The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 am

Royal Gooner wrote:We were the House of Lords of Football where the board and directors positions were all handed down from the original founders and investors from father to son until Fitzman and Dein came in and joined the group. It is a real shame we have lost the benevolent hereditary board that loved and cared for the club.

all very true ... and for decades our own "House of Lords" had absolutely nothing to do with the day to day running of the club ... it was a self-financing model run by David Dein from 1983 - 2007 (he was also a minority shareholder at 14.5%) then along came Gazidis 2008 - 2018 and now we have Vinai in the CEO's chair ....

In all that time the majority "owners" or more accurately shareholders have sat back and done bugger all ... Kroenke like him or loathe him is no different from those who came before ... it's just today's entitled fan desperately seeking a scapegoat who now blame Kroenke ... such is the modern way.

The fact is once Dein left Wonger got far to much power and fecked everything up ... Gazidis couldn't stop him and eventually he ran away ... let's hope Vinai is more up to the job ...

Kroenke? seriously, just like the House of Lords before him he does nothing, so why does anyone give a f**k?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 am

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't understand why Kroenke is at Arsenal. Sure, we're a huge franchise. And yes that might be it.

But any other owner would do so much more with Arsenal's stature. They'd make sure we at least acted like a big club. They'd exploit our brand value.

Under Kroenke, we're becoming the new Everton. We act like we're West Ham. How does that even help Kroenke economically?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Zedie wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:The club had remarkably little change for decades before Kroenke.

Basically you had the Hill-Woods, Nina Bracewell-Smith, Danny Fitzman, a small number of other faces and then Ken Friar in various senior roles

Cant think of many clubs where not only the fans, but even rival fans, could name most of the board. Our directors were so well known that they were almost household names

We were the House of Lords of Football where the board and directors positions were all handed down from the original founders and investors from father to son until Fitzman and Dein came in and joined the group. It is a real shame we have lost the benevolent hereditary board that loved and cared for the club.

They cashed out to suit their interests to a man that sees us as little more than a trinket to add to his collection.

They thought more of the payoff than they thought of us.

Yup !!! Peter Hill-Wood, chief charlatan !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Jay, before he appointed those people I had already made up my mind he was shit. Now he appointed new people, if they do well, then maybe I'll change my mind. They haven't done well yet. Is that hard to understand? Can you at least get that simple part?

Yes, I gave you one big reason. He's shit because he isn't running our club well. Can you understand that? We are falling behind? We are out of the top 4 and not able to sign elite players. Do you understand that part?

Here lets start with a simple question

Is Stan Kroneke the owner of Arsenal football club?

Are you smart enough to understand that question?

I will then ask one question at a time, so as not to confuse you. I apologize, I thought maybe you were an adult and could have an adult conversation, now I know that you're just a child, I will speak to you accordingly. My bad bro!

I'm going to put an alternate argument forward. If I buy a company of which I know nothing about and I employ a CEO or whatever the hell Gazidis was to oversee the company because I had neither the time or the knowledge to do so myself and I employed a manager to deal with footballing matters, my "job" at the club is not as job at all, I am the main that signs the cheques. Kroenke is NOT running the club, he just owns it. Other people are running the club. I think there is a clear case to say owning a business and running a business are not necessarily the same thing.

Who is responsible for putting the right people in charge to run his club? Is it Kroenke, or someone else?

He's a shit owner for all his franchises. He's shit because he doesn't care about winning or losing. He only cares about his investment. I've had more experience with Kroenke as an owner than you. He owned my NFL team let them become the worst in the league and then moved them to another city. He owns several other teams here that don't do very well over here, because he doesn't care enough to make them winners. He has too much on his plate to do so. His involvement in sports is about money and only money and only establishing his family as one of the richest in America/World. That's what he cares about. Maybe if he only owned one franchise he would put more effort into making that one club win, but he is spread too thin, not to mention he's just a massive douche bag.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm

StLGooner wrote:Who is responsible for putting the right people in charge to run his club? Is it Kroenke, or someone else?

He's a shit owner for all his franchises. He's shit because he doesn't care about winning or losing. He only cares about his investment. I've had more experience with Kroenke as an owner than you. He owned my NFL team let them become the worst in the league and then moved them to another city. He owns several other teams here that don't do very well over here, because he doesn't care enough to make them winners. He has too much on his plate to do so. His involvement in sports is about money and only money and only establishing his family as one of the richest in America/World. That's what he cares about. Maybe if he only owned one franchise he would put more effort into making that one club win, but he is spread too thin, not to mention he's just a massive douche bag.

He's one of the most profitable investors in sports franchise history ... he's now worth 8.8 billion ... sure he married into money, wish I had.

To expect a hands off investor to suddenly role up and manage Arsenal football club? it's just crazy talk. He employed what the vast majority on here just a few years ago were calling the dream team ... Gazidis on the books and Wenger calling the shots ... when they screwed the pooch he fired them and got new executives in, if they f**k up they will be replaced ... that's his job and his only job, and that ain't changing.

you might be bright he's a massive douche bag but so what?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Who is responsible for putting the right people in charge to run his club? Is it Kroenke, or someone else?

He's one of the most profitable investors in sports franchise history ... he's now worth 8.8 billion ... sure he married into money, wish I had.

To expect a hands off investor to suddenly role up and manage Arsenal football club? it's just crazy talk. He employed what the vast majority on here just a few years ago were calling the dream team ... Gazidis on the books and Wenger calling the shots ... when they screwed the pooch he fired them and got new executives in, if they f**k up they will be replaced ... that's his job and his only job, and that ain't changing.

When did I say I ever expected him to do anything? I know what his role is, and he isn't good at it. It's that simple. Look at our club right now, do you think we're in a good position? Obviously not. You people want to just blame one person, I don't know why people can't seem go grasp that it takes a whole club to win, and when they don't you blame the whole club. Not just the coach, not just the board, not just the players, and not just the owner. EVERYONE. It all starts with the owner though, and he's just a shit one.

All of what you said is true. But none of that makes him a good owner in my book. Like I said, I've been witnessing Kroenke and his clubs for years. I've been watching and have been a part of the American sports scene for years. I know what kind of owner he is, he isn't a good one. His lack of consistent success shows this, his lack of involvement shows this, his blatant lying to a whole city caused them to pay $15 million dollars over their own tax money, just for us to find out that we were lied to the whole time. Yes, I have a bit of a negative view towards him because of what he did with the Rams, but trust me when I say I didn't like him before that, nor did many of the fans from teams he owns.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm

StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

When did I say I ever expected him to do anything? I know what his role is, and he isn't good at it. It's that simple. Look at our club right now, do you think we're in a good position? Obviously not. You people want to just blame one person, I don't know why people can't seem go grasp that it takes a whole club to win, and when they don't you blame the whole club. Not just the coach, not just the board, not just the players, and not just the owner. EVERYONE. It all starts with the owner though, and he's just a shit one.

All of what you said is true. But none of that makes him a good owner in my book. Like I said, I've been witnessing Kroenke and his clubs for years. I've been watching and have been a part of the American sports scene for years. I know what kind of owner he is, he isn't a good one. His lack of consistent success shows this, his lack of involvement shows this, his blatant lying to a whole city caused them to pay $15 million dollars over their own tax money, just for us to find out that we were lied to the whole time. Yes, I have a bit of a negative view towards him because of what he did with the Rams, but trust me when I say I didn't like him before that, nor did many of the fans from teams he owns.

If you're a supporter of the LA Rams, can you go into detail about the new coach you appointed and making it to the Superbowl last year? What changed around the Franchise for that to happen?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

If you're a supporter of the LA Rams, can you go into detail about the new coach you appointed and making it to the Superbowl last year? What changed around the Franchise for that to happen?

I'm not a supporter for the Rams anymore. Not once they moved. I couldn't bring myself to support that club anymore not with Stan as the owner.

But the Rams before they went to LA were bad ever since Stan took over. We were one of the worst in the league for about a good 10 years. That whole time though we had some very good draft classes, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, so we were starting to see some progress. Once they got to LA, I don't know what happened. They found a new young coach, and a good young QB, so that helped them a bit, but obviously still not enough. The NFL has a lot of parity in it though, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rams fall back into mediocrity this up coming season. Stan will only care if it effects him selling season tickets for his shiny new stadium, you know the one that we were supposed to get here in St. Louis. The one he promised to us, the one he said he was going to make because he didn't want to move the team to LA. But Stan lied, because that's what Stan does when it comes to him and making money. He doesn't care about the fans, or the players, he just cares that his business is still profitable.

And that's the whole point. I don't like owners like him, he owns too many different sports teams, and isn't hands on enough for my liking. I do agree that an owner can be too hands on, but there is a delicate balance that makes a good owner from a shit one like him. Everyone else has the right to disagree and you can like him as an owner all you want, I just will politely disagree with you.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:40 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I'm not a supporter for the Rams anymore. Not once they moved. I couldn't bring myself to support that club anymore not with Stan as the owner.

But the Rams before they went to LA were bad ever since Stan took over. We were one of the worst in the league for about a good 10 years. That whole time though we had some very good draft classes, mostly on the defensive side of the ball, so we were starting to see some progress. Once they got to LA, I don't know what happened. They found a new young coach, and a good young QB, so that helped them a bit, but obviously still not enough. The NFL has a lot of parity in it though, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rams fall back into mediocrity this up coming season. Stan will only care if it effects him selling season tickets for his shiny new stadium, you know the one that we were supposed to get here in St. Louis. The one he promised to us, the one he said he was going to make because he didn't want to move the team to LA. But Stan lied, because that's what Stan does when it comes to him and making money. He doesn't care about the fans, or the players, he just cares that his business is still profitable.

And that's the whole point. I don't like owners like him, he owns too many different sports teams, and isn't hands on enough for my liking. I do agree that an owner can be too hands on, but there is a delicate balance that makes a good owner from a shit one like him. Everyone else has the right to disagree and you can like him as an owner all you want, I just will politely disagree with you.

From what I read, Kroenke helped move the Rams from LA to St Louis originally. I was just reading up on how St Louis was too small and not enough resources to support a football franchise but you'd know more. Not sure how the economics work for a small city but if the a franchise is a more of financial drain on the city, I don't know how staying is beneficial.

I didn't think the Rams had much of a winning record in terms of championships. But then again, not many can compare to the Cowboys and Patriots. With American sports in general, j always thought it was a generational thing where teams dominate fir a period because of a particular player or group of players but the success is never monopolized because players leave and you also have the draft system. I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about the NBA and how they thought the Knicks and Lakers were purposely tanking to get the better draft pick. I don't know how it works over ther or how the owners run it but I can't really see the correlation to Premier League football. But again
you'd know more cause it's not really what I follow.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

From what I read, Kroenke helped move the Rams from LA to St Louis originally. I was just reading up on how St Louis was too small and not enough resources to support a football franchise but you'd know more. Not sure how the economics work for a small city but if the a franchise is a more of financial drain on the city, I don't know how staying is beneficial.

I didn't think the Rams had much of a winning record in terms of championships. But then again, not many can compare to the Cowboys and Patriots. With American sports in general, j always thought it was a generational thing where teams dominate fir a period because of a particular player or group of players but the success is never monopolized because players leave and you also have the draft system. I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about the NBA and how they thought the Knicks and Lakers were purposely tanking to get the better draft pick. I don't know how it works over ther or how the owners run it but I can't really see the correlation to Premier League football. But again
you'd know more cause it's not really what I follow.

No, he wasn't the owner then. Only owned a few shares. Georgie moved them to St. Louis. St. Louis was doing fine supporting the team. Don't believe the hype that Stan and the NFL want you to believe. We supported them better than most big cities. They just knew they would be more profitable and better for the league in LA. Stan and the NFL lied to us the whole time. He promised he wanted to stay all the while buying up land for a new stadium in LA. You should never support a guy like that, so I don't. It would have said a lot about him and the NFL if they were just honest with us. But instead they pretended to have one plan, all the while having another plan.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Can another franchise move to St. Louis?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 am

StLGooner wrote:

No disrespect, I only care about Arsenal, I couldn't care less how he has run his other sports businesses.

As an Arsenal fan I cannot complain about the level of investment he has sanctioned since assuming total control. He is not the one who has f***ked up!

If an employee with a previously stellar record proceeds to make bad decisions causing the company distress, how can you blame the owner?? There was no reason for Kroenke to not trust Wenger.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 am

To add, I don't like Kroenke because he prevented Usmanov taking over and I think Usmanov would have demanded excellence.

I don't like Kroenke because he has no interest or love for Arsenal, he just sees us as an investment. I hate his stupid f***ing moustache too and he looks like a clueless muppet. But I cannot say he is the reason for our recent failures.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

No disrespect, I only care about Arsenal, I couldn't care less how he has run his other sports businesses.

As an Arsenal fan I cannot complain about the level of investment he has sanctioned since assuming total control. He is not the one who has f***ked up!

If an employee with a previously stellar record proceeds to make bad decisions causing the company distress, how can you blame the owner?? There was no reason for Kroenke to not trust Wenger.

I only care about Arsenal too, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's a despicable human being, and any Arsenal fan shouldn't want him as the owner. Yes, so what, he has put money into the club, I'm not the one arguing against that, I'm telling you he isn't the type of trust worthy loyal person you would want running your club. Cause he doesn't care about you or me, or any other fan for that matter, not unless you stop spending the hard earned cash to help fuel his empire. There are better more loyal owners out there. Even if we start winning, I still don't want him as a owner. Kind of like Utd, they all mostly hate the Glazers, even though that ownership group brought them numerous trophies. There are better ways to run a club and be an owner, yes there are also worse ways, so I'm thankful that he isn't any worse, but we could have better.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk