In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: In Arsène We Shall Always Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Cre

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Last two years. Yeah cause they’re agents are idiots right to sign early? :rofll:

First - What are you even saying is that even English? .... you know this is now club policy, why? because Gazidis and Wonger f***ked up .....

“We need to make sure we are really disciplined. A good example of that is senior players that aren’t towards the end of their careers. We need to make sure that those players, when they’ve got two years left on their contract, we’re making the difficult decisions.

“We’re either renewing those players’ contracts, or we’re selling those players. So we’re going to have to be brave with those decisions along the way, because we can’t be in a situation where we are allowing players to walk out the door for free unless they are coming towards the end of their career.”

Raul Sanllehi

Or do you know something different?

I can make policy as well. Let’s see this bozo implement it. It’s July and all he’s done is sign a Brazilian no ones heard of for six mil. :clap:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:48 pm

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Last two years. Yeah cause they’re agents are idiots right to sign early? :rofll:

First - What are you even saying is that even English? .... you know this is now club policy, why? because Gazidis and Wonger f***ked up .....

“We need to make sure we are really disciplined. A good example of that is senior players that aren’t towards the end of their careers. We need to make sure that those players, when they’ve got two years left on their contract, we’re making the difficult decisions.

“We’re either renewing those players’ contracts, or we’re selling those players. So we’re going to have to be brave with those decisions along the way, because we can’t be in a situation where we are allowing players to walk out the door for free unless they are coming towards the end of their career.”

Raul Sanllehi

I can make policy as well. Let’s see this bozo implement it. It’s July and all he’s done is sign a Brazilian no ones heard of for six mil. :clap:

Hahahahahahaha so your answer to being 100% wrong is that you can now make Arsenal policy ... sorry Mr Kroenke didn't know you posted
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Raul Sanllehi

Hahahahahahaha so your answer to being 100% wrong is that you can now make Arsenal policy ... sorry Mr Kroenke didn't know you posted

You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:48 pm

swipe right wrote:You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.

Oh dear .... don't cry poor little swiper .... I'll leave you alone
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:33 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.

Oh dear .... don't cry poor little swiper .... I'll leave you alone

Yes best too don't want him too upset, bless him :rofll: God bless the ignore button everything he comes out with is drivel.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Re: Arsène Wenger's Legacy

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:52 am

Remember when Wenger was doing us a favour saving all the money so his successor had a big budget and a squad of talented youth players lol?

Well he's left us with a 45m budget and a squad full of players nobody else wants on big salaries.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:01 am

Classic game of two halves .... thanks for the good times but then what the f**k did you do?

Before the Emirates a solid business plan, tactics, results and trophies. Post Emirates got just about everything wrong .... not helped by having a Board intent on lining their pockets, followed by two Investors who for years put self interest above the club's ...

Even with that excuse his crazy "contracts won't matter" philosophy led us down a very dark dead end, one from which it will take us many years to recover ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 am

EliteKiller wrote:Classic game of two halves .... thanks for the good times but then what the f**k did you do?

Before the Emirates a solid business plan, tactics, results and trophies. Post Emirates got just about everything wrong .... not helped by having a Board intent on lining their pockets, followed by two Investors who for years put self interest above the club's ...

Even with that excuse his crazy "contracts won't matter" philosophy led us down a very dark dead end, one from which it will take us many years to recover ...

Sadly true, even more sad is some Wonga fanboys thinks the sun still shines out of his ass, he left us in a right mess the senile old tw@t.
Nuggets

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Unfortunately, the most successful period of Wenger's career is but a distant memory now. Nothing lasting has been built upon it. We're reaping no rewards for those successes these days. Right now, our most recent memory of Arsene Wenger is the horrible position he's left us in. Wenger's legacy leaves a certain bitter taste in the mouths of many Arsenal fans, myself included.

That taste is the taste of failure.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 am

I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

Can't say I remember that happening much at Highbury.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 am

theHotHead wrote:I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the Emirates looks like. The Emirates does not and will not provide us with a financial advantage. That is all that matters.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 am

PairyGrows wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the Emirates looks like. The Emirates does not and will not provide us with a financial advantage. That is all that matters.

No financial advantage for us, but others.....worked out well for them.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Got to say, hothead, i really don't like it.
Was lucky enough to go to the very first game, the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial, and first impressions were poor. The sloping roof kills the experience for me. Every time I went since, it bugged me that I couldn't take in the whole crowd as part of the experience. Really bad design. Whether Wenger had something to do with it, I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.
One thing is certain, the whole project didn't turn out to be what was envisioned. It never did lift the club to new heights.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Main problem with the Emirates is the fans are too far away from the pitch.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Despite not playing in Europe’s biggest competition, top-tier players still fancy us thanks partly to the good times Wenger brought the club. Merci Arsène
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club