The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Angelito » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:05 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:St. Louis based Rams fans won a lawsuit today stating that Kroenke and his group misled the supporters here in believing they wanted to stay in St. Louis. Which just further shows the proof that they lied and that Stan is a complete w***er of a person.

............... awkward, but erghh, we love Kroenke now. :lol:

Ummmm, doubt we love him, or even like him.

As Brandon stated a while ago, Josh Kroenke is a lot more ambitious and hands-on with the game than his father, which is why he seems to be working well with Raul.

The Kroenkes would only redeem themselves if we start challenging for the title. We're heading towards the right direction. We need to consolidate now. A lot of times over the past 10 years, we have had nearly there sides, but Kroenke/Gazidis/Wenger allowed those teams to fall apart, or didn't consolidate enough.

We need to consolidate now.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 am

With Josh in charge, I do not have a problem with the Kroenkes.
The future could be bright.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 am

Agreed, if Josh is the face of the Kroenke ownership I have no problem with that.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:St. Louis based Rams fans won a lawsuit today stating that Kroenke and his group misled the supporters here in believing they wanted to stay in St. Louis. Which just further shows the proof that they lied and that Stan is a complete w***er of a person.

............... awkward, but erghh, we love Kroenke now. :lol:

So you love the type of guy that would lie directly to you and then move your favorite team across the country. Hey, each to their own of course.

Keep in mind we still haven't won anything. He has you guys fooled!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 1991 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:35 am

kroenkes knowing nothing about footbaII & Ieaving it to the footbaII ppI couId work to our advantage, they are reaIIy no different in that regard than the posh etonians who used to own this cIub, we've aIways had a shit owner & chairmen, ppI need to recognise that

aIso arsenaI fans were wanking about our oh so 'cIassy' and 'fair' seIf sustaining modeI for years, need to shut up about the owners not investing
KSE is not that type ownership, its the type wenger convinced most of u that is better than the 'suggar daddy' modeI now were stuck with it, move on
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 am

1991 wrote:kroenkes knowing nothing about footbaII & Ieaving it to the footbaII ppI couId work to our advantage, they are reaIIy no different in that regard than the posh etonians who used to own this cIub, we've aIways had a shit owner & chairmen, ppI need to recognise that

aIso arsenaI fans were wanking about our oh so 'cIassy' and 'fair' seIf sustaining modeI for years, need to shut up about the owners not investing
KSE is not that type ownership, its the type wenger convinced most of u that is better than the 'suggar daddy' modeI now were stuck with it, move on

The truth shall set you free. The same people that throw names like the oil clubs around now want us to behave just like them to be competitive when a few miles down the road and for the past 3 years Spurs have been competitive with a more restrictive self-sustaining model than ours!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:06 am

@ our St. Louis resident. You can still have hope he'll face some justice for what he did to your city and region.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:56 am

LMAO wrote:

@ our St. Louis resident. You can still have hope he'll face some justice for what he did to your city and region.

It doesn't bring our team back, but I guess it's better than nothing. At least people are taking notice to what he did though, and he's being held accountable.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49635625

Manchester City have assembled the first billion-euro squad, says a report by the CIES Football Observatory.

City, who have benefitted hugely since the Abu Dhabi group takeover in 2008, spent (1.014bn/£906m) on their current players with Paris St-Germain (913m euros) and Real Madrid (902m euros) in second and third.

The top 10
Club / squad value in euros

1. Manchester City - 1.014 billion

2. Paris St-Germain - 913m

3. Real Madrid - 902m

4. Manchester United - 751m

5. Juventus - 719m

6. Barcelona - 697m

7. Liverpool - 639m

8. Chelsea - 561m

9. Atletico Madrid - 550m

10. Arsenal - 498m

Selected others

11. Everton - 486m

12. Tottenham Hotspur - 465m

19. Leicester City - 312m

21. West Ham United - 259m
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Nearly 2 billion spent between City and PSG and one UCL SF to show for. :lol:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Angelito wrote:Nearly 2 billion spent between City and PSG and one UCL SF to show for. :lol:

Squad value is not squad cost. Please show me where City's 25 man squad had 2 billion spent on them.

United's squad was bought for more, so was Liverpool's
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Emeryates wrote:
Angelito wrote:Nearly 2 billion spent between City and PSG and one UCL SF to show for. :lol:

Squad value is not squad cost. Please show me where City's 25 man squad had 2 billion spent on them.

He said between City and PSG, not just City.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:37 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Which is again ,adding values of both. PSG may have spent that much, City have not. I don't remember them spending more than 70 million
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Which is again ,adding values of both. PSG may have spent that much, City have not. I don't remember them spending more than 70 million

Well that's what his point was so...…………………………………………. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Well that's what his point was so...…………………………………………. :dizzy:

I was wrong on the 2 billion. But 1 billion is also not the correct value of the squad price of City's players.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk