Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:13 am

forcing a past it CB to siit out his last year in the reserves so he can leave on a free instead of picking up a fee now.

that'll show him.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zanatos3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:29 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:At ManU Young & Valencia,Captains, GONE
at City Vincent Company (Captain), GONE
All of Kos age & Ilk
All club Captains & Mountains of Men,
but all OLD..

diff is Arsenal have low standards set by Kronke, so ManU&ManCity say Goodbye to them at SEASON END,the START of the transfer widow,

Where as Kos has to Remove himself to FORCE Arsenal to get a younger CB, he knows he's not EPL Top6 Quality anymore,

It takes a man to admit it, but Arsenal have too many Weak minded Board members, & Owner.
Looking to Shackle him soon (34yrs) to be Along with Monreal
[Litchstieners in the making, Arsenal Care not if they Burn out on the Field...using these Veterans as SPARE PARTS...Thats Disrespectful]

, where as Liverpool has Teenagers winning the UCL against Barca & the (insert POO EMOJI) UP the road.....

or - Kos is a self serving prick who rather than act like a professional has acted like a complete c*** to the club that has stood by him -

Your own examples show just what a true professional would have done -

Young 34 - signs a one year contract extension Feb 2019 - gives Man Utd a transfer value for a club legend who otherwise could have walked away for free in June
Valencia 33 - released by Man Utd after completing the final year of his contract
Kompany 33 - released by City after completing the final year of his contract

That's how club legends behave ... they honour their contracts they do what's best for their clubs

I'm 100% behind the club making an example of this turncoat, making his last year at Arsenal an absolute misery, but that's only if we can't rid of this Judas for the money we deem appropriate ...

Ahhh!! Thanks EliteKiller !! Again you do your Full Research & know your stuff!

so you found the Exact Ages & Contract situations of the Captain class players mentioned!

Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't know the terms of their release, & the fact that they were on their last legally!

so your saying Kos should have done like Arteta & be a Captain only in the Dressing room, Arteta lifted two Fa Cups...or at least the Last 1, Fully from the bench, & moved on with no complaints on his last year I assume!

[ My Respect was restored for Arteta when Man City Scored the 1st of 3 against us, Pep & their whole bench Naturally went from Pensively seated to Jumpimg for Joy, but Arteta stayed seated, didn't even crack a smile...I respect that, right after leaving Arsenal]

I hear you & Agree to a degree, totally diff situation Financially but in terms of the Reputation of the Club, which should come 1st,

that is what is expected.

Different demand on the player too, Arteta was on the bench Comfy because we had enough Def's, but this season we Kos was thrown in to the Fire, several times, Right after injury recovery, Recovery time was cut short Because we had No one else, so its not a Fair Comparison, Arteta to Kos.
So Agree to a Degree but I still support Kosceilny cause I appreciate his 9 yrs service, bad example to set, but all is revealed man, it shows poor management, man management etc..

its a Shame how Arsenal is right now, But whats done is Done!

The Board room Shuffle after Wenger is Finished supposedly,

I hope Edu & Co can work over time, grow into their roles & work together to set the ship right with time....

Time & money would have been better, but I guess we'll see.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 am

Zanatos3 wrote:Ahhh!! Thanks EliteKiller !! Again you do your Full Research & know your stuff!

so you found the Exact Ages & Contract situations of the Captain class players mentioned!

Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't know the terms of their release, & the fact that they were on their last legally!

so your saying Kos should have done like Arteta & be a Captain only in the Dressing room, Arteta lifted two Fa Cups...or at least the Last 1, Fully from the bench, & moved on with no complaints on his last year I assume!

[ My Respect was restored for Arteta when Man City Scored the 1st of 3 against us, Pep & their whole bench Naturally went from Pensively seated to Jumpimg for Joy, but Arteta stayed seated, didn't even crack a smile...I respect that, right after leaving Arsenal]

I hear you & Agree to a degree, totally diff situation Financially but in terms of the Reputation of the Club, which should come 1st,

that is what is expected.

Different demand on the player too, Arteta was on the bench Comfy because we had enough Def's, but this season we Kos was thrown in to the Fire, several times, Right after injury recovery, Recovery time was cut short Because we had No one else, so its not a Fair Comparison, Arteta to Kos.
So Agree to a Degree but I still support Kosceilny cause I appreciate his 9 yrs service, bad example to set, but all is revealed man, it shows poor management, man management etc..

its a Shame how Arsenal is right now, But whats done is Done!

The Board room Shuffle after Wenger is Finished supposedly,

I hope Edu & Co can work over time, grow into their roles & work together to set the ship right with time....

Time & money would have been better, but I guess we'll see.

It's a tough call ... I think Wrighty's piece where he says Kos has now damaged a great legacy cuts to the heart of it ... for the sake of another twelve months in London getting paid 2.6m for probably doing not very much work ... why rock the boat? it's all very surreal ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:59 am

Everyone says he's arsenal through and through and loves the club. Most of us agree he's past his best and needs to be sold.

So most of us agree emery is right to try to sell him. The Saliba loan back thing means we need more cover, you'd think this player who loves the club so much would jump at the chance for another season to put right the wrongs of last season and end on a high.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Everyone says he's arsenal through and through and loves the club. Most of us agree he's past his best and needs to be sold.

So most of us agree emery is right to try to sell him. The Saliba loan back thing means we need more cover, you'd think this player who loves the club so much would jump at the chance for another season to put right the wrongs of last season and end on a high.

He knows he literally cant do anymore for us at the level we should be. I think hes just shocked that the club know this too but refuse to do anything about it
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:45 am

All this badge kissing is bollocks when it comes down to brass tax they are mercenaries, out for themselves, pay the club back, don't make me laugh. Has he not had enough money from the club? we looked after him well and this is how he repays us, sooner he is gone the better. Legend ...kiss my arse another judas.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Zedie wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Everyone says he's arsenal through and through and loves the club. Most of us agree he's past his best and needs to be sold.

He knows he literally cant do anymore for us at the level we should be. I think hes just shocked that the club know this too but refuse to do anything about it

Even though money looks to be the real issue here, I would not be surprised if there’s truth to this and what Zanatos posted earlier. Don’t forget we’re talking about a man who has been satisfied with earning less than what his actual contributions are worth. This becomes even more important when you consider what some of his peers are making and aren’t doing enough to justify their wages.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Auba liking a post attacking Koscielny

Source: @OsmanZtheGooner
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 pm

well thats not nice
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 pm

We look out of control at the moment. We'll soon find out if this is just a case of weeding out the weak and bad eggs or if the Emery and his staff have lost control the dressing room.

Kos complaining about the handling of his recovery from injury along with Darren Burgess getting fired and Suarez talking about his fitness....either training is too intense and he's burning the players out, or we have players too comfortable and he needs to raise the fitness levels within the camp. I remember Keown saying before the Europa final that it seemed like a bad idea to have the players out in Baku so early and training for all that time.

We'll see how it pans out but sources close to the club say it's not looking good.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 am

Power n Glory wrote:We look out of control at the moment. We'll soon find out if this is just a case of weeding out the weak and bad eggs or if the Emery and his staff have lost control the dressing room.

Kos complaining about the handling of his recovery from injury along with Darren Burgess getting fired and Suarez talking about his fitness....either training is too intense and he's burning the players out, or we have players too comfortable and he needs to raise the fitness levels within the camp. I remember Keown saying before the Europa final that it seemed like a bad idea to have the players out in Baku so early and training for all that time.

We'll see how it pans out but sources close to the club say it's not looking good.

Klopp and Poch work their squads into the ground, it's no secret that Pep is tough in training as well .... if Emery has ruffled a few feathers amongst our pampered prima-donnas then maybe that's what was needed ... no gain without pain these boys need to suck it up or piss off ... changes are coming if half the dressing room don't like it they know where the door is - Kos maybe just the first of a pretty major cull .....

Player power has screwed Chelsea, is screwing Utd and will screw us .... whatever he thinks Kos's actions are just plain wrong .... the club must back it's management if not they can expect anarchy
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:27 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:We look out of control at the moment. We'll soon find out if this is just a case of weeding out the weak and bad eggs or if the Emery and his staff have lost control the dressing room.

Klopp and Poch work their squads into the ground, it's no secret that Pep is tough in training as well .... if Emery has ruffled a few feathers amongst our pampered prima-donnas then maybe that's what was needed ... no gain without pain these boys need to suck it up or piss off ... changes are coming if half the dressing room don't like it they know where the door is - Kos maybe just the first of a pretty major cull .....

Player power has screwed Chelsea, is screwing Utd and will screw us .... whatever he thinks Kos's actions are just plain wrong .... the club must back it's management if not they can expect anarchy

They will get it as well, WTF do players get off about deciding what they want after signing a lucrative contract? The club has been wongerized sadly, it's going to take some time for whoever to sort out these pussies. As far as Kos is concerned the sooner he goes the better, he didn't make a fuss when we were paying his wages when he was on the sick did he.!!!
Nuggets

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Dharmesh Sheth (Sky reporter): “We’re told Laurent Koscielny may have played his last game for Arsenal. Arsenal, we are told, are open to letting him leave, that’s provided a club meet his valuation.” #afc

Source: @afcstuff
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:35 pm

RMC reporting Koscielny has agreed personal terms with Rennes.

Koscielny has agreed personal terms with Rennes. The player will meet Arsenal executive next week to convince them to let him go for free

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mer ... 34781.html

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
RMC reporting Koscielny has agreed personal terms with Rennes.

Koscielny has agreed personal terms with Rennes. The player will meet Arsenal executive next week to convince them to let him go for free

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mer ... 34781.html

He's been on £4.5m/yr for a long time now. He can write the cheque himself and leave.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club