Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 am

He's no RB. Piss poor defending. I was saying during the game that he won't really get a shot as a winger or CM but considering what I've seen from Xhaka and Pepe included.....why not? He has two assists this season and I have no problem with him when he attacks. It's his defending that's really poor. He doesn't get tight enough and has a really poor tackling technique where he stabs and pokes at the ball. But to be fair, they were all giving the Watford players too much space. There were moments where Guendouzi was supposed to shuffle over to cover the wing whilst AMN stayed back to cover but there massive gaps and it looked like there was confusion over who was supposed to be covering that area. The same continued when Torreira came on and watched both him and AMN just allow the Watford plays to have the ball with no pressure. The same was happening on the opposite wing with Kolasinac. It was a mess.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 am

Power n Glory wrote:He's no RB. Piss poor defending. I was saying during the game that he won't really get a shot as a winger or CM but considering what I've seen from Xhaka and Pepe included.....why not?

Because he's crap that's why.

The fact that you can't see what the real issue is, is worrying.

He was CM, then moved to LB now your talking about a winger ............

Face the facts, he's a poor footballer, its not rocket science.

Again what top 4 team would have AMN in their team as a winger? you want us to replace Pepe with AMN? are you insane?

People just need to let this one go, he's had loads of 1st team appearances, we've seen all we need to see.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He's no RB. Piss poor defending. I was saying during the game that he won't really get a shot as a winger or CM but considering what I've seen from Xhaka and Pepe included.....why not?

Because he's crap that's why.

The fact that you can't see what the real issue is, is worrying.

He was CM, then moved to LB now your talking about a winger ............

Face the facts, he's a poor footballer, its not rocket science.

Again what top 4 team would have AMN in their team as a winger? you want us to replace Pepe with AMN? are you insane?

People just need to let this one go, he's had loads of 1st team appearances, we've seen all we need to see.

Compelling argument and well thought through. Blind anger won't convince me to think your way. It's a waste of time discussing this with you if that's the level of thought going behind your posts.

He's poor on defence but we don't have many other options since Bellerin is injured. We can either play Chambers or Mustafi there instead until Bellerin is fit. It's on the manager to make that decision.

Fact is, AMN has shown more going forward then he has at defending. He has two assists this season and suppose Emery is playing him because of the qualities he has going forward at the expense of our defence. We can minimise the damage done by his poor defending and put him in a position where his weak areas are less exposed and we get more out of his strengths. On Thursday and in most cup competitions, Emery should experiment with him in other positions because it's obvious he's no RB and we are short on options.

AMN also has to make a case for himself because he's blowing his chance but I won't be too harsh because he's not a natural RB. Plus, as I've always said, he's from the Arsenal youth system, from a similar background and I have more patience for such player because I want to see him succeed.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:20 pm

His position doesn’t matter, his attitude is the problem.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:40 am

Video link to interview below.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... tility-man

"I'm a midfielder by trade, either central or on the wing, it's all the same to me. I'm not a defender so I do get a lot of stick about my defending being poor, but it's something I'm learning and have been learning for a couple of years now.

"It's not going to come overnight. If I was a defender as a kid, and my defending was poor, I would understand where the criticism is coming from, but I'm trying my best for the team and for the manager.

"It's not where I would choose to put myself in the team, as I'm an attacking player by trade. That's all I can try to bring to the team. I'm still learning the defensive side, so when players are running at me, and they're throwing skills at me, I'm still learning how to deal with that.

"It's always nice to have one main position where you play, and everyone else gets to play in their main position, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before I can do that too."
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby knowledge93 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 am

Power n Glory wrote:Video link to interview below.

"I'm a midfielder by trade, either central or on the wing, it's all the same to me. I'm not a defender so I do get a lot of stick about my defending being poor, but it's something I'm learning and have been learning for a couple of years now.

"It's not going to come overnight. If I was a defender as a kid, and my defending was poor, I would understand where the criticism is coming from, but I'm trying my best for the team and for the manager.

"It's not where I would choose to put myself in the team, as I'm an attacking player by trade. That's all I can try to bring to the team. I'm still learning the defensive side, so when players are running at me, and they're throwing skills at me, I'm still learning how to deal with that.

"It's always nice to have one main position where you play, and everyone else gets to play in their main position, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before I can do that too."

I like the lad but the problem is he messes up simple passes. It doesn't matter where you are on the pitch, you should be able to make a 5 to 10 yard passm
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 am

knowledge93 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Video link to interview below.

I like the lad but the problem is he messes up simple passes. It doesn't matter where you are on the pitch, you should be able to make a 5 to 10 yard passm

He has two assists this season. That excellent pass for the winner against Newcastle and the 2nd goal against Watford.

He's cool under pressure in the attacking third but when under pressure defending deep, that's not the case and it's a different scenario when you're pinned back, trying to beat the press but have fewer passing options.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am

That's the interview of a guy desperately trying to save his career as its going down the pan.

Last year he said he wanted to make RB his position, now he's coming under fire he's falling back on the "Its not my position" excuse.

If people want to gloss over the obvious then that's fine, you'll only end up disappointed.

The obvious being that AMN is not good enough for a top 4 team or even top 8 team in ANY position.

He's being used as a utility player by Wenger and Emery, two managers, as soon as Bellerin comes back AMN is history, he gives the ball away, messes up easy passes, his skill level simply isn't high enough.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Another great performance from this useless fkin excuse of a player.

:clap:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Won the ball

Gets a yellow

Crazy stuff
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Chambers RB vs Utd? :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Sims wrote:Won the ball

Gets a yellow

Crazy stuff

Ball first doesnt give you a freepass to keep going with your challenge.

hope he never plays for us again
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Shape of AMN trying to block that cross that lead to their goal then stupidly lunging in for that second yellow, it'll take a miracle now for a W in this game. f**k SAKE
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:43 pm

themessiah wrote:Shape of AMN trying to block that cross that lead to their goal then stupidly lunging in for that second yellow, it'll take a miracle now for a W in this game. f**k SAKE

Lol, the Messiah called for a miracle, and he got one :arse fan:
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Hope I never see him play for us again.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football