Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby north bank gooner » Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 am

gooney wrote:
north bank gooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
north bank gooner wrote:
gunnor wrote:
whee wrote:
gunnor wrote:
whee wrote:
gunnor wrote:He's being paid to play and there is 0% chance that his life is in danger. We're almost certain to lose now because Mkhi is such an important player. So frustrating!


0% chance that his life is in danger? Well that's not exactly true is it.

And the second sentence is just as big a pile of bollocks as the first.

His life is not in danger. And yes, we are more likely to lose now than not. Mkhi is a high level performer in this competition and we have no playmaker now other than Ozil. It's pretty much all on Ozil's shoulders. No Ramsey No Mkhitaryan. This is a disaster.


We've seen a couple of occasions this year where supporters have got onto the field of play and assaulted players; no reason that couldn't happen in Baku - so not 0% chance at all. When there's a desire from a lunatic to act, there's always a chance.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of Mkhi to this match. The one part of his game I think we may miss is his industry, but guess what? Somebody else will have to pull their socks up.

Is Mkhi in your best XI?

Yeah but they extended a State guarantee, the ambassador the foreign ministry etc. all came out and said he had nothing to worry about. That's a big deal. I can't think of a single time when a single player representing a club was targeted on hostile territory. I admit that Serbians did invade the pitch to attack Albanian players once but Mkhi is representing Arsenal here not Armenia. There are a lot of Arsenal fans in Azerbaijan believe it or not. It's not realistic for him to say he fears for his life.

We have nobody that can replace Ozil even if Mkhi wasn't in your first XI that's my point. If Mkhi starts, he can complement Ozil and yes I would start him. But if Mkhi doesn't start then we would have no choice but to play 5 at the back (3 centre backs with two wingbacks) with only Ozil as the playmaker, just like against Valencia. But if plan A doesn't work, there is no plan B, because we don't have Mkhi. Its as simple as that. Either Ozil does the job or we're toast! Remember, every time plan A doesn't work, Mkhi always bails us out, he's an effective replacement for Ozil. His directness and sharp crosses would also catch Chelsea defenders out. Like I said, no Ramsey and no Mikhi means Ozil is on his own.


You're making a big case for Mikhi being on the bench. I am not sure how tbh, he was responsible for the Brighton move (with his shocking pass in the final third) that ultimately saw us drop 2 points which was the difference between us qualifying for the CL in 4th and having an all or nothing shot in Baku.

In saying that I am disappointed that he did not despite reassurances from the highest order in Azerbaijan choose to travel. The fans are taking every bit as much a risk going into an unstable part of the world.

Mkhitariyan was also responsible for our equaliser home to wolves
Set up lacazette for our first then scored in our 2-0 home win v Southampton


Those weren't pivotal moments were they though? In the case of Soton, it didn't make any difference.

The Brighton game was worth millions to us, and under pressure, Mikhi was a player that didn't step up. I am not saying others in the team are not responsible, Xhaka and Mustafi were absolute dogshit in the run in but let's keep things in perspective.

Next season if Reiss Nelson isn't loaned out I would like to see him started ahead of Mikhi and Ozil in a creative position.


Reiss nelson isnt half the player micky is....but why not. The guy who cant get a game in bundesliga is better than a guy who was one of the best players in bundesliga....make that make sense. The worst thing being arsenal fan is how we overated English kds


Reiss Nelson is a developing player, Mikhi is clearly a player that is way past his best.

He couldn't hold down a place in the manure side when he was effective. You're comparing apples with pears in terms of both players, I am looking to the future. Reiss Nelson might not make it, but he has bags more potential than a declining Mikhi.

Apparently Mikhi is about to be sold, and for sure his wages at £200k a week would be money better spent elsewhere.

You cannot get away from the fact Mikhi has been utter dogshite this season.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 am

Got to agree with EK, none of those countries should be classed as Europe!! The western ex Soviet countries, ok, but definitely not those in the East.
User avatar
theHotHead
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 25, 2019 6:51 am

Gooney, your logic is misguided

Riess Nelson has not had a bad season at all, he is good on the ball and does not look like like he would be out of place in our first team. I like Mkhi, but he has been possibly the worst performer in our team last season. But he did score a few goals and get some assists.

Your argument that seems to be there is a gulf in class between the 2 players is laughable. If it is based on form then no, Mkhi is absolutely not better, if it is not then yes, Mkhi is miles better than Nelson.
User avatar
theHotHead
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby PairyGrows » Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 am

whee wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:Poor relations between Armenia and Azerbaijan are a political issue, not a footballing issue. If you don't like the situation, you shouldn't turn to UEFA for a resolution.


But when UEFA's own policy is about inclusion for all and promoting opportunities regardless of race, sex, faith, then question's have to be asked about how the decision was made in the first place.

It was mentioned in Parliament, as those fans with Armenian connections have been refused visas (even though they'd have stated Europa League Final on their application) - that then becomes an FCO matter. Those visas should never have been refused.


While I understand all that, it's very different to take a stance against xenophobia than to take a stance against a country because of their perceived xenophobia. The difference is paramount.

If we start banning countries from hosting international football matches because we believe them to be xenophobic, no country comes out unscathed.
PairyGrows
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Arsenal fans with Mkhitaryan on their shirts getting stopped by police in Baku.
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 am

I don't know what all the fuss is about, he had the chance to go but said no. End of.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 14998
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby themessiah » Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am

Gooners acting like Mkhitaryan has died lol.
User avatar
themessiah
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby themessiah » Wed May 29, 2019 7:55 am

Nuggets wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is about, he had the chance to go but said no. End of.



This

Put the Mkhi shirts away, this about Arsenal not politics.
User avatar
themessiah
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 29, 2019 7:59 am

themessiah wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is about, he had the chance to go but said no. End of.



This

Put the Mkhi shirts away, this about Arsenal not politics.


Agreed, keep politics out of football (and that includes those ghastly rainbow laces!)
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8771
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 29, 2019 10:18 am

Its easy to say keep politics out of football but in this case politics thrust itself into football, so it can't be ignored.
User avatar
theHotHead
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mkhitaryan and UEFA Disgrace

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 29, 2019 12:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:Its easy to say keep politics out of football but in this case politics thrust itself into football, so it can't be ignored.


It's all media bollocks, making something out of nothing.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 14998
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], UFGN and 6 guests