Dani Ceballos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Dani Ceballos (8)

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Great first game.

Not done anything since.

Do real have a early recall option?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Est83 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Plays better deeper next to a DM than as a number 10... at least that's what we've seen so far.

He's not exactly combative or physically imposing, but he presses and closes down enough to do well if partnered with an out and out DM like Torrieira. And I'd even risk playing Ozil in the same set-up.

Torrieira __ Cebellos
Ozil
Pep ___ Laca ___ Aub

Could bring the fluidity and midfield possession back. It'd be a shame to limit Geundouzi's chances though, he and Torrieira are the future and they're both showing some real grit!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Est83 wrote:Plays better deeper next to a DM than as a number 10... at least that's what we've seen so far.

He's not exactly combative or physically imposing, but he presses and closes down enough to do well if partnered with an out and out DM like Torrieira. And I'd even risk playing Ozil in the same set-up.

Torrieira __ Cebellos
Ozil
Pep ___ Laca ___ Aub

Could bring the fluidity and midfield possession back. It'd be a shame to limit Geundouzi's chances though, he and Torrieira are the future and they're both showing some real grit!

Agreed! Well said.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Guendouzi has been this season best player after auba. Should not be dropped for either torrito or ceballos

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Est83 wrote:Plays better deeper next to a DM than as a number 10... at least that's what we've seen so far.

Torrieira __ Cebellos
Ozil
Pep ___ Laca ___ Aub

That Burnley game was a solid performance. First time we looked fluid and had some semblance of control in ages. Would also go with Torriera and Celballos but I would also try Guendouzi in that set up just ahead of the pair. The way he's driving into the box, looking for the killer pass whether on the ground or over the top, attempting shots on goal...he could be lethal and he will also track back to help defend and control possession.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby mel4 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Dejan wrote:Guendouzi has been this season best player after auba. Should not be dropped for either torrito or ceballos

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Agreed.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Torrieira __ Cebellos
Ozil
Pep ___ Laca ___ Aub

Agreed! Well said.

me three.

=vewwy intewesting
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:18 pm

Was just as bad, if not worse than Pépé, but this doesn't seem to get much attention.

He didn't cost £70m and will not be here next year in case he flops, so I guess that makes his miserable performances more acceptable to some.

Played a suicidal, horrible cross-field ball which was the catalyst for United winning the free kick on the egde of our box.

Continued to be loose in possession and got bypassed easily by United's players when defending.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Zenith wrote:Was just as bad, if not worse than Pépé, but this doesn't seem to get much attention.

He didn't cost £70m and will not be here next year in case he flops, so I guess that makes his miserable performances more acceptable to some.

Played a suicidal, horrible cross-field ball which was the catalyst for United winning the free kick on the egde of our box.

Continued to be loose in possession and got bypassed easily by United's players when defending.

You forgot that awful free kick
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:20 pm

His set piece delivery is atrocious.

Bloke's dubbed as some FK master too
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Zenith wrote:Was just as bad, if not worse than Pépé, but this doesn't seem to get much attention.

Not to me. No pass here.
Ceballos has been utterly shite after a good first game.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Apart from one game, he has been really bad.

He keeps either holding onto the ball too long or giving it away.

If this is the real him, I am not sure what he was doing on Real Madrid lol
Last edited by Mike Dean on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Sims wrote:

You forgot that awful free kick

It was a horrible delivery - very disappointing.

What made it more exasperating is that just minutes earlier Nelson produced an equally terrible delivery from a corner kick.

The lack of form and confidence of some of our players almost seems contagious and continues to manifest itself across the squad.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:22 pm

He’s been poor recently but again probably doesn’t have a clue what Emery wants from him and the midfield seems to change wry game. Play him consistently as the most advanced CM with 2 others behind him and he will be fine.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Santi wrote:He’s been poor recently but again probably doesn’t have a clue what Emery wants from him and the midfield seems to change wry game. Play him consistently as the most advanced CM with 2 others behind him and he will be fine.

This.

If most of your players are clueless, especially the quality ones, you need to question the manager.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football