Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Sims wrote:Would give Sokratis the armband until Bellerin/Guendouzi/Torreira/potentially Tierney is ready

Bellerin :shock: :dontknow:

He is in the Diaby class.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:27 pm

If he wants to buy out let him at least get some money for him, he is a liability now anyway.
Nuggets

Postby Zanatos3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:57 pm

HEADLINE:Bordeaux Offer Laurent Koscielny Three-Year Deal as Defender Pushes for a Move Away From Arsenal
DATE: TODAY
SITE:90MIN.COM
WRITER:Tolga Akdeniz

[url]https://www.90min.com/posts/6409253-bordeaux-offer-laurent-koscielny-three-year-deal-as-defender-pushes-for-a-move-away-from-arsenal?view_source=teams_page&view_medium=[arsenal][/url]

The main BELOW part i'd like to show you, which is exactly what I've been thinking

"According to the ​Mirror, Arsenal had been in no rush to extend Koscielny's current contract which is into its final year, and as a result, he has been the subject of much interest from a number of Ligue 1 clubs including Rennes and Lyon.

However, it was believed that Arsenal were unwilling to let him go this summer due to a lack of defensive options and the fact that Shkodran Mustafi is now surplus to requirements.
"

AGREED AF!!

" The Gunners' plan was to let his contract run down and then allow him to leave on a free next summer, but with Koscielny seemingly attempting to cut ties, this is now looking less likely.

This will now give Unai Emery a major headache, as ​Calum Chambers is likely to be sold or loaned out while Rob Holding is still missing with a long-term injury.

This could leave Arsenal with just Sokratis and Mavropanos as the only fit centre backs at the club. "

Mavropanos Came in Brand New last season....& Missed All of it.

:disgust:
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Off you f**k Laurent

I'll see if I can fit in giving a toss some time next week for five mins

No promises

Oh and by the way im so pleased Glass Ankles isnt here to be considered for the Armband

Give it to Sokratis or Laca
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Also true tbf.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Zenith wrote:
Also true tbf.

I don't understand why the club made this information public. These things are usually handled internally. Sure, some journos might get a wind of it, but for Arsenal to publish it in the website makes it appear out of the norm, to put it nicely.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Sims wrote:He can do whatever he wants. We should let him go home, he’s been playing through injuries and injections before every game for the past 4 years

He signed a 6 year contract on 90 grand a week in 2014
Injuries are part and parcel of the game
No favours have been done here
He has done what he is paid for
He is in breach if he does not perform when asked if fit
It ain't a f***ing garden party
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Also true tbf.

I don't understand why the club made this information public. These things are usually handled internally. Sure, some journos might get a wind of it, but for Arsenal to publish it in the website makes it appear out of the norm, to put it nicely.

That's the bit I'm also struggling to fully grasp.

Let's try.

Our previous board, including AW, created an environment which allowed for numerous players (and their respective agents) to hold the club ransom. Whether it was by stalling contract talks to walk out for free, or by running down contracts, increase bargaining power and present the club with an ultimatum in order to get an exorbitant and disproportionate new contract.

Arsenal's new board has stated on several occasions that they're not planning to let that happen again.

I guess you could argue that this is the new board showing their sternness whilst also being more transparent toward the fans.

Still, it's such an un-Arsenal way of handling these type of affairs.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 am

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Also true tbf.

Because we are being run by men without gravitas or composure. Isn’t that clear already?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 am

We are Newcastle now.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 am

starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:He can do whatever he wants. We should let him go home, he’s been playing through injuries and injections before every game for the past 4 years

I normally agree with you mate, but this time I cant. Koscielny has been a f***ing lion for us over the years, has given his heart body and soul for us over 10 years. Its based on opinion only, but I think he knows he just physically cant make another season at the sharp end and just wants to f**k off back home for an end to his career.

He knows it, i know it, opposition strikers know it. Its probably the biggest thing a man can do when he has to admit to himself he cant do his job anymore at the sharp end and i wouldnt want to force him into playing for us for another season through physical pain just becasue we are too cheap to buy a proper performing replacement.

We should just f***ing sell him and move on. If not and hes really serious, buy out his contract and he can go, whatever, but hes just not able to be who we need him to be consistently anymore and that will happen to every single player that will ever pull on the shirt.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 am

These muppets are showing their stupidity. Koscielny is not going to start even ten games for us this season and if they are expecting him to then they are fools. He’s not going command anything in the transfer market as his body is busted. Getting him off the wages would be good thing.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 am

swipe right wrote:These muppets are showing their stupidity. Koscielny is not going to start even ten games for us this season and if they are expecting him to then they are fools. He’s not going command anything in the transfer market as his body is busted. Getting him off the wages would be good thing.

They will not buy cb. They have kos, mustafi and sok. Holding is injured for a while. The reason they cant let go kos who is way past it is because they have no money to buy players
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 am

Zedie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

I normally agree with you mate, but this time I cant. Koscielny has been a f***ing lion for us over the years, has given his heart body and soul for us over 10 years. Its based on opinion only, but I think he knows he just physically cant make another season at the sharp end and just wants to f**k off back home for an end to his career.

He knows it, i know it, opposition strikers know it. Its probably the biggest thing a man can do when he has to admit to himself he cant do his job anymore at the sharp end and i wouldnt want to force him into playing for us for another season through physical pain just becasue we are too cheap to buy a proper performing replacement.

We should just f***ing sell him and move on. If not and hes really serious, buy out his contract and he can go, whatever, but hes just not able to be who we need him to be consistently anymore and that will happen to every single player that will ever pull on the shirt.

To me, this evaluation of our ailing captain smacks of having hit the nail squarely on its head.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:15 am

UFGN wrote:Off you f**k Laurent

I'll see if I can fit in giving a toss some time next week for five mins

No promises

Oh and by the way im so pleased Glass Ankles isnt here to be considered for the Armband

Give it to Sokratis or Laca
starmandb wrote:

Spot on as normal guys
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard