20/07/19 | Fiorentina 0-3 Arsenal | Pre-season Friendly

Re: 20/07/19 | Fiorentina v Arsenal | Pre-season Friendly

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:24 am

Zenith wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw, was Burton sposed to play Xhaka's role?

Burton was the only natural CM who started for us so I guess, to a certain point, you can compare his role to Xhaka's.

Olayinka played alongside him in central midfield, even though he's technically a wide player.

I was unimpressed...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:35 am

Losmeister wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw, was Burton sposed to play Xhaka's role?

Burton was the only natural CM who started for us so I guess, to a certain point, you can compare his role to Xhaka's.

Olayinka played alongside him in central midfield, even though he's technically a wide player.

I was unimpressed...

In their defence, I don't think I've ever witnessed a central midfield consisting out of 2 academy players with no senior level experience come out on top against a seasoned Serie A midfield.

Roughly 500 games of top level experience between Castrovilli, Cristóforo and Saponara.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:44 am

Emery confirmed no cb pretty much. Said they are willing to wait for their firsy choice for a year than settle for second choice. Think about it.....after last years defense arsenal identified an 18 year old with less than 20 games as the solution. Nothing else can improve tgis defense
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 am

I know the preseason shouldn’t do this to me but I can’t help but get my hopes up just a little bit from how solid we have looked... 3 out of 3 fairly comfortably. I know it’s a lot of the kids out there but still the performances are impressing me.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jrolls » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:54 am

NJ_Gunner wrote:I know the preseason shouldn’t do this to me but I can’t help but get my hopes up just a little bit from how solid we have looked... 3 out of 3 fairly comfortably. I know it’s a lot of the kids out there but still the performances are impressing me.

Hell, the kids are most of the reason I’m excited and impressed. The enthusiasm and familiarity between them has really shone in these three games. I’d rather some of them get a majority of playing time over some of the current first team squad.
jrolls
Liam Brady

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:15 am

NJ_Gunner wrote:I know the preseason shouldn’t do this to me but I can’t help but get my hopes up just a little bit from how solid we have looked... 3 out of 3 fairly comfortably. I know it’s a lot of the kids out there but still the performances are impressing me.

Solid? Loooooool you watch this match and thought that was solid?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Jase89 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 am

gooney wrote:

People seem to forget what LOL means. It's an acronym, not an actual word. So when you say Loooooool, you're making yourself sound ridiculous by essentially saying Laugh out out out out out out out loud.
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:58 am

gooney wrote:Emery confirmed no cb pretty much. Said they are willing to wait for their firsy choice for a year than settle for second choice. Think about it.....after last years defense arsenal identified an 18 year old with less than 20 games as the solution. Nothing else can improve tgis defense
What did he say? Does that mean not even that tall one from the greek league?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Our defending in this game was fooking woeful, main culprit was the deadhead Mustafi-is-shit, fook another season with that pillock. Monreal, and Calum Chambers weren't much better. Goals were good Fast Eddie Nketiah scoring twice before midfielder "Smoking" Joe Willock, getting one as well. All in all pleasant to watch.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
gooney wrote:Emery confirmed no cb pretty much. Said they are willing to wait for their firsy choice for a year than settle for second choice. Think about it.....after last years defense arsenal identified an 18 year old with less than 20 games as the solution. Nothing else can improve tgis defense
What did he say? Does that mean not even that tall one from the greek league?

Yeah this situation is just not acceptable from Emery, he must push the club to get him at least a Sokratis type in, we can't just have Sokratis and Holding to CB every game of the season, we need at least 3 top seniors to see us through the year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Unai's subs this pre season are a bit strange imo. 10 minutes and bringing on a brand new team practically.

Subs have scored twice in pre season so far
In 03/04 we played two different 11,s in each half in pre season friendlys v Austria Wien and besiktas
It's pre season
It's for fitness and trying out team shape
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Jase89 wrote:
gooney wrote:

People seem to forget what LOL means. It's an acronym, not an actual word. So when you say Loooooool, you're making yourself sound ridiculous by essentially saying Laugh out out out out out out out loud.

Kids these days. :lol:
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Jase89 wrote:
gooney wrote:

Maybe he has a stammer.

:hiding:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jase89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Jase89 wrote:
gooney wrote:

Maybe he has a stammer.

:hiding:

:lol:
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20