Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:58 pm

and he did it in slow motion too
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:01 pm

He should go but I don't think he will, he puts in too many sh1t performances to be a reliable team player, if we can sell him to whoever, bite their hand off.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I'm in two minds. Whilst I'd like to see him sold and a replacement signed, he's at a good age and is the kind of player you should not let go for cheap. We should demand Inter or whoever else match what we paid for him, at least
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

He's shit, get rid. How hard can it be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm

The more I think about it, the less likely this seems. Inter are trying to engineer a Icardi + cash deal for Lukaku, they won't have £50m to blow on a single player. AFC brass probably won't sanction a deal for a young NT player in exchange for Perisic + cash.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:55 pm

north bank gooner wrote:Joke of the day, Xhaka Swiss captain vs Portugal.

Xhaka has captained Switzerland 7 times
Including a 2-1 win in Iceland in October when his cross set up seferovic for the 1st goal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby north bank gooner » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 pm

starmandb wrote:

Including a 2-1 win in Iceland in October when his cross set up seferovic for the 1st goal

My comment was tongue in cheek, but what point are you trying to prove about xhaka? He is utter shite.

Here is a stat for you, as midfielders go xhaka has made more errors that lead to opponent goals than any other midfielder in the PL for the last 3 seasons. Right off the top of my head his cross field ball versus cardiff away and his ridiculous tackle vs Brighton conceding the pen that ultimately cost us CL football next season.

And the prick is talking about joining Milan, I will drive him to the airport.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:32 pm

north bank gooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

My comment was tongue in cheek, but what point are you trying to prove about xhaka? He is utter shite.

Here is a stat for you, as midfielders go xhaka has made more errors that lead to opponent goals than any other midfielder in the PL for the last 3 seasons. Right off the top of my head his cross field ball versus cardiff away and his ridiculous tackle vs Brighton conceding the pen that ultimately cost us CL football next season.

And the prick is talking about joining Milan, I will drive him to the airport.

You are a good man. :arsesmile:
Nuggets

Postby gooney » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 am

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm in two minds. Whilst I'd like to see him sold and a replacement signed, he's at a good age and is the kind of player you should not let go for cheap. We should demand Inter or whoever else match what we paid for him, at least

Or just keep him and play him and watch him make same errors and not progress as a team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 pm

If we have ambitions of really challenging players like Xhaka gots to go. ALL mediocrity gots to go. Cull the lot of them. We have a decent base, lets keep that and supplement it.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:If we have ambitions of really challenging players like Xhaka gots to go. ALL mediocrity gots to go. Cull the lot of them. We have a decent base, lets keep that and supplement it.

I’m for selling whoever we need to. I don’t like Unai, but the job is his. Let him sink or swim with his own ship.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 am

I mean if we're being offered our money back for this guy and then some we cannot turn that down. Otherwise... I guess he could work and has worked at points but only at the base of a 3 man midfield with torriera and someone almost as mobile. Xhaka's lack of mobility is terrifying especially on that left side of the midfield which is so often left exposed my Kolasinac. If we strengthened at left back and also added a midfielder to play a similar role to torriera but on the left side of xhaka we could get away with it. Building a team around your weaknesses maybe ain't the smartest long term but for us to go and replace 2 midfield slots with our budget and damaged stock might be overly ambitious.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 pm

If we can get our money back for Granit Xhaka, we shouldn't hesistate a second.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 am

He is a liability, cut our losses. If Emery sees anything but selling Xhaka he has signed his own death warrant in my view. Lets cut out the cancer and get ourselves back to health. Includes all sub-standard players.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:04 am

theHotHead wrote:He is a liability, cut our losses. If Emery sees anything but selling Xhaka he has signed his own death warrant in my view. Lets cut out the cancer and get ourselves back to health. Includes all sub-standard players.

No one is gonna spend even 10 million on hin and he recently signed 100k contract. Another bad decision by the club
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football