Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:01 am

Emeryates wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Your definition of tolerable must be different than mine.

My definition for tolerable is at least putting in effort. Mkhitaryan's been like the Ox, absolutely no end product and f***ing frustrating most times. Ozil hasn't even tried

I'd still take a lethargic Ozil over that balding Armenian prick.

Though If you ask me who is more overpaid I couldn't give you an answer.

550k a week between the two, Jesus wept.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 am

Mkhitaryan...Ozil......neither have a future here. I would prefer to see Nelson or Martinelli.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Emeryates » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:10 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Your definition of tolerable must be different than mine.

My definition for tolerable is at least putting in effort. Mkhitaryan's been like the Ox, absolutely no end product and f***ing frustrating most times. Ozil hasn't even tried

I'd still take a lethargic Ozil over that balding Armenian prick.

Though If you ask me who is more overpaid I couldn't give you an answer.

550k a week between the two, Jesus wept.

I wouldn't, given the last year both have had. Considering the past, I can see why anyone would be attached to Ozil. I defended Ozil up to about an year ago, but he's been laughable for some time now
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:59 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:For all the crap on here from some posters about "Why is Emery bringing on Mkhi if he's being loaned out whaaaaa" ......... just heard that Emery or Mkhi didn't know about the loan until after the Spurs game.

That came from Mkhitarayan himself saying that, post game development.

So that's that.

That doesn't explain why he brought shitty Mhki on instead of Ozil though.
Theyre both shit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:07 am

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:How can you support Emery when the man has made Xhaka captain, which essentially renders him undroppable?

Ask Nuggets when he returns from hiatus.

Personally, I find it funny how someone can despise Wenger and then turn around and unironically fawn over Emery, despite his shortcomings that Wenger would've been dragged over coals for.

Just to clarify a few things, I am not fawning over Emrey I am just stating that he needs time to rebuild after the dross the unmentionable one left as his legacy, Instant success is nice but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, Emrey needs time to get rid of the sh1te and recruit the players he feels will be the best for the team he is trying to build. All things considered I don't think he is doing too badly. He is not without faults I agree I am not happy about him starting the walking nightmare Xhaka and for the life of me I can't see the reason behind it but hey ho he is the manager. Perhaps he made him captain because we have a record of getting rid of captains who knows.

I just amazed that some people who want instant success supported the unmentionable one when he was taking the club into the abyss. You can please some people some of the time but can't please some people all the time etc so those who moan will keep moaning and those of us who don't (yet) won't. If when Emrey has his full team that he wants and doesn't deliver then I will start moaning but until then the jury is still out on him and I will continue to support him and the team.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 am

Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:How can you support Emery when the man has made Xhaka captain, which essentially renders him undroppable?

Personally, I find it funny how someone can despise Wenger and then turn around and unironically fawn over Emery, despite his shortcomings that Wenger would've been dragged over coals for.

Just to clarify a few things, I am not fawning over Emrey I am just stating that he needs time to rebuild after the dross the unmentionable one left as his legacy, Instant success is nice but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, Emrey needs time to get rid of the sh1te and recruit the players he feels will be the best for the team he is trying to build. All things considered I don't think he is doing too badly. He is not without faults I agree I am not happy about him starting the walking nightmare Xhaka and for the life of me I can't see the reason behind it but hey ho he is the manager. Perhaps he made him captain because we have a record of getting rid of captains who knows.

I just amazed that some people who want instant success supported the unmentionable one when he was taking the club into the abyss. You can please some people some of the time but can't please some people all the time etc so those who moan will keep moaning and those of us who don't (yet) won't. If when Emrey has his full team that he wants and doesn't deliver then I will start moaning but until then the jury is still out on him and I will continue to support him and the team.

David Luiz as your starting CB is not a vote of confidence in Emery bringing his own men in.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 am

swipe right wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

David Luiz as your starting CB is not a vote of confidence in Emery bringing his own men in.

We brought the young CB who has gone back on loan, kos f***ked off we could not get our targets so got Luiz as a stop gap which put in context is pretty good business considering.
I am more worried about sokritis luiz and xhaka starting in one team wonder how many cards and penalties that lot can amass in one season with VAR
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 am

Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Define instant success? I wouldn't define a top 4 finish as instant success but that's my expectation for Emery this season. I'd also like to see an improvement in our defending, our build up and attacking. We now have a team that looks totally different from the team Wenger coached so all excuses about what he has inherited has to stop this season. I think Sarri inherited rotten squad and wasn't backed to make massive changes to the squad but had to work with what he had. He still managed to finish 3rd and beat us in the EL final. I also look at Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 and their brand of football was noticeable. For me, Emery's style has to start to take shape this season and I'm expecting a Top 4 finish. If he finished below Ole and Lampard then that's inexcusable.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 am

David Luiz is our best CB, it was an astute signing
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am

Sims wrote:David Luiz is our best CB, it was an astute signing

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:22 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

1) Define instant success? 2) I wouldn't define a top 4 finish as instant success but that's my expectation for Emery this season. I'd also like to see an improvement in our defending, our build up and attacking. We now have a team that looks totally different from the team Wenger coached so all excuses about what he has inherited has to stop this season. I think Sarri inherited rotten squad and wasn't backed to make massive changes to the squad but had to work with what he had. He still managed to finish 3rd and beat us in the EL final. I also look at 3) Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 and their brand of football was noticeable. For me, Emery's style has to start to take shape this season and I'm expecting a Top 4 finish. If he finished below Ole and Lampard then that's inexcusable.

As is going into meltdown after loosing 1 game, people are demanding his departure this season after 4 games laughable, fickle to say the least, lets give the guy a chance thats all i am saying. Some of our best players are still not fit when they start playing I am hoping to see a big difference , but the team will still need time to gel. . I would also like to see us get in the top 4 and sort out the defending problems. You go on about Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 erm this is the START of his second season, again lets see what he can do before wanting him shot. If when he has what he wants he doesn't deliver at least a top 4 he would have failed as far as I am concerned but please the season has just started so lets get behind the manager and the team. :arsesmile:
Nuggets

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:22 am

Xhaka is poor man's Luiz.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

We brought the young CB who has gone back on loan, kos f***ked off we could not get our targets so got Luiz as a stop gap which put in context is pretty good business considering.
I am more worried about sokritis luiz and xhaka starting in one team wonder how many cards and penalties that lot can amass in one season with VAR

This is one of the big problems I have understanding the starting of the imbecile known as Xhaka, every time he starts I am just waiting for him to have a brain fart and loose us the game, why for the love of god does Emery keep starting him I don't know, the jury is still out on Luiz and in his last few games sokritis has been pants as well. I just hope they shape up or gawd help us.
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:50 am

Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

1) Define instant success? 2) I wouldn't define a top 4 finish as instant success but that's my expectation for Emery this season. I'd also like to see an improvement in our defending, our build up and attacking. We now have a team that looks totally different from the team Wenger coached so all excuses about what he has inherited has to stop this season. I think Sarri inherited rotten squad and wasn't backed to make massive changes to the squad but had to work with what he had. He still managed to finish 3rd and beat us in the EL final. I also look at 3) Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 and their brand of football was noticeable. For me, Emery's style has to start to take shape this season and I'm expecting a Top 4 finish. If he finished below Ole and Lampard then that's inexcusable.

As is going into meltdown after loosing 1 game, people are demanding his departure this season after 4 games laughable, fickle to say the least, lets give the guy a chance thats all i am saying. Some of our best players are still not fit when they start playing I am hoping to see a big difference , but the team will still need time to gel. . I would also like to see us get in the top 4 and sort out the defending problems. You go on about Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 erm this is the START of his second season, again lets see what he can do before wanting him shot. If when he has what he wants he doesn't deliver at least a top 4 he would have failed as far as I am concerned but please the season has just started so lets get behind the manager and the team. :arsesmile:

I wouldn't confuse a 'meltdown' with post game analysis. For me, that's all this is. It's different if I'm at the Emirates or watching a live game. I try to stay positive and get behind the team on match day. The same applies if talking to fans of other teams trying to shit on my team. I don't have it and will defend Arsenal. But here, whilst talking with fellow Arsenal fans and the whole purpose here is to discuss and debate, I'm going to be honest with what I see and I don't have to sugarcoat it.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Sims wrote:David Luiz is our best CB, it was an astute signing

Key defender in 2 title winning sides. Great to have him
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football