The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 pm

I heard Ozil is leaving in January.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I heard Ozil is leaving in January.

from gooney's sources?
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".

I like Mesut, but to be fair, some of my exs have horrible periods. One went to the hospital over it. Mesut isn’t going to any doctors for his illness.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".

That's sexist! :rolleyes:

Some women/girls go through incredibly painful periods. Plus, in general, women are weaker during their periods.

I think Vava might have just mansplained. Hahahahahaha.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby immsun » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 am

Hope Ozil plays tomorrow.

Pepe laca Auba
Ozil

Dayum
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Poor ickle Mesut pwobly got a coldy woldy.

Pity uncle Arsene isn't here to make him all snuggly wuggly in de beddy bye byes and make it all go away.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I was reflecting that it wouldn’t be beyond the bounds of credibility, looking at the sums involved, that certain people at the club have realised that it’s going to be virtually impossible to offload Ozil, so gone another route.

Imagine for one moment that they have contracted the murkier elements of London society to effectively run him out of town? Clearly putting a (surplus to requirements) friend (Kola) in the mix would reduce the chances of discovery.

It would save the club millions and get rid of a big problem! Would make a good book if not!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Rockape wrote:I was reflecting that it wouldn’t be beyond the bounds of credibility, looking at the sums involved, that certain people at the club have realised that it’s going to be virtually impossible to offload Ozil, so gone another route.

Imagine for one moment that they have contracted the murkier elements of London society to effectively run him out of town? Clearly putting a (surplus to requirements) friend (Kola) in the mix would reduce the chances of discovery.

It would save the club millions and get rid of a big problem! Would make a good book if not!

You've been out in the sun too long mate.

:lol:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Rockape wrote:I was reflecting that it wouldn’t be beyond the bounds of credibility, looking at the sums involved, that certain people at the club have realised that it’s going to be virtually impossible to offload Ozil, so gone another route.

Gives new meaning to the Raul quote: "When Arsenal knock on a player's door, it's a different knock than other clubs"
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Jedi wrote:

Gives new meaning to the Raul quote: "When Arsenal knock on a player's door, it's a different knock than other clubs"

Superb
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Phil71 wrote:

You've been out in the sun too long mate.

:lol:

Haha :biggrin:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:53 pm

He's been on the "Water in Majorca".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

DC UNITED have reportedly held talks with Mesut Ozil's agent over an MLS switch.

Fingers crossed. :pray: :pray:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Pretty sure Ozil ia exploring expansion opportu ities for his coffee chain in the US. DC U isn't a rich club and can't afford Ozil. At least not until June 2021.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Nuggets wrote:DC UNITED have reportedly held talks with Mesut Ozil's agent over an MLS switch.

Fingers crossed. :pray: :pray:

Özil going America in January it seems.. makes a lot sense believe it or not.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club