Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (11)

Postby knowledge93 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:32 pm

I hope this is just a rumour. Can't have Xhaka, Guendouzi and El Neny as our only centre mids. If it's true we can't let him go for less than 60 million. I have no confidence we would be able to find a good replacement though.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby mel4 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 pm

There is not a single quote where he said he wants to go. Players despite all the money they make, are allowed to complain about a different whether from what they are accustomed to. In same interview said player said he is going to get used to it. But no, some idiot reporters want to get you guys all worked up and it seems to be working perfectly.

... that was how some idiot kept on giving details of how many bids we have placed for Claude Maurice fellow just to jack up his price. A tactic well used by other clubs. We never even approached with a bid but when he was quoted to be interested in Gladbach... cue the "he is smart to stay away from Emery", "we are a joke of club", "even nobodys are rejecting us", "how far have we fallen"...

Yes we are not the best at transfers and have slipped considerably, but why get worked up over baseless transfer rumours?

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby rewb1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 pm

if milan offer good money wouldnt mind getting rid tbh, we need someone more physical imo. Dont want to sell but for good money we could invest in a cheaper potentially better DM.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Gulp
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 pm

Sims wrote:

Gulp

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-17109996
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 pm

rewb1 wrote:if milan offer good money wouldnt mind getting rid tbh, we need someone more physical imo. Dont want to sell but for good money we could invest in a cheaper potentially better DM.

When have Milan offered good money for anything?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby HalHartley » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:07 am

1 game wonder and people are crying about him leaving.
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:13 am

He basically said its sh*t here in England and he prefers Italy.

Tbh after the things he was saying, Its making me wonder why I live here lol.

Problem with me is I'm too much of a homeboy, I like my friends and family close, going to a new country, firstly it would have to be English speaking and that just leaves America, and tbf I think I prefer Europe to America?

Anyway as for Torreira, just make sure we get nigh on £40m otherwise its not worth it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:27 am

Losmeister wrote:
Sims wrote:

Gulp

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-17109996

lmfao the shit written for clicks

Torreira: "I think it was better in Italy. England is a totally different world, a very large country. The language [barrier] has cost me, to be able to relate with my peers and with the people. It is very difficult when you can’t have dialogue. And so is the climate. You go out in the morning and it is cloudy, you arrive late to your home and it is cloudy. It is strange a little bit, the sun, the more of us that we are here and we are accustomed to having always or almost always the sun. But as the years pass, I’m going to be adapting." (emphasis mine)

Media: Torreira DEMANDS Move BACK to Sunny Italy
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:23 am

EliteKiller wrote:Given this more thought and it's a feckin' disgrace - we can't allow ourselves to be played as some sort of stepping stone or 'gap year in London" club. Lucas signed a five year contract, tell those pasta eating twats to f**k off .... come back next year with a huge offer, or when we decide to sell him in 2021 when his contract is down to two years ...

If we allow one player to pull this crap then nobody will take us seriously, who wants to sign for a club with a revolving front door? ... players know there's not a hope in hell off that club ever winning anything ... it's total bullshit
If we can get good money out of them for him (as if), who cares? The boy is too small and lacks athleticism to make up for it.

Love his attitude and he put in a fantastic performance against the Scum at home but I'd take £50m+ for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:24 am

Anyway this might all be bullshit. His full quotes don't indicate he wants to leave at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He basically said its sh*t here in England and he prefers Italy.

Tbh after the things he was saying, Its making me wonder why I live here lol.

Problem with me is I'm too much of a homeboy, I like my friends and family close, going to a new country, firstly it would have to be English speaking and that just leaves America, and tbf I think I prefer Europe to America?

Anyway as for Torreira, just make sure we get nigh on £40m otherwise its not worth it.

We don't want you. :hiding:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby HalHartley » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 pm

He knows he cannot handle the PL, so is making out he misses Italy, why join in the first place. He a had a few stand out games and the rest was shit.
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Sims » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:58 pm

He was very underwhelming second half of the season, too small and tires easily

Would sell if we got £60-70m but no less than that

If he wants to downgrade to a shit team in a dead league then it’s his problem
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:09 pm

I don't know what to believe, but wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go because he doesn't want to drown with this sinking ship of a club.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football