UFOs

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

UFOs

Postby Trina » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 pm

I thought there was a thread about this but cant find it. Interesting article...

THE last batch of UFO files from the Ministry of Defence is published today. It ends a five-year operation to declassify all the Government’s UFO documents and transfer them to the National Archives.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... z2WrFpGdVq
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: UFO's

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah, I could've sword I'd seen this thread before. Another unexplained disappearance...

ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Trina » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm

no lol. I remember a big debate about it :think:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

I for one DO NOT belive we are the only "life forms"....I think the MIB films are closer to the truth than people think.
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:03 pm

I used to always think that only kooks and crazy people were the ones claiming to see UFO's, and that the Area 51 stories were always a myth based off of the whole Roswell incident. But after watching a few documentaries and seeing, and hearing some very prominent (not kooky) people talk about this, and their experiences, along with a few Governments now declassifying their secret documents regarding the existence of UFO's and extraterrestrial life forms, I'm starting to lean toward being a believer. There just seems to be too much evidence to be a coincidence or a hoax.

Now we have former military officials, former military pilots, former CIA agents, former CEO's of major corporations coming out and admitting things that the UFO conspiracy theorist have talked about for years. There seems to be a real pressure right now on the US Govt to disclose information about what they know. Apparently Brazil just did this, and I've heard that Russia doesn't really hide their information about it either.

So what is the consensus from some of you folks. Do you believe, or has anyone had any experiences?

I totally believe that there is other life out there Universe, even if it is a small simple organism, there almost has to be. But now it seems I'm leaning toward there being intelligent life, and not only that, but that they have been here, and maybe still are. Yes, seems crazy, but look at the evidence, it's overwhelming.

Thoughts?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fenice » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I think there has to be intelligent life with the amount of planets we are aware of, especially because even more exist. Would be extremely arrogant to think we are the only intelligent beings out there. I’d hope they’re smarter than humans as a whole.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 pm

There seems to be two sides within the UFO community. One side that thinks they are trying to harm us and that we should be getting ready to fight them, and another side that seems to think they're here to help us, maybe even changing our DNA to help us evolve into what they want us to be. I know that sounds far fetched. There are many instances/claims that say the UFO's show up around nuclear test sites, and facilities a lot and have even shut down nuclear missiles on purpose. So they think that the aliens have real issues with our nuclear weapons and don't like us shooting them off or even testing them. Now, I know that was the plot in a famous alien movie, so makes it sound even more crazy, but it definitely makes you think. If some kind of being is more advanced than us, then maybe they have gone through many of the things that we are going through now, and know how to avoid disaster, so are trying to warn us?

Also, there are quotes and I've actually watched the press conferences were a few American presidents talk about UFO's and aliens and initiated investigations into the sightings and allegations. The Clintons are apparently really interested in this, and apparently Bill when in office claimed to ask about Area 51 when he first came into his presidency and wanted to know the truth, which of course he was told he didn't have the proper security clearance to know. So we do know that there are things that even the president isn't allowed to see or know, which just stirs up the controversy even more.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:38 pm

On the one hand you could believe that the miraculous series of events over billions of years that led to life on earth could very likely mean that we are alone. But then, what is out there is so vast that some might say it’s ridiculous to say there’s nothing else.

I’m not sure what to believe, but if there are alien life forms that have the capacity to visit earth, they are way ahead of us technologically, and have probably been visiting us for thousands of years. It’s quite possible that the theory of there being gods in the heavens may be referring to beings that came from the sky. There are lots of stories in the Old Testament that tell of beings coming from the sky, with blinding light and fire. I think the most interesting is where the prophet Elijah is carried into the sky by a group of spinning ‘chariots’.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm

That is one of the theories within the UFO community, that the greek gods specifically, and some of the other early civilizations that talked about gods from the sky were actually aliens, and not deities, and yes that they have been coming here for a long time, watching us evolve.

A few have came out stating that they have worked on these ships, and that they use some kind of advanced anti-gravity technology that allows them to bend space and time in order to move around the universe, without any type of electrical connectors or propulsion systems at all, and that we have been trying to reverse engineer it since the 50's.

I know how that all sounds, and I'm actually even a bit scared to be saying this stuff because I feel like it makes me look crazy, but there are just too many normal people that worked in very high places that are now demanding the truth from the Government. Obviously this isn't something that you just admit. The public would be in panic, and complete chaos. So the thinking is that the Government slowly but surely releases tid bits of information ever so often, as an attempt to slowly start to show the public the evidence, in hopes that if they give us a little bit at a time, we won't overreact when they finally admit to it all. Apparently Jimmy Carter, who has said he's seen a UFO before he was in office, and also Bill Clinton asked to see the evidence and wanted the truth uncovered while they were in office, but of course were denied. Ronald Regan even mentioned aliens and their possible existence in 8 different public speeches, one of which was while addressing the UN.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm

UFO's and Aliens is a very american obsession. 99% of the claimed sightings are in the US, mostly small towns and it's a self perpetuating cycle because kids are growing up hearing stories about area 51, government cover ups etc and it's easy to see things when you're looking for them i.e. confirmation bias.

Why would any alien visitors restrict their movements to one country? Seems ridiculous.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 pm

It's not just one country though Cyn, many countries, including yours. Look into it. And I highly doubt it's 99% of the sightings from the US. You can't just throw statistics that you have no clue about. I'm sure the majority of them are, but not close to 99%. There are thousands of reported sightings through the year all around the world. And a few docs I watched already were centered around England, Mexico and Russia.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:48 pm

A little research shows that the top countries for UFO sightings are the US, Scotland, Chile, Australia.

Just give it a little chance Cyn. So far many of the stories I have heard aren't people looking for them, so the whole confirmation bias thing doesn't hold up in your argument. They may very well be all a hoax, but your argument against them isn't very good.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fenice » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Living up to his name.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jedi » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:11 pm

UFOs? Absolutely.

I think it's entirely possible there are advanced military aircrafts some countries have developed but it's kept lowkey so others can't get their hands on the technology.

Extraterrestrials visiting Earth? I don't believe so and i don't think there's a case to be made for something like that.

CynicalGooner wrote:UFO's and Aliens is a very american obsession. 99% of the claimed sightings are in the US, mostly small towns and it's a self perpetuating cycle because kids are growing up hearing stories about area 51, government cover ups etc and it's easy to see things when you're looking for them i.e. confirmation bias.

Why would any alien visitors restrict their movements to one country? Seems ridiculous.

Well I'm from Serbia and my step father worked for the countries air force for 20 years, more or less spearheading UAV development. I very briefly spoke to him about UFO sightings once and he said there are many pilots in the military who have seen shit they can't explain to this day. They claim they saw UFOs performing flying maneuvers that shatter our perceptions of propulsion, flight controls... basically zigzagging around. And these aren't some crazy villagers or stoners.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Next

Return to The Big Debate