Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:54 am

Sims wrote:

All with a better squad you know

So we have given him over 150 million to match wengers worst sting that got him sacked. I would love to see if the defense has improved
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:08 am

I'm all for giving a manager time to implement his ideas and bring in his own players. However in this case I can't because 1) I don't see a clear approach or style Uni is trying to embed. Seems to change on a game by game basis and 2) I honestly can't name one area that has improved under Unai. Not one.

Can anyone else answer that second point, asked multiple times but yet to get an answer from any of the UKB.

Q - Since taking over last year, name one area where Unai has improved us (i.e. attack, defence, style, mentality etc.).
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:26 am

Sims wrote:

It's a case of here is the new boss, same as the old boss.

We HAVE been fooled again!
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 am

Sims wrote:

We've spent approx. £200m in the last two summers. I don't see anyone talking about that.

It's the same old bullshit about Wenger, Wenger's players, Ozil, and Errr.. Yeah.

People are chanting about top-4 as if it's the Holy Grail when the same top-4 wasn't good enough when it came to Wenger.

Yet, some are still pinning their hopes on Hector Cafu, Rob Maldini, and Kieran Carlos returning to save us—two Wenger players. But it's the fault of Wenger players that Unai isn't winning the World Cup.

The double standards is baffling, but alas, it's disappointing because I thought we wanted Wenger gone because he wasn't up for it anymore. In reality, many wanted Wenger gone because they simply wanted anyone but Wenger.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:39 am

Angelito wrote:
Sims wrote:

We've spent approx. £200m in the last two summers. I don't see anyone talking about that.

It's the same old bullshit about Wenger, Wenger's players, Ozil, and Errr.. Yeah.

People are chanting about top-4 as if it's the Holy Grail when the same top-4 wasn't good enough when it came to Wenger.

Yet, some are still pinning their hopes on Hector Cafu, Rob Maldini, and Kieren Carlos returning to save us—two Wenger players. But it's the fault of Wenger players that Unai isn't winning the World Cup.

The double standards is baffling, but alas, it's disappointing because I thought we wanted Wenger gone because he wasn't up for it anymore. In reality, many wanted Wenger gone because they simply wanted anyone but Wenger.

Good point.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby ESR10 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 am

I think Josh Kroenke, Raul and Edu will be ruthless if Emery doesn't deliver.

I also think it's really important for someone like Edu to see our team have a football identity which we don't possess.

I think Emery will be sacked by the end of the year if we didn't make top 4 comfortably and started also to play better football.

I trust the new management that they won't let him stay too long, if we didn't improve.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Sims wrote:

He didn't take 22 years to get to the level Wenger was then
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Wengers last years werent good enough, not because we only got top 4, but there was no signs of improvement. In fact we were declining

Top 4 is the goal now because 1) liverpool and city are simply too good now ( we got beaten by leicester ffs). And 2) its the step in the right direction (as long as we improve our points yet again).

We need to kick on from there obviously. Its not double standards. If at the end of the season the gap between liverpool/city and us hasnt decreased, despite spending large in last summer, we need to look elsewhere
Last edited by Dejan on Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Dejan wrote:Wengers last years werent good enough, not because we only got top 4, but there was no signs of improvement. In fact we were declining now.

Top 4 is the goal now because 1) liverpool and city are simply too good now ( we got beaten by leicester ffs). And 2) its the step in the right direction (as long as we improve our points yet again).

We need to kick on from there obviously. Its not double standards. If at the end of the season the gap between liverpool/city and us hasnt decreased, despite spending large in last summer, we need to look elsewhere

I agree, lets give him till the end of the season and see whats what.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Mustafi wrote:I think Josh Kroenke, Raul and Edu will be ruthless if Emery doesn't deliver.

I also think it's really important for someone like Edu to see our team have a football identity which we don't possess.

I think Emery will be sacked by the end of the year if we didn't make top 4 comfortably and started also to play better football.

I trust the new management that they won't let him stay too long, if we didn't improve.

Edu is a fcking nobody.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:33 pm

swipe right wrote:
Mustafi wrote:I think Josh Kroenke, Raul and Edu will be ruthless if Emery doesn't deliver.

Edu is a fcking nobody.

Excuse moi?

He's our Director of Football?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Angelito wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Edu is a fcking nobody.

Excuse moi?

He's our Director of Football?

And that’s a travesty. What are his credentials for getting this job?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Holdini » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:49 pm

remember unai is not raul's man... i trust raul to get the right man in when unai eventually goes. raul is no gazidis, he's a former barca man and serious football beast.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby NovaGB » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:54 pm

Whole summer to reshape the defence, buys a winger and David Luiz...

Its f***ing embarrassing.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Suprnova wrote:Whole summer to reshape the defence, buys a winger and David Luiz...

Its f***ing embarrassing.
I kind of agree with this. The pepe money should have been spent on a CB.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football