Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Zenith wrote:
Sims wrote:
Zenith wrote:Was just as bad, if not worse than Pépé, but this doesn't seem to get much attention.

He didn't cost £70m and will not be here next year in case he flops, so I guess that makes his miserable performanceS more acceptable to some.

Played a suicidal, horrible cross-field ball which was the catalyst for United winning the free kick on the egde of our box.

Continued to be loose in possession and got bypassed easily by United's players when defending.

You forgot that awful free kick

It was a horrible delivery - very disappointing.

What made it more exasperating is that just minutes earlier Nelson produced an equally terrible delivery from a corner kick.

The lack of form and confidence of some of our players almost seems contagious and continues to manifest itself across the squad.

You can forgive Nelson - he has no talent. I think he's got some kind of work experience placement in our team.
Ceballos is supposed to be a future starter at RM! I think the current players positions there are quite safe.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:26 pm

I think he'll hit form again, don't think that much rain is a benefit to his close ball to feet skills tbf.

He does need to work on his end product around the box though, seems reluctant to shoot or make an incisive pass but he's still a good ball carrier.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I think he'll hit form again, don't think that much rain is a benefit to his close ball to feet skills tbf.

He does need to work on his end product around the box though, seems reluctant to shoot or make an incisive pass but he's still a good ball carrier.

Don't get your hopes up. Flair players tend to struggle under Unai. He likes his midfielders strong and robust.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NovaGB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 pm

It doesn't help that Emery changes the team and the formation every game.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Angelito wrote:Don't get your hopes up. Flair players tend to struggle under Unai. He likes his midfielders strong and robust.

Yes but he's not short for energy, running or tracking back into midfield which is ok for Emery.

I don't think Torreira as a box to box will be starting for much longer over Cebellos.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:51 pm

Ceballos is nothing special. James Madison and Brooks seem far better than him. He'll be back to Real M anyway. So what's the point in thinking about him?
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I think he'll hit form again, don't think that much rain is a benefit to his close ball to feet skills tbf.

Don't get your hopes up. Flair players tend to struggle under Unai. He likes his midfielders strong and robust.

Verratti?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:55 pm

ag6789 wrote:Ceballos is nothing special. James Madison and Brooks seem far better than him. He'll be back to Real M anyway. So what's the point in thinking about him?

We should have tried to sign Madison. Brilliant player.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Verratti?

Verratti works extremely hard off the ball. He has that Spanish flair mixed with Italian persistence.

At PSG, however, it's alleged that he was told by the directors to deploy a 4-3-3 in his second season after that disastrous first season. He never really had much of a say in his 2nd season there.

But yes, one of the more recent examples of him playing a flair player even if dropping Verratti would have created a shit storm for Unai at PSG.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:39 am

ag6789 wrote:Ceballos is nothing special. James Madison and Brooks seem far better than him. He'll be back to Real M anyway. So what's the point in thinking about him?

Ceballos is much better technically than both these guys, his problem is stamina and strength elated, i think it will take him till the new year to really adapt, if he don't he'll be back to Madrid, i think he will give it about 5 months and make a decision if he wants to stay or find a new club because I'm not sure Madrid want him back.

Wonderful player, has no power to his magic though, still quite weak in his conviction in his shots at times, his big problem is off the ball defensively he is truly hopeless at times, but he tires to help which is more than i can say for Ozil.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gamechannel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:14 am

Angelito wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Verratti?

Verratti works extremely hard off the ball. He has that Spanish flair mixed with Italian persistence.

At PSG, however, it's alleged that he was told by the directors to deploy a 4-3-3 in his second season after that disastrous first season. He never really had much of a say in his 2nd season there.

But yes, one of the more recent examples of him playing a flair player even if dropping Verratti would have created a shit storm for Unai at PSG.

Veratti is a born leader, hard worker that leads from the front. He's extremely influential in the PSG locker room. If Veratti has issues with the coach, it's pretty much over. And Veratti hated Emery. So that should tell you something.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Don't know what people were watching in that first half with the comments I saw but even more so second half he was a f***ing beast. Man has just got the natural mindset for attacking football and his vision is well up there...not Fabregas level...but one step down.

Only gripe is sometimes he takes 1-2 touches too many when trying to dig himself out or get past a player, otherwise games like tonight are what I expected from him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:13 pm

I hope we keep playing this guy in the same way he played last night. Closest thing we have to a Cazorla type in that CM role.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:18 am

Don't worry y'all, I don't think he's going back to Madrid.

Fede is f***ing amazing and Odegaard is going to take Modric's place. Even James has discovered you can do more than attack. I don't know if there's a spot for Ceballos anymore :(
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:37 pm

How does one say overrated in Spanish?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football