Wenger achieved should tell everyone that Emery aint doing shit!

The club was toxic in Wenger's last years, he killed the club at the point he was sacked, Emery brought in some enthusiasm but a lot of that has quickly disappeared because we are seeing too many parallels with Wenger, stupid/baffling tactical and squad decisions and a team devoid of the ability to defend and that play shit football.

Meet the new manager, same as the old manager.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 am

22 years
17 trophies
Only one Arsene Wenger
Emery Out!
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp