British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Your the worst reactionary on here.

For the last 3 weeks you've been reeling off Guardian articles claiming the end of democracy, end of food and medicine, a take over of the Far Right.

Its been down right embarrassing.

The reason as you say "IDGAF" is because unlike you (and I've been doing this for a while) I've read enough of the political landscape to forecast practically everything .......... and I've been right numerous times in these discussions.

So let me give you another Mystic Meg moment ............ No Deal is highly likely all Boris can offer, but No Deal will never be allowed by Parliament, so why your sh*ting your kegs is just sad to watch because it ain't gonna happen.

Yes I DGAF because I know this charade is far from over.

Do you know what it'll take to enact No Deal?

So unlike what your Guardian will admit I'll tell you ..............

To enact No Deal the Con's will need no less than a GE with a majority win and then / or a new Referendum for the mandate.

A Referendum where they will have to convince all of the 52% (whom probably at least half only voted based on Leave getting a deal) to go for No Deal.

Now UFGN .......... do yourself a favor, stop embarrassing yourself and do the maths, what percentage do you give to No Deal ever fkin happening based on that?

I give it ........... 10% chance at best.

The only way Leave could squeeze through No Deal is win a large majority, of that majority the Con seats will have to be almost all Leavers ........... but even that outside chance relies on Parliament agreeing a GE to begin with, which they've already declined.
On top of that Boris won't call a referendum because he know's he won't win a majority running on No Deal as his only option.

So that is why I'm not panicking or reacting, they'll play out what's left of the sideshow so that the plebs like you have a tune to dance to while the political class ride it out.

If the EU don't grant an extension No Deal happens on the 31st October regardless of what Boris, Corbyn, the Queen or the Courts have to say ... right now that's looking far more likely than a 10% chance ... Boris can propose a crazy Leave Deal which the EU either accept or the EU kick us out ... just how does Boris not achieve "leave" given these are the only current scenarios?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 am

EliteKiller wrote:If the EU don't grant an extension No Deal happens on the 31st October regardless of what Boris, Corbyn, the Queen or the Courts have to say ... right now that's looking far more likely than a 10% chance ... Boris can propose a crazy Leave Deal which the EU either accept or the EU kick us out ... just how does Boris not achieve "leave" given these are the only current scenarios?

Nope.

Not a chance in hell.

The EU know how close they are to getting us to Remain and Parliament has shown their Remainer colours and the ability to block Brexit.

The EU are going to extend no matter what "tough talk" they give in the mean time.

Boris has been instructed by law to ask for an extension and to accept it unless a deal is struck (which it won't be) the only shade of grey is that Boris is threatening to not follow the ruling of Parliament ............ however I know these are just idle threats.

Even Boris knows we're not ready for No Deal.

I'll sit and watch, and I'll be right, I already called the October extension and us not leaving, this forecast of that going through will be just another formality.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:05 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Nope.

Not a chance in hell.

The EU know how close they are to getting us to Remain and Parliament has shown their Remainer colours and the ability to block Brexit.

The EU are going to extend no matter what "tough talk" they give in the mean time.

Boris has been instructed by law to ask for an extension and to accept it unless a deal is struck (which it won't be) the only shade of grey is that Boris is threatening to not follow the ruling of Parliament ............ however I know these are just idle threats.

I'll sit and watch, and I'll be right, I already called the October extension and us not leaving, this forecast of that going through will be just another formality.

Why do you think the EU are so keen on keeping the UK? three years ago maybe now they must see we're just a slow poison ... Brexit won't go away it will keep coming back until one day it happens ... why would the EU want to keep that gun pointed at it's head?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:48 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Nope.

Not a chance in hell.

Why do you think the EU are so keen on keeping the UK? three years ago maybe now they must see we're just a slow poison ... Brexit won't go away it will keep coming back until one day it happens ... why would the EU want to keep that gun pointed at it's head?

If they turn us around it proves their position is strong but that's the very least of the reason they want is to stay.

We pay in billions as a member.

Our armed forces being members increases the EU's potency military wise.

We're the EU's best customer / consumer and them having access to tariff free exports gives their companies a market edge over everyone else, we're also the most gullible consumers in Europe and willfully pay over the odds and extra tax on everything so we're the perfect dumb sh*t consumers.

Access to our fishing waters.

Nominal control over London's financial hub because the EU create the rules and governance on how we practice our financial market.

Last but certainly not least and the thing their probably most scared of ........... our portion of immigration.

Do you know what happens if we're out of free movement and are able to decide our own immigration quota? the Far Right factions like La Penne, Italy's growing parties, Eastern Europe etc who all want out of the EU will grow in power as Britain could refuse immigrants meaning more by the thousands will end up in Germany, Italy and France.

That alone is worth keeping us, did you notice the FIRST thing the EU mentioned when we had the referendum was this "There will be NO deal without Freedom of movement and full Single Market membership".

Meaning we must accept immigrants and follow their rules and remain tariff free so Germany's and Frances industry's can continue booming ........... their priorities spelled out for you.

Yes by the love of god, the EU are sweating that we "Remain", they're only talking tough because they know they have a Parliament full of traitors and Remainers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Corbyn conspiring with momentum comrades to get rid of Tom Watson.

Too right wing for them!
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:35 am

So, it is now official Labour policy that private schools will be made illegal, and all of their assets will be seized by the State.

You couldn't make it up. Who in their right mind would vote for this bunch of rabid communists?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 am

Very true, it’s just incredible how our political parties have descended into utter jokes in the space of a few short years!

I’m still sitting open mouthed at the declaration from the Lib Dem’s that they will cancel Brexit if they get elected. Just beyond belief!

With the Tories in such a mess, you’d think they would be as weak as a kitten, but in reality are in a stronger position than ever.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 am

Rockape wrote:Very true, it’s just incredible how our political parties have descended into utter jokes in the space of a few short years!

I’m still sitting open mouthed at the declaration from the Lib Dem’s that they will cancel Brexit if they get elected. Just beyond belief!

With the Tories in such a mess, you’d think they would be as weak as a kitten, but in reality are in a stronger position than ever.

I guess all the Lib Dems can do is revoke Article 50.

The decision to leave the EU is written in law, so they can't just cancel it. They'd have to have another referendum I think. Or ignore the referendum result and try to get the law changed in Parliament to get the whole thing cancelled. I don't know if Parliament could do that or not.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am

And in regard to the Politburo announcement about seizing control of private schools, even Comrade McDonnell questions the legality of it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Comrade Abbott says she has no regrets about having sent her own son to a private school, but voted to support the Party stance on banning them.

Nice! You had the choice to get your kid privately educated but you want to remove it as a choice for other parents.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Its a stupid solution to problems that do need fixing

1) Far too many politicians, including Prime Ministers, from a tiny number of elite schools. Doesn't matter how you spin it, that is unacceptable in the 21st century

2) "Academies" are complete bullshit. Awful idea that needs to be reversed

3) A number of schools, and organisations which run schools, which are not fit for purpose and need to have their licences revoked. (Id be happy to name names, but.... libel etc)
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:10 pm

You will always have a situation whereby the majority of the most successful people in any country are educated at the best schools. That's about money.

Rich people will pay the extra money to get their kids a better education. Anyone would do it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:You will always have a situation whereby the majority of the most successful people in any country are educated at the best schools. That's about money.

Rich people will pay the extra money to get their kids a better education. Anyone would do it.

Its got nothing to do with the quality of the education. Its purely and simply to do with networking, the school tie etc

As I said, it doesn't matter how you spin it. The idea in the 21st century that such a percentage of leaders should come from what, 8 boarding schools and two or three universities is indefensible
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:44 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:You will always have a situation whereby the majority of the most successful people in any country are educated at the best schools. That's about money.

Its got nothing to do with the quality of the education. Its purely and simply to do with networking, the school tie etc

As I said, it doesn't matter how you spin it. The idea in the 21st century that such a percentage of leaders should come from what, 8 boarding schools and two or three universities is indefensible

Yes I'll give you that regarding the old school tie.

What would you suggest can be done about it?

It's natural in all walks of life for people to give people they know a foot in the door or a hand up the ladder.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Yes I'll give you that regarding the old school tie.

What would you suggest can be done about it?

It's natural in all walks of life for people to give people they know a foot in the door or a hand up the ladder.

It is for parties to think very carefully about who they are putting forward as parliamentary candidates, and if they are genuinely people chosen based on ability and nothing else

Johnson is our second Bullingdon club PM in.a row. Its disgusting.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate