Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 am

Aint nobody offering 50 million for xhaka. Not even 25 million. And lool at thinking a seria a club would spend than on a midfielder
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby #ST » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:33 am

This is going to be a tough negotiation.

At one hand you want as much as possible.. But you want to sell no matter what.

This guy is a huge liability. Together with Mustafi he's the reason I don't sleep well at night.

Get rid please
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 am

SuperTurrek wrote:This is going to be a tough negotiation.

At one hand you want as much as possible.. But you want to sell no matter what.

This guy is a huge liability. Together with Mustafi he's the reason I don't sleep well at night.

Get rid please

Maybe we will sell him. But it wont be inter. They are facing ffp and have to sell for 30 million this summer. So they have no money. I can see them selling persic and a cm and try to loan xhaka. Because even then they cant buy him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:07 am

Zenith wrote:

:rofll:

Yago wrote:50m? I almost feel bad for ripping them off like that, but it would be glorious.

Think it will be more in the range of £30-35m.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 am

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Yago wrote:50m? I almost feel bad for ripping them off like that, but it would be glorious.

Again how is inter gonna buy for 35 million when they have to sell for 30 million just to make ffp. And after that they gotta break even. Thisvbe like someone say arsenal will buy our player for 70 million
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby north bank gooner » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:11 am

Sims wrote:
goonerj08 wrote:
Sims wrote:The irony of the post above is staggering

Which part? You think his style of play is suited for the PL?

Nah north bank gooner had a post but deleted it calling people stupid thinking Xhaka had world class ability when they were clearly talking about Guendouzi

Xhaka looks 100x better for Switzerland than us

Yeah misinterpreted the original post, Guendozi shows promise but lets not get carried away there.

With regards to Xhaka on the international stage he was as much a chump last night as he was last week vs Chelski. He wasn't really effective in the world cup either when he faced half decent opposition.

He will be as shit in Italy as he is in the PL. Ronaldo must be licking his lips.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 am

Dejan wrote:I think gendouzi will play a massive role in our midfield next season tbh too much potential

If he can improve his awareness (he doesn't get his head up quickly enough when he receives the ball), he could indeed be a beast for us next season.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:47 am

theHotHead wrote:
Dejan wrote:I think gendouzi will play a massive role in our midfield next season tbh too much potential

If he can improve his awareness (he doesn't get his head up quickly enough when he receives the ball), he could indeed be a beast for us next season.

Yeah, I think he's got enough potential there to make it - but he needs to make the step up next season. Straight away.
Potential should only be a consideration for a few months. After that it should have turned into something.
We see this with top players, it doesn't take long to reach top class levels. One year is plenty - probably too long - to be in a PL first team squad on potential alone.

This is why players like Iwobi - even though I think he has improved - will never be good enough. He's had seasons to work on his final ball and he's still shit at it. That means he doesn't actually have the talent.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 am

Wouldn’t take less than what we paid tbh, 35m then is 50m now anyway so it will take that to replace him. Bit of smart scouting we might be able to get someone at 35m and use 15m elsewhere.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 am

gooney wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Again how is inter gonna buy for 35 million when they have to sell for 30 million just to make ffp. And after that they gotta break even. Thisvbe like someone say arsenal will buy our player for 70 million

While I think Xhaka isn't worth more than £20m in today's market, we're masters of getting screwed over player sales and Inter don't have to pay the £30m in lump sum.

They could easily pay us £30m in installments. That's how these deals work. The only reason we got Ozil is because we could manage the entirety of his £42.5m fee on one go. And Real needed that to fund the Bale deal. Such instances are rare.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:09 am

Santi wrote:Wouldn’t take less than what we paid tbh, 35m then is 50m now anyway so it will take that to replace him. Bit of smart scouting we might be able to get someone at 35m and use 15m elsewhere.

So if we were offered 25 million you would turn it down and keep him playing? I thought we were past those wenger days when we keep trash players because of greed. Remind me of turning 20 million down for chambers or 8 million for bendtner who then went out on free. Hell even for 20 million i would sell xhaka. He is not good enough
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby north bank gooner » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 am

gooney wrote:
Santi wrote:Wouldn’t take less than what we paid tbh, 35m then is 50m now anyway so it will take that to replace him. Bit of smart scouting we might be able to get someone at 35m and use 15m elsewhere.

So if we were offered 25 million you would turn it down and keep him playing? I thought we were past those wenger days when we keep trash players because of greed. Remind me of turning 20 million down for chambers or 8 million for bendtner who then went out on free. Hell even for 20 million i would sell xhaka. He is not good enough

Absolutely, £25m gets added to our £40m budget and gives us more options. And that's before we look at possibly another £40m+ for the duds. More if Ozil or Auba are sold. Although I really don't want to lose Auba.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Sims wrote:
goonerj08 wrote:
Sims wrote:The irony of the post above is staggering

Which part? You think his style of play is suited for the PL?

Nah north bank gooner had a post but deleted it calling people stupid thinking Xhaka had world class ability when they were clearly talking about Guendouzi

Xhaka looks 100x better for Switzerland than us

As did Djourou and Senderos .......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zanatos3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Zenith wrote:

Thank you Zenith :clap: ...I was trying my best to post this to ONLY Arsenal dedicated fan forums yesterday, tried to turn the smallest video clip into a GIF but it was still too large!

& yeah I hope, just the like the clueless commentators & live match video replay technicians, [ Who completely ignored Xhakas ASSIST & gave all credit to Ronaldo] I hope Inter & all Interested parties don't pay any close attention to his faults, which are seismic.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zanatos3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Zenith wrote:

This guy is a Legend! :rofll: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/granit-xhaka-says-not-much-can-gifting-cristiano-ronaldo-hat-trick-goal-9838918/

HEADLINE : Granit Xhaka says there’s ‘not much you can do’ about Cristiano Ronaldo after gifting him his hat-trick goal

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/granit-x ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to World Football