Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby rewb1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


-----------Torriera
Smith-Rowe - Guendouzi

Still like Ceballos, but saw some things in the last 2 games that give me concern over his game.


smith rowe? :rofll:
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


:pray:

:clap: :clap: :clap:


+3
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby ag6789 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Much improved now.
ag6789
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:52 pm

I like the way this guy is developing he has huge potential just needs a better player beside him xhaka is definitely not it
User avatar
VCC
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 8607
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:12 pm

rewb1 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


-----------Torriera
Smith-Rowe - Guendouzi

Still like Ceballos, but saw some things in the last 2 games that give me concern over his game.


smith rowe? :rofll:


Yeah - he's the same age as Guendouzi was when we signed him and a year later he's one of our best players.
I don't go by transfer fees or 'names'. More interested in the actual players ability and some actual affiliation to Arsenal - would love to see more young players break through. I can tell you one thing for sure, he's better than Xhaka right now.

I am not yet sure about Ceballos, Ozil is leaving in January and Mihkitarian is naff.
Willock is another option, but not been as impressed with him as I have been with Smith-Rowe.
If Emile can get back from his injury quickly, I'd like to see him get game time.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3791
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:48 pm

GuenDONzi
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21256
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:03 pm

The prince who was promised.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34553
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


:pray:

:clap: :clap: :clap:


+3


Agreed.

Torreia has to sit, he's too small to be bounding all over the pitch, he's better off sitting in front of the defence.

Guendouzi box to box with Ceballos or Ozil CAM / CM.

I think Ceballos and Guendouzi can make a great tandem at CM.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21497
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


:pray:

:clap: :clap: :clap:


+3


Agreed.

Torreia has to sit, he's too small to be bounding all over the pitch, he's better off sitting in front of the defence.

Guendouzi box to box with Ceballos or Ozil CAM / CM.

I think Ceballos and Guendouzi can make a great tandem at CM.


My only concern is none of them are strong enough physically against some of the midfield beasts we face and could get bullied off the ball.

Who ever comes in to replace xhaka has to be a Vieira stature /physique I f***ing mobile and able to battle good in the air but good going forward too.

Getting a vieira regen would be near impossible but the type of player shouldn't.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby Rastayouth » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am

Zedie wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:
Angelito wrote:His best performance as a Gunner.

-------- Torreira
Ceballos - Guendouzi

The only way.


:pray:

:clap: :clap: :clap:


+3


Agreed.

Torreia has to sit, he's too small to be bounding all over the pitch, he's better off sitting in front of the defence.

Guendouzi box to box with Ceballos or Ozil CAM / CM.

I think Ceballos and Guendouzi can make a great tandem at CM.


My only concern is none of them are strong enough physically against some of the midfield beasts we face and could get bullied off the ball.

Who ever comes in to replace xhaka has to be a Vieira stature /physique I f***ing mobile and able to battle good in the air but good going forward too.

Getting a vieira regen would be near impossible but the type of player shouldn't.


Let me know if I'm being unfair but although Xhaka has the build to be physical, I don't see him using it sensibly, winning duels and out muscling the opposition. Just doing a simple comparison of attributes I don't see why he'd be picked ahead of the other 3 CMs.
Defensively, Torrito and Guendo are better, faster and more tenacious. We've only had a couple games with Ceballos but he doesn't seem to be much weaker than Xhaka.
Attacking-wise, he pings a great long pass however Luiz and Ceballos are quite competent at that.
I think it's worth a risk dropping him and seeing how the others fare.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Our baby boy has been called up to the french senior squad
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby BS221B » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:34 pm



Pogba lol
Image
User avatar
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6410
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Mustafi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Well deserved
Mustafi
Predictions League 2018-19 winner
Predictions League 2018-19 winner
 
Posts: 3265
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 am
Location: Bremen, Germany

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Congratulations to the lad on his first (of many hopefully) international call up to the seniors, very well done indeed.

What a great advert for us offering good opportunities to young players and encouraging for the likes of Saliba and Holding.

Does anyone know how the lad Yacine Adli is doing since his decision to do a last minute u-turn on us and stay at PSG?
thebigbangtheo
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:13 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Congratulations to the lad on his first (of many hopefully) international call up to the seniors, very well done indeed.

What a great advert for us offering good opportunities to young players and encouraging for the likes of Saliba and Holding.

Does anyone know how the lad Yacine Adli is doing since his decision to do a last minute u-turn on us and stay at PSG?


Went to Bordeaux for €5.5m last jan
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 10 guests